Acoustics at Staples SUCK!!! I took my sister to a concert there, sound was horrid.

Hollywood Bowl would have been perfect!

having seats at HB is great but if your in the pit you cant do shit

lol that rhymes

i saw modest mouse there and we had a great time in our section dancing and drinking

but then i saw radiohead in the pit its awesome how close you are but you cant touch the stage and security cock blocks you about everything

I've only been to Staples Center for Laker games, but never for a concert. Lousy acoustics, huh? Shame, but I've heard the same about quite a few venues in the area (Honda Center included, though I personally disagree with that), and it's never been a concert-killer for me. My friend just saw Michael Buble at Staples the other day, so I'll get an opinion from her too.

I can't go to both LA area shows, but I'll probably go to this one since it's like an hour closer than Honda Center. And it's on a Saturday, which is a big plus. I just hope that doesn't drastically increase the demand for good tickets.

Either way, I'm stoked. Been wanting to see a FULL Muse show ever since Acoustic Christmas last year. :D

sound quality sucks at the Staples Centre? :(

sound quality in Oakland was substandard... normally I can hear everything just fine using minor earplugs (not the high-decibel reducing ones) but after a few songs I realised I could barely hear Matt or anything in the higher register on his guitar the bass and drums were so distorted :( I took out the earplugs and I could sorta hear Matt and the guitar but oh man was the rest distorted. After the gig another fan was taking out his earplugs after the gig and I asked him about it and he said the only band to have enough $ for good a good enough sound system is essentially U2. I listened to about 5 songs of the whole set without earplugs so I could hear enough.

Crazy thing is... I'm willing to go through that all over again for Muse :p

True, the sound does suck at Staples, but it's not great at the Honda Center either. I was really hoping they'd play at the Bowl. Even though there's no pit, unless you count that pool area, the acoustics alone would have been more than enough to make up for it. I guess beggars can't be choosers.

:D That's great new!! :)

YAAA I'm so excited! I was smart enough to post it on my dad's facebook wall so all his friends would be all "wow you aren't flying your daughter home for her birthday?" and guilt-trip him into it.. heh heh heh.. it worked THIS time. Unfortunately didn't work so well when I offered to pay for the parts on the '64 Mustang that's sitting in the garage so I could keep it when he and I finished working on it :[ Anyways. super excited to see Muse again! YAY! And it'll be my boyfriend's first time seeing them :]

I am totally going! I don't have any money right now so I am fucked if there is a presale tomorrow or something, but I will be buying the tickets somehow! Ebay, Craigslist, Musebay!!!! I will be going to this show plus 2 others no matter what!

:D

I am totally going! I don't have any money right now so I am fucked if there is a presale tomorrow or something, but I will be buying the tickets somehow! Ebay, Craigslist, Musebay!!!! I will be going to this show plus 2 others no matter what!

i love that spirit:musesign::dance:

:D:happy:

I'm so proud of you. :yesey:

Archived