Hey, thought that as there are so many different effects and stuff on here, that people could post some recommendations of their gear that they really love...I've been looking out for some new FX recently but I really can't decide what I want, and I'm sorted for the "core" stuff like distortion, so I'd rather buy a specific pedal which people say they couldn't play without.

I'd recommend the EHX Deluxe Memory Man (1.5 year anniversary present from my wonderful gf! :eek: ) because it is teh god of analog delays...it realy does do everything you could want! This just inspires me to play and I can't write music fast enough for it...only ONE problem with it is that it's hard to try and not use it for every song we have :LOL:

My Peavey Classic 30 is a really solid workhorse amp and anyone looking for a valve combo in the £300-£400 range should definately play one of these...plus it matches my guitar colour ;)

So...like 2 or 3 bits of gear that you think EVERYONE should own! (although then people would loose their individual sound so whatever...)

mans0n wiv billt in fuz faktory lolz

on a more serious note, i'd agree with the memory man recommendation, i love mine to bits and it is useful in any situation on any instrument.

don't know what other gear i'd recommend though, fender bassman for clean, mesa solo 50 for distortion, can't go wrong with a big muff to be honest.

couldn't live without my marshall though, i love that a little too much :happy:

on a more serious note, i'd agree with the memory man recommendation, i love mine to bits and it is useful in any situation on any instrument.

don't know what other gear i'd recommend though, fender bassman for clean, mesa solo 50 for distortion, can't go wrong with a big muff to be honest.

agreed. its starting to get a little creepy... :p

I have to disagree with that, I can't turn my bassmans up past 4 without them breaking up a fair amount...and I don't mean slight overdrive, it's not clean at all. this is going through a 300W 2x12 with a strat. No way would I gig this amp unless I'm using it for lead.

I've been thinking of selling them and getting either a 70's non-MV super lead or a 1959SLP re-issue..obviously I would go for the 70's super lead first, but what would you recommend?

I know I could get away playing clean with a super lead at a medium sized gig (with the channels un-bridged anyway)...but I plan to have an A/B setup with this and the Mesa.

I would recommend absolutely everyone to get a behringer limiter/enhancer. The copy of the boss lmb-2 or whatever it's called. Everyone could do with an easy to control compressor like this at the end of their chain, and the enhance circuit adds a sort of beautiful shimmer, especially to clean guitars.

And it's too cheap.

I've been thinking of selling them and getting either a 70's non-MV super lead or a 1959SLP re-issue..obviously I would go for the 70's super lead first, but what would you recommend?

I know I could get away playing clean with a super lead at a medium sized gig (with the channels un-bridged anyway)...but I plan to have an A/B setup with this and the Mesa.

oooh really?! would you perhaps consider shipping across the pond?! What rough price would you want?

I love bassmans :D although I got "banned" from using the one I have acces to cos i "broke" it apparently says the drummer with no idea what he's on about..."you can't plug a GUITAR into a BASS AMP DUH!" the eq was messed and the volume cranked on the bass channel ftw! I didn't even touch it :mad: so now I can't play it cos the bassist that owns it said I can't....GRRR

I have to disagree with that, I can't turn my bassmans up past 4 without them breaking up a fair amount...and I don't mean slight overdrive, it's not clean at all. this is going through a 300W 2x12 with a strat. No way would I gig this amp unless I'm using it for lead.

The Bassman reissue has by far the beautiful clean tone I've ever heard. Never had the oppurtunity to really crank one though :(

Anyway, I didn't think they were clean when cranked, old marshalls ripped off the design for a start :LOL:

oooh really?! would you perhaps consider shipping across the pond?! What rough price would you want?

I love bassmans :D although I got "banned" from using the one I have acces to cos i "broke" it apparently says the drummer with no idea what he's on about..."you can't plug a GUITAR into a BASS AMP DUH!" the eq was messed and the volume cranked on the bass channel ftw! I didn't even touch it :mad: so now I can't play it cos the bassist that owns it said I

can't....GRRR

that's crazy :stunned: I think he's got it backwards, you can use a guitar with a bass amp, but not a bass with a guitar amp.

Oh, and I thought you would need one of those transformers if you're going to use a 120V amp with a 240V power supply...hmm.

The Bassman reissue has by far the beautiful clean tone I've ever heard. Never had the oppurtunity to really crank one though :(

Anyway, I didn't think they were clean when cranked, old marshalls ripped off the design for a start :LOL:

I don't recall using a tweed 4x10 re-issue before, so I don't know what that's like...I hear the late 60's AB 165 Fender bassmans break up later, as they were supposed to be 'improved' for basses...they still didn't do a great job improving it! However, they are absolutely amazing with guitars (if you're into playing classic rock)

Anyway. As you know, I have an Orange rocker 30 head, which I still don't have a 'proper' cabinet for. (I end up disconnecting a speaker in my 8 ohm 2x12 for a 16 ohm load whenever I want to use my Orange :$ )

So, what kind of cab would you recommend for this amp? I would get an Orange 2x12 because of the build quality and great tone, but I'd rather have different speakers...or at least one vintage 30 and one other speaker (G12H maybe).

that's crazy :stunned: I think he's got it backwards, you can use a guitar with a bass amp, but not a bass with a guitar amp.

Oh, and I thought you would need one of those transformers if you're going to use a 120V amp with a 240V power supply...hmm.

oh yeah! I forgot the power thing...you wouldn't happen to have one of the Export ones with the power selector then? :stunned:

everyone should either own 1 bogner amp, 1 custom class hughes and kettner amp, or 1 soldano amp.

everyone should own at least one gibson les paul standard or sg standard.

(realisticly) everyone should own a boss TU-2 chromatic tuner pedal.

hurrah for the boss tuner pedal malarky.

and yes please/if only for the rest :)

everyone should either own 1 bogner amp, 1 custom class hughes and kettner amp, or 1 soldano amp.

everyone should own at least one gibson les paul standard or sg standard.

(realisticly) everyone should own a boss TU-2 chromatic tuner pedal.

but not everyone can afford those :(

yeah but i'd expect what with shipping & packaging, plus the £50 transformer I'd probably spend as much on one off ebay with lots of bids anyway :D guess I'd better start saving then :p what switching options are there for stereo cabs etc. on the bassman btw? the one I played is always hooked to a 4x12 and thats by far enough

What is the Big Muff like in general? Does it cater for decent distortion? I don't want it for fuzz, or maybe fuzz is better. I wana shift my compression sustainer and mega distortion for one. Worth it? Like people have said beofre... "why all the boss shit?"

Archived