im amazed the venue/ticketmaster had the balls to sell seats around the sides

and they did that b/c they knew it would still sell out

/notweakprey

why would that take balls? It seems some of the side seats like the ones I have (sec 114) are close to the stage even though they are side stage. (this info is from a staples center rep I talked to)

I think he means that the 100 nice seats around the corners will be decent compared to the other 900 seats that would suck. But hell, TM is a corporation like all others, looking for a profit. =/

And did they delete some posts? I could have sworn we were about 5 away from 4000...

I think he means that the 100 nice seats around the corners will be decent compared to the other 900 seats that would suck. But hell, TM is a corporation like all others, looking for a profit. =/

And did they delete some posts? I could have sworn we were about 5 away from 4000...

I think they did :indiff:

Does anyone know how Staples is with cameras? Right now I have a point and shoot that takes decent video, and I'm pretty sure I'd be okay with this kind of camera. I'm thinking of buying a Flip video cam to get better videos... good idea or bad idea?

Does anyone know how Staples is with cameras? Right now I have a point and shoot that takes decent video, and I'm pretty sure I'd be okay with this kind of camera. I'm thinking of buying a Flip video cam to get better videos... good idea or bad idea?

They allow point and shoot cameras as long as the lens isn't over 3 and a half inches long...

Right now I have a point and shoot that takes decent video, and I'm pretty sure I'd be okay with this kind of camera. I'm thinking of buying a Flip video cam to get better videos... good idea or bad idea?

The biggest problem I had with my point-and-shoot was the flashing lights and distance to the stage wreaking havoc on the autofocus, with both pics *and* video. You might experiment with taking pictures at night with just a few lights, like maybe cars under street lamps or houses with porch lights on, or maybe set up your own night shots.

does anyone think this show will sell out? because I think it would be awesome if we could do it. maybe not as awesome as selling out wembley, but still :awesome:

No doubt this will sell out. IN FACT, I would not be surprised if ANOTHER Staples Center Show was announced. This is their biggest fan base in the US, home of the record industry, home of entertainment, they have strong support from radio and fans here. The muse movement is moving from the west to the east coast. I have friends who still have never heard of them.

Basically, outside of London, Los Angeles might be the biggest, most important, most supportive city they visit.

No doubt this will sell out. IN FACT, I would not be surprised if ANOTHER Staples Center Show was announced. This is their biggest fan base in the US, home of the record industry, home of entertainment, they have strong support from radio and fans here. The muse movement is moving from the west to the east coast. I have friends who still have never heard of them.

Basically, outside of London, Los Angeles might be the biggest, most important, most supportive city they visit.

I'd argue they have just as big of a following in the SF Bay Area, and I'm sure they like visiting there much better than that shithole LA! :p

Well, they did sell out two stadium shows in Paris (Stade de France), so the support there at least is pretty strong.

I'd argue they have just as big of a following in the SF Bay Area, and I'm sure they like visiting there much better than that shithole LA! :p

I'd agree that the Bay Area is much nicer than LA (I'm from the greater LA area), unless you count Oakland, which from my very limited experience seems mostly industrial.

However, Matt did say in an interview in Atlanta during the U2 supporting tour that LA is his favorite US city to play in (then it turned out that LA didn't count as an answer and he picked Atlanta instead).

This show is way too far away, I can't wait that long....

I've only been to Staples Center for Laker games, but never for a concert. Lousy acoustics, huh? Shame, but I've heard the same about quite a few venues in the area (Honda Center included, though I personally disagree with that), and it's never been a concert-killer for me. My friend just saw Michael Buble at Staples the other day, so I'll get an opinion from her too.

I can't go to both LA area shows, but I'll probably go to this one since it's like an hour closer than Honda Center. And it's on a Saturday, which is a big plus. I just hope that doesn't drastically increase the demand for good tickets.

Either way, I'm stoked. Been wanting to see a FULL Muse show ever since Acoustic Christmas last year.

...........................................................................................................................

laptop repair

CMDB Software

Meanie :p LA is a lovely smog filled place ;)

But to add to the 'big following' they supposedly have in the Bay Area, I'm still surprised that the Sac show hasn't sold nearly as many tickets as this one :erm: there's something wrong with that

Meanie :p LA is a lovely smog filled place ;)

But to add to the 'big following' they supposedly have in the Bay Area, I'm still surprised that the Sac show hasn't sold nearly as many tickets as this one :erm: there's something wrong with that

I think the rumor of a San Jose show is keeping some people from buying Sac tickets... I'd guess that if they never add a Bay Area show, then a lot more Bay Area peeps will be driving to Sac!

I think the rumor of a San Jose show is keeping some people from buying Sac tickets... I'd guess that if they never add a Bay Area show, then a lot more Bay Area peeps will be driving to Sac!

hopefully. which reminds me, someone in the dining commons complimented me on my Muse bracelet that I made. They went to the Oakland gig, and when I asked them if they were gonna see them in September in Sac they said no :$ I just left, didn't want to continue talking to them :LOL:

u guys can always post on craigslist that you are looking to buy for $110 (~$30 over printed?). state your a fan, tickets sold out way too fast, and thats all you can afford for a show thats in sept.

1% chance, but why not.

While you're handing out probabilities, any idea how likely it is that someone will take me up on my GA swap offer? (see sig)

Not a single person has inquired about it via MuseBay. Things are starting to look hopeless :(

While you're handing out probabilities, any idea how likely it is that someone will take me up on my GA swap offer? (see sig)

Not a single person has inquired about it via MuseBay. Things are starting to look hopeless :(

Chances are people in so cal do not want to have to go to the bay area.

Archived