Awwww Marko is camera shy xD And I would never hope that one of your friends can't make the concert at last minute ): That would majorly suck for everyone. Are you taking requests? :D

One may end up missing the gig. but IDK yet...too early to tell! :eek:

Mmm, sure! Just as long as it's not Hysteria, it tires me quite a bit, I need more gig experience. I haven't gigged in a while and I'm getting lazy on my endurance.

Yuh, I am camera shy :LOL:

One may end up missing the gig. but IDK yet...too early to tell! :eek:

Mmm, sure! Just as long as it's not Hysteria, it tires me quite a bit, I need more gig experience. I haven't gigged in a while and I'm getting lazy on my endurance.

Yuh, I am camera shy :LOL:

Ohnoes D: That would suck...but I would be lying if I said I didn't get a little bit excited on the inside ;)

Hmm...Hyper Music? :D You should gig! Maybe you'll be a super hot shot bassist in a band at UCI (:

Ohnoes D: That would suck...but I would be lying if I said I didn't get a little bit excited on the inside ;)

Hmm...Hyper Music? :D You should gig! Maybe you'll be a super hot shot bassist in a band at UCI (:

That's what I'm trying to do, but UCI has a weird music scene, not really into rock. And the few who are don't get together as they should :rolleyes:. It's kinda hard to find mates to form something.

I know! but um, I'll let you know!

I think I can do hyper music, have to change the tuning on the E down a step to D. I could also do "I belong to you"

That's what I'm trying to do, but UCI has a weird music scene, not really into rock. And the few who are don't get together as they should :rolleyes:. It's kinda hard to find mates to form something.

I know! but um, I'll let you know!

I think I can do hyper music, have to change the tuning on the E down a step to D. I could also do "I belong to you"

Well, at least you aren't going to UCR. They're completely immersed in hip-hop over there. UCLA has...half a rock scene? I can't really tell. We don't get a lot of rockers here at all. Our Music Club isn't very big, and only about 5 bands perform at band night, though there are a lot of people who play instruments. They just don't...band together.

(You should do them all, but that's just me being selfish.) :yesey:

Well, at least you aren't going to UCR. They're completely immersed in hip-hop over there. UCLA has...half a rock scene? I can't really tell. We don't get a lot of rockers here at all. Our Music Club isn't very big, and only about 5 bands perform at band night, though there are a lot of people who play instruments. They just don't...band together.

(You should do them all, but that's just me being selfish.) :yesey:

:eek: I know! I mean, I can accept hip hop as a form of popular style in the mainstream music scene, but it's not something I would listen outside of a club or something.

UCI has a mix as UCLA I suppose, half rock-half hip hop. But even then, most people I meet aren't really into music or a particular band, they seem to like "everything" Although there are exceptions in muse friend and such :D

We have plenty of bands in Irvine, but at UCI everyone is kind on their own thing, it's kinda hard to make friends sometimes :$ and I feel shy and lonesome at times..ya know? like if I'm alone...1st year in college :(

Anyhow! :LOL: I will, but that doesn't make you selfish!

For now though I think I will sleep! Night y'all!

Just read what was said last night, that user who mentioned to keep on topic was right, you were veering off from the original reason for this thread. Its to discuss the gig, maybe travel advice, whos going etc. So please keep on topic in future, cheers.

OKAY someone in my dorm left the burner running on the stove for like 3 or 4 hours and the whole place smells like noxious gas. I'm terrified of going to sleep for fear of not waking up (I mean I know where I'm going if I die, I just feel like I haven't found & completed what God intends for me to do) so I'm sitting here in my pajamas freezing my butt off with the window wide open.

SO COLD.

The end.

Not to get off topic, but did you survive the night? :eek:

can i request first 20-30 seconds of coma? :D

and whenever i got lonely at school i would play hacky sack until someone came along and play or ppl would stop in awe.

Sure, :D

its an internet forum

on topic. how laughable. :LOL:

most travel discussion thus far has been about people going to multiple LA shows and coordinating carpool.

that is true,

Well on topic today I'm working to pay for the GA Staples ticket, and uhh...

