The NME magazine has an article this week listing 'the 23 scribes/lyricists who define 2010' and Matt's not listed. A few who are included are Thom Yorke, Alex Turner, Bruce Springsteen and Morrissey. So I'm not sure this online vote will lead to anything much.

NME don't seem to keen on Muse. Last week they had 10 different covers and one was Kasabian. They referred to Kasabian's 'Biggest Band in Britain' tag in the headline to an article on them. They soon forgot that Muse got the Best Band award at their own award show!

The NME magazine has an article this week listing 'the 23 scribes/lyricists who define 2010' and Matt's not listed. A few who are included are Thom Yorke, Alex Turner, Bruce Springsteen and Morrissey. So I'm not sure this online vote will lead to anything much.

NME don't seem to keen on Muse. Last week they had 10 different covers and one was Kasabian. They referred to Kasabian's 'Biggest Band in Britain' tag in the headline to an article on them. They soon forgot that Muse got the Best Band award at their own award show!

NME awards are fan voted though aren't they?

NME didn't like The Resistance, and to be honest Matt isn't a good lyricist. The boy can sing, but not write :LOL:

NME awards are fan voted though aren't they?

NME didn't like The Resistance, and to be honest Matt isn't a good lyricist. The boy can sing, but not write :LOL:

Yep, they are fan voted, so it seems like the NME don't have much interest in the views of the fans (otherwise Muse might have been worthy of one of the 10 special covers). Actually, I just read the article again and it says the 'Biggest Band in Britain' tag for Kasabian came from Kasabian themselves!:D

I can't argue with you about whether Matt's a good lyricist or not as I pay more attention to the overall sound of the songs rather than the words tbh.

Matt is better than many lyricists out there..seeing as many songs now consist of 'baby' and any word that rhymes with that..

But I don't think he deserves to be titled the 'greatest lyricists', so sorry Matt, don't think you deserve this one ;)

Matt is better than many lyricists out there..seeing as many songs now consist of 'baby' and any word that rhymes with that..

But I don't think he deserves to be titled the 'greatest lyricists', so sorry Matt, don't think you deserve this one ;)

I agree! He's not a terrible songwriter, but there's a lot of better ones out there. I don't think Matt would care about winning this, unless it was "Sexiest Lyricist." :p

Well, now it seems the My Chem fans are attacking in full force now...Gerard Way (My Chemical Romance) is at number 1 :facepalm:...I honestly don't think Gerard is the BEST lyricist...he's also a good, but not a best! My vote went to Matt.

Edit: I wish they would make the chart below the voting form a flash thing that updates in real time, constantly, consistently, and accurately.:facepalm:

I haven't looked at the list yet, but I'm guessing My Chemical Romance, Green Day, Muse, the Killers all in the top 10. And Radiohead somewhere in the top 20. Let's see...

Edit: Ok, MCR at #1, Muse at number 4, Radiohead at number 12, and the Killers at 19. I was close-ish.

Archived