Oh that's right I saw COldplay too!! The acoustics weren't bad but then again they don't have the same sound as Muse. Only been to Staples once for a pop concert with ym cousin and the echo was horrible but then maybe that'll make the guitair wailing the more astounnding.. ? such little time to decide!

I agree with the acoustics thing. I was hoping they would choose The Home Depot Center as the venue for one of the gigs. I know it's in the middle of nowhere and next to the ghetto, but I went to the Coldplay concert there last year and the acoustics were amazing. Probably the best I've heard at a live show.

Also glad to see they made it up to those of us who couldn't afford the $300 to see them at Coachella by scheduling two shows in the LA/OC area. Can't wait to go to both!

I agree with the acoustics thing. I was hoping they would choose The Home Depot Center as the venue for one of the gigs. I know it's in the middle of nowhere and next to the ghetto, but I went to the Coldplay concert there last year and the acoustics were amazing. Probably the best I've heard at a live show.

Also glad to see they made it up to those of us who couldn't afford the $300 to see them at Coachella by scheduling two shows in the LA/OC area. Can't wait to go to both!

Home Depot Center is good too.. that's where they usualy have Inland Invasion. Hmm.. Hollywood Bowl and Irvine Meadows would have also been good locations... acoustings are amazing there

I've seen both Aerosmith (back when it was the Pond) and Coldplay at Honda Center. Aerosmith's acoustics were really crappy, while Coldplay's were decent but not stellar. So yeah, between this and Staples Center, pick your poison. :p

Staples Center hosts more concerts than the Honda Center, so I would expect the sound to be better. And generally speaking, the acoustics definitely aren't that great at the Honda Center. What I can remember from sitting in the back during the last Coldplay concert, the good sounds coming from the big speakers at the stage were mixed with this uber-fuzzy sound from the ceiling speakers. Still tolerable, but that could have been easily fixed.

Soundcheck at this venue should be done a little more thoroughly.

Depends on how good/bad traffic is, but usually takes an hour or so.
if i knew a few more weeks, i could get the presale tickets to both...darn it, i can start saving now and maybe hope i can get tickets through ebay, stubhub but i hate doing that buy tickets now for the regular price

melon, I can totally relate bc I'm in the same situation; don't have any real life Musers and gotta find somebody as a concert buddy. ideally I would go to all 3 CA gigs but it would be hard to find somebody who would do that with me. How am I going to manage 3 presales when tickets sell out in 1 minute?? need to find somebody to help me buy...

Yeah, there are usually a few presales. .MU will be first on 9/21 followed by others... probably one each day until Saturday.

Awesome!! Sorry for the q's.. so how do we get the MU presale code??

Ohh and looks like KROQ is doing a presale on the 22nd

Archived