Leonard Cohen first place.. i think thats a really deserved spot... although i also think Thom Yorke should be in the top 20 at least... He does write some nonsense sometimes (perhaps not nonsense, but stuff that either only he can understand, or have to be hinted first) but there are some others like the lovely Fake Plastic Trees :D or Let Down!!! ahhhh...

Yup Matt has had his moments... I personally believe Plug in Baby is one fresh breath of air set of lyrics for anyone that hears it for the first time.. but muse fans hear its lyrics so often that they dont really seem to appreciate it... Stockholm Syndrome's "This is the last time i forget you" although a simple sentence, It describes a VERY complex feeling effectively... Hoodoo and CE ought to be mentioned.. and lastly. Butterflies and Hurricanes has the worst read lyrics a Muse song has.. But combined with the music it delivers the most positive and overwhelming feeling of confidence in yourself and your capacities.. its such a masterpiece

• 2 weeks later...

Matt is in NME again today. I didn't think it was worth a thread as it's just a poster and they're starting (yet another) poll. This time it's Guitar Gods. It'll be online from 23 July apparently. A ploy by NME to get loads of hits on their website?

4815909506_2462ba89cc_b.jpg

Matt might be chuffed to see he's been featured alongside Jimi Hendrix though :D

I tried to vote yesterday and now I'm trying again but I always get this message:

'The NME.COM Voting system is currently unavailable as it was so popular that it was hammering our servers! It'll be back soon!'

Or maybe I just always go on the site on the moment it is unavailable :unsure:

Anyone else got that problem?

I tried to vote yesterday and now I'm trying again but I always get this message:

'The NME.COM Voting system is currently unavailable as it was so popular that it was hammering our servers! It'll be back soon!'

Or maybe I just always go on the site on the moment it is unavailable :unsure:

Anyone else got that problem?

I don't understand the question, it says exactly what the problem is, you just have to wait until the servers are up again.

I don't understand the question, it says exactly what the problem is, you just have to wait until the servers are up again.

Yes I know but it seems like no one else has that problem and there were people who also voted around the same time as me :erm:

Archived