Oh yeah. I was wondering if anyone had discussed "After Gig" plans? :cabasa:

hello Musers,

just an update: idk if STAR 98.7 (LA/Orange County based radio station) is still doing their "Muse It or Lose It" promotion but I won tickets for my friend and I for Staples Center in the pit. Basically, any time you hear a Muse song, you have to text "MUSE" to 22987. I tried all week during the day and on wednesday night/thursday morning at 1:30 AM, i heard "SBH" and I texted not expecting to win anyway, but then 10 minutes later, the radio station called me that early in the morning. good luck.

hello Musers,

just an update: idk if STAR 98.7 (LA/Orange County based radio station) is still doing their "Muse It or Lose It" promotion but I won tickets for my friend and I for Staples Center in the pit. Basically, any time you hear a Muse song, you have to text "MUSE" to 22987. I tried all week during the day and on wednesday night/thursday morning at 1:30 AM, i heard "SBH" and I texted not expecting to win anyway, but then 10 minutes later, the radio station called me that early in the morning. good luck.

:eek: That sounds pretty awesome, 98.7 you say? Do they have online stream? *checks*

I just checked, the competition is still on going. I just signed up for their street team too. I know I have tickets, but if I win some I'll be able to sell Jessie one ticket (face value of course)

its an internet forum

on topic. how laughable. :LOL:

most travel discussion thus far has been about people going to multiple LA shows and coordinating carpool.

And this the muse board where a mod is asking you to keep on topic.

:eek: That sounds pretty awesome, 98.7 you say? Do they have online stream? *checks*

I just checked, the competition is still on going. I just signed up for their street team too. I know I have tickets, but if I win some I'll be able to sell Jessie one ticket (face value of course)

Do they have an online stream? D: That would be so awesome..yay for unlimited texting. And YES on the tickets :D Lotsa love to you if you win <33333 Well, lotsa love regardless :LOL:

Do they have an online stream? D: That would be so awesome..yay for unlimited texting. And YES on the tickets :D Lotsa love to you if you win <33333 Well, lotsa love regardless :LOL:

They do :)http://www.987fm.com/pages/museit/

That is their link with the promotion, they have a stream radio with tickets to win. Also, there are STREET TEAM entries, I've put two, but you have to win "points' via answering surveys, etc. I'm doing it though :) Try it, nice competition, better than KROQ's right now.

They do :)http://www.987fm.com/pages/museit/

That is their link with the promotion, they have a stream radio with tickets to win. Also, there are STREET TEAM entries, I've put two, but you have to win "points' via answering surveys, etc. I'm doing it though :) Try it, nice competition, better than KROQ's right now.

Alrighty. Time to earn these points. I'm bitter against KROQ >_< Oh well. Yay for unlimited texting and finally being over 18. :p Good luck to everyone who decides to do this (YOU, MELINA!!)

Alrighty. Time to earn these points. I'm bitter against KROQ >_< Oh well. Yay for unlimited texting and finally being over 18. :p Good luck to everyone who decides to do this (YOU, MELINA!!)

Indeed. I'm gonna join as I said before, If I do score some, I will definitely sell for face value to musers who really want the ticket. So far no muse songs are up yet. But I've put in 7 entrees to the contest.

yes they do have an online stream, however, the online stream is very late from the actual radio stream. I recommend the radio until the day ends. good luck again.

Not to get off topic, but did you survive the night? :eek:

Yes. But I had a ridiculous headache all morning :[

PS: FOUR MONTHS AND 23 DAYS til the show. and four months 19 days til my birthday. It will be a great birthday weekend!

yes they do have an online stream, however, the online stream is very late from the actual radio stream. I recommend the radio until the day ends. good luck again.

Actually, the online stream is about 4 seconds faster than the radio stream...it is for me at least.

Yay Cj, you survived the night =] Now you can go to the Muse concert~

Do you know if its 18+? I've already signed up and everything plus put in 7 entries...:LOL:

edit:// watch me answer my own question! :awesome:

"Eligibility

Unless otherwise specified in connection with particular offerings, participation in the Service is open only to natural persons who are legal residents of Southern California and counties within the radio broadcast signal area (Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, Ventura, and San Bernardino counties) who are 13 years of age or older, that possess a current and valid social security card. Employees of other Southern California radio stations, employees of sponsors featured in the Service, employees or agents of KYSR, Enticent, and each of their respective affiliates, and immediate family members of or persons domiciled with any such persons are not eligible to participate. You must have Internet access and a valid email address to participate. If we are repeatedly unable to deliver email to you, your account may be locked or deleted."

Archived