Gillette Commerical

spiiikes

No, contrary to popular belief, Muse have not copyrighted the arpeggio. And that ad was a particularly uninspiring progression of arpeggios anyway.

Although....if we're on this topic, then it's worth remembering that Muse nicked Bliss from a far cooler source in the first place :LOL:

[YT]

[/YT]

No, contrary to popular belief, Muse have not copyrighted the arpeggio. And that ad was a particularly uninspiring progression of arpeggios anyway.

Although....if we're on this topic, then it's worth remembering that Muse nicked Bliss from a far cooler source in the first place :LOL:

[YT]

[/YT]

When is it supposed to start sounding like Bliss? Doesn't to me at all.

[YT]

[/YT]

Or maybe here:

copy caters :eek:

Re. the videogame theme song's similarity to "Bliss": I can hear a certain degree of that in the synth arpeggios, esp. in how they rise and fall in the mix, but other than that I don't think the two pieces are particularly similar. Very different in the melodies and, critically, in the rhythm patterns. "Bliss" has that great alternating drum pattern of a bar of 4/4 followed by one with a stuttering "da-dum, DUM, da-dum, DUM" rhythm, which gives the song an interesting twist and driving rhythm all its own. The videogame theme is just a flat-out 4/4.

Ok, quick question...did Matt really say that (the quote in your signature)? b/c if so, that's hilarious!

Nope. I think people who quote from that app should at the least put quote marks around his name, to hint that it's not a real quote.

nah i think its from that facebook app thing 'advice from matt bellamy' or something. correct me if im wrong.

Yeppers. Cute idea; I just wish it didn't sow confusion about whether certain ridiculous quotes are real or invented. It's not like Matt hasn't said a bunch of eyebrow-raising things over the years anyway, ha-ha!

Re. the videogame theme song's similarity to "Bliss": I can hear a certain degree of that in the synth arpeggios, esp. in how they rise and fall in the mix, but other than that I don't think the two pieces are particularly similar. Very different in the melodies and, critically, in the rhythm patterns. "Bliss" has that great alternating drum pattern of a bar of 4/4 followed by one with a stuttering "da-dum, DUM, da-dum, DUM" rhythm, which gives the song an interesting twist and driving rhythm all its own. The videogame theme is just a flat-out 4/4.

I put the video only for joke :LOL: . It's evident that bliss bizzarre version is totally different by the videogame although the videogame recall ( for only muse fun ) the song bliss

• 2 years later...

Archived