Bliss Backing Track

Zuka

that's probably stupid, but...

how do you do it with cubase?:$

i'm assuming that 'it' is make a bliss backing track?

you need some VST instruments (VSTi's). You can get these for free by searching google for 'free vst download synth' i should imagine.

when youve got the zip of your software synth downloaded from the website, extract the contents of the zip file into your cubase**/VSTPlugins folder. if you wish, you can put them into a new folder inside that one, itll just come under a new submenu in your VST instruments in cubase if you do.

next stage! fire up cubase. create a new project with nothing in it, make a midi track.. click Devices > VST instruments.

a window should open. click one of the black boxes in it, and select what you installed! it should be there if you put it in the right place (the vst instruments folder).

then.. (yawn) go back and click on your midi track, and make sure the track inspector is on (the little eye icon near the top of the window). click the black box next to output which probably says MPU-401 or something like that. change it to the name of the VST instument that you got.

then have fun and play, using a midi controller.. maybe a keyboard, whatever. if you dont have a controller you are gonna have to make it using cubase's key editor and draw in the notes individually. i'd advise you (with bliss) to use the midi plugin Arpache, its an arpeggiator plugin, so you can hold down one note and itll make it arpeggiated, you can change stuff too.

the arp for bliss is set to up and down at 3 octaves. the arpache plugin is set up the same way that any normal channel insert would be put on an audio track

hope that helps and i didnt just waste ages! :)

that's probably stupid, but...

how do you do it with cubase?:$

oh and by the way, if you want a cheap and nasty (but interesting) backing track for pretty much ANY song using cubase... just import the song into an audio track... select the song.. click Audio > process > stereo flip > subtract.

this cancells out anything that is in the center of the stereo field... e.g. vocals.

it also has a habit of getting rid of the kick drum and snare. but oh well. it can be pretty interesting with some songs, you hear stuff youve not heard before.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived