YKYATMW you're in the car on the way to the groseryshop with two really loud children in the back, when the dj on the radio says 'after this song : 'muse'. So you decide to drive another block just to hear a song on the radio (like i've never heard them before.....)

Big mistake, my kids aren't that pleasant in the car :D

After the song (which i really disliked) up came commercials followed by the news. Next came another stupid song.

At that moment i realised, the radio dj didn't say 'after this song MUSE', but: 'after this song NEWS'

I felt kinda stupid :$

Oh no!!!!!!! LOL!!

• 1 month later...

YKYATMW your students and colleagues all know about your obsession, and on your birthday, one of your classes ask what your favorite Muse song is, then find it on YouTube and headbang along :LOL:

YKYATMW you wear your pick necklace every day for two months, and never plan to take it off (aside from showering, sleep, and special occasions where you need to dress up :chuckle: )

YKYATMW your students and colleagues all know about your obsession, and on your birthday, one of your classes ask what your favorite Muse song is, then find it on YouTube and headbang along :LOL:

YKYATMW you wear your pick necklace every day for two months, and never plan to take it off (aside from showering, sleep, and special occasions where you need to dress up :chuckle: )

Lol, how old are your students :LOL:? Sounds nice of them!

Not a bad way to spend a birthday.

That's pretty much me with my Triad necklace. :LOL:

• 2 weeks later...

You know you're addicted to Muse when every night you tell yourself you're going to go to bed at a decent hour, then you end up watching live Muse performances on YouTube until midnight and the resulting adrenaline rush keeps you up till 2am.

..and another: YKYATMW... you decide to take up piano and violin for the first time in 25 years, and the first thing you learn on piano is Sunburn and the first thing you learn on violin is the riff at the end of Knights of Cydonia.

You know you're addicted to Muse when every night you tell yourself you're going to go to bed at a decent hour, then you end up watching live Muse performances on YouTube until midnight and the resulting adrenaline rush keeps you up till 2am.

That's too familiar :LOL: When I watched the War Child gig livestream I couldn't sleep all night, because it was almost like being at the gig... That totally wasn't the only time.

YKYATMW you are going to have a Matt Bellamy haircut. Yeah I'm a girl but I like having short hair :p

also YKYATMW you can't wait anymore for World War Z premiere and it's just because of Muse. In Finland the premiere is not until 19th July and it sucks. Hopefully it will be worth the waiting.

That's too familiar :LOL: When I watched the War Child gig livestream I couldn't sleep all night, because it was almost like being at the gig... That totally wasn't the only time.

YKYATMW you are going to have a Matt Bellamy haircut. Yeah I'm a girl but I like having short hair :p

also YKYATMW you can't wait anymore for World War Z premiere and it's just because of Muse. In Finland the premiere is not until 19th July and it sucks. Hopefully it will be worth the waiting.

If I ever cut my hair short again, I'd style it like him too, LOL... I like Matt's hair so much that I tell my husband to fix his hair like Matt's. He seems to not appreciate it but he gets compliments, so it's all good. ;)

If I ever cut my hair short again, I'd style it like him too, LOL... I like Matt's hair so much that I tell my husband to fix his hair like Matt's. He seems to not appreciate it but he gets compliments, so it's all good. ;)

Haha cool! I love my hair right now, maybe I should have dyed it blue but did it orange instead :D

I'm feeling so excited, I'm gonna see Muse again in less than two weeks!

... YKYATMW you can't think about anything else than the gig, if we get any special songs because it's the last stadium gig and stuff like that.

Haha cool! I love my hair right now, maybe I should have dyed it blue but did it orange instead :D

I'm feeling so excited, I'm gonna see Muse again in less than two weeks!

... YKYATMW you can't think about anything else than the gig, if we get any special songs because it's the last stadium gig and stuff like that.

Yay! That's so exciting! Have a GREAT time! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

10:30 pm

I'm in my room.

I hear my mom playing piano downstairs.

The chords sound really familiar, and I remember that I left my BH&R songbook on the piano.

I stand bolt upright and run down the stairs.

Arms outstretched and horribly off key, I wail "AND TOOONIIIIIGHT, WE CAN TRUUULY SAY, TOGETHER WE'RE INVIIINCIBLE!"

Mom looks confused and alarmed.

I see the sheet music she's playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuXB1a3NBCw

I've been laughing for a hundred years and I'm not even sure why.

It may be the photoshopped lions.

• 1 month later...

You know you're addicted to Muse when

1. you show your mother all time Muse's interviews from YouTube and she always says "Not anymore those guys, I've seen these interviews like a million times!" And then my face :stunned: I mean, who can't watch those interviews all the time?

2. you order a swearshirt and a pianobook from Muse's shop and every 5 minutes you're checking your order status to check if they've sent the order

3. you can't listen to any other music than Muse anymore

4. your friends are tired of hearing from Muse, and when it comes to crushes, they insist that I have a crush on Matt. Well, I can't argue... :matt:

You know you're addicted to Muse when

1. you show your mother all time Muse's interviews from YouTube and she always says "Not anymore those guys, I've seen these interviews like a million times!" And then my face :stunned: I mean, who can't watch those interviews all the time?

4. your friends are tired of hearing from Muse, and when it comes to crushes, they insist that I have a crush on Matt. Well, I can't argue... :matt:

oh yes :LOL: my friends are irritated all the time

You know you're addicted to Muse when...

-you read Nineteen Eighty-Four because of the references in Muse songs

-you've just rediscovered this forum after... 3 years, I think, and begin to remember lots of stuff about this

-you're upset because the band hasn't come to your country in 2 years...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived