I absolutely love Muse and everything they write, and everything they perform....but Guy Garvey of Elbow is one of the most brilliant lyricists going out there today. Just read "bones of you"...or ANYTHING they write. They don't deserve to be so low on that poll. JMHO.

Matt's lyrics used to be much better. OoS and Abso had some great moments. But BhaR was nothing great and TR lyrics are just awful. Anyone who wrote "and they wars, they can't be won...... and they just promise to go on and on" doesn't deserve to win.

I'm not surprised. It's just a popularity contest. The Killer's will be in the top 5 within days, and Green Day will show up soon, I'm guessing.

i agree.

no way a deserving writer will win either way.....:stunned:

but, a good writer is not always someone who is the absolute best or eloquent with his/her words; a lot of the time its about what actually move the listener.

:stunned:

thats it.... i might not have been one of those that voted like crazy in the 'sexiest' poll for nme awards, but damn, im not going to just sit here, watching gerard way kick bellamy-ass in songwriting! :fear:

disclaimer:

i used to listen to mcr and green day, and i adore the killers -so theres no real hate or hard feelings here towards anyone (no need for fanbases going crazy on me, thanx:happy: )but YES you are damn right i am taking sides here!! :p

*starts a lonely uprising*:matt:

edit: i wish we could all agree on one writer that would be deserving to win something like this, though. and actally vote for that person :) but, seeing as how we are so diverse ourselves, i am pretty sure we could never agree on one :)

still: its just nme. its not like its the freakin' peace price! ;)

Hmm, I think Matt has his moments but #1 Greatest Lyricist? That's not right. They could have at least used a better sample lyric to represent Matt's writing.

Nothing against My Chemical Romance fans but do they rig every single NME poll?! :LOL:

I've noticed a few people have mentioned that Green Day will be somewhere in the Top 20 but I went through 120+ pages and didn't even find Billie Joe Armstrong. I don't even have to be bias when I say some of the stuff he wrote when he was 17 is better than what some of the people currently in the Top 20 will ever write.

Some artists on that list really shouldn't be on there and others which should be there aren't... I'm not even gonna bother voting 'cause this poll is just ridiculous.

I absolutely love Muse and everything they write, and everything they perform....but Guy Garvey of Elbow is one of the most brilliant lyricists going out there today. Just read "bones of you"...or ANYTHING they write. They don't deserve to be so low on that poll. JMHO.

I was thinking of writing the exact same words! Well not exactly the same, but you get my point :)

Go Garvey!!!

Nothing against My Chemical Romance fans but do they rig every single NME poll?! :LOL:

i agree.

no way a deserving writer will win either way.....:stunned:

but, a good writer is not always someone who is the absolute best or eloquent with his/her words; a lot of the time its about what actually move the listener.

:stunned:

thats it.... i might not have been one of those that voted like crazy in the 'sexiest' poll for nme awards, but damn, im not going to just sit here, watching gerard way kick bellamy-ass in songwriting! :fear:

disclaimer:

i used to listen to mcr and green day, and i adore the killers -so theres no real hate or hard feelings here towards anyone (no need for fanbases going crazy on me, thanx:happy: )but YES you are damn right i am taking sides here!! :p

*starts a lonely uprising*:matt:

edit: i wish we could all agree on one writer that would be deserving to win something like this, though. and actally vote for that person :) but, seeing as how we are so diverse ourselves, i am pretty sure we could never agree on one :)

still: its just nme. its not like its the freakin' peace price! ;)

Awwwww...you're not alone...*joins iin uprising with frozenpoetry :matt:*...I :facepalm: at the My Chemical Romance fanbase (although I'm one of them) for voting like crazy making it look like they're supposedly rigging the contest. Maybe NME should stop putting Gerard Way in these competitions and put someone else who really deserves to be put in this competition in this competition!

I also agree with you and watsername!:happy:

I agree. I love The Bones of You more for the lyrics than the song itself.

Matt is a good lyricist but not the best. Sadly. He's the best everything else :p

Showbiz was alright

Origin of Symmetry was split between nonsense that sounded cool and less-nonsensical stuff that sounded cool and might have meant something

Absolution tried to mean things more often and sounded less cool

BH&R and The Resistance just tried to sound cool but ended up ridiculous for the most part except for Hoodoo

Matt's lyrics used to be much better. OoS and Abso had some great moments. But BhaR was nothing great and TR lyrics are just awful. Anyone who wrote "and they wars, they can't be won...... and they just promise to go on and on" doesn't deserve to win.

BhaR has one and that's Hoodoo :)

I think some muse songs have great lyrics, like hoodoo, MATP, KofC, darkshines, undisclosed desires, new born...although I'll admit some are very very opaque (con-science) and some are very very cheesy, which mostly applies to newer stuff

and yes, nme are ALWAYS ridiculously biased against muse. Can't say I rate their taste. Q magazine all the way!

I think some muse songs have great lyrics, like hoodoo, MATP, KofC, darkshines, undisclosed desires, new born...although I'll admit some are very very opaque (con-science) and some are very very cheesy, which mostly applies to newer stuff

and yes, nme are ALWAYS ridiculously biased against muse. Can't say I rate their taste. Q magazine all the way!

New Born? really? :LOL:

Archived