Absolute favorite live track. Should be a regular in the set like PiB and KoC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdXpw0VQtRc

3:14 is the quintessential Muse live moment. Fucking inhuman. What I would have given to have been at Earls Court.

That being said, anyone else think the falsetto's sounded a bit...funny lately? I don't know if strained is the right word, but it's not sounding as shrill as in the past.

Don't know how I've missed this thread. Just what I want: the best Bliss performances you can weep to for the missed opportunities. Thank you Bliss conoisseurs for linking the best. Like this one above. And the RAH one. 2008 is not so long ago. But what a difference!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry to bump a very old thread, but I just stumbled upon something which has been bothering me.

I was listening to

of Live 8's performance, and I noticed that someone in the comments pointed out that the audio was actually not the one from that gig, and that it was especially noticeable during the falsetto bit, which he linked to.

... :stunned:

Now I'm confused -- the first link has always been my favourite performance of Bliss ever, and I'm now almost believing that the audio comes from a different gig.

Has this been discussed before? And which version is the 'real' Live 8, then?

Its the same performance, just a different mix.

To my knowledge, all Muse live gigs released on DVD are mixed after the event. What works for FOH in a live venue is not necessarily going to be appropriate for commercial releases.

Its the same performance, just a different mix.

To my knowledge, all Muse live gigs released on DVD are mixed after the event. What works for FOH in a live venue is not necessarily going to be appropriate for commercial releases.

How exactly does a different mix change the actual notes that Matt is singing by an entire octave?

How exactly does a different mix change the actual notes that Matt is singing by an entire octave?

The notes are not an octave apart, you may be being fooled by the strength of the second harmonic from the distortion on the vocal in the second video.

Also, Melodyne is seriously powerful.

No way it's the same performance. Why would there be a different mix at all?

Well there'd be three different monitor mixes for the band members, then there is a FOH mix for the audience, for a televised performance, would probably want a separate mix tailored to TV audiences. And probably record everything raw if there any necessity for a different mix later, for example a DVD release.

Live mixes aren't usually the best.

Well there'd be three different monitor mixes for the band members, then there is a FOH mix for the audience, for a televised performance, would probably want a separate mix tailored to TV audiences. And probably record everything raw if there any necessity for a different mix later, for example a DVD release.

Yeah but I'm talking in this specific case. Since it was never released anywhere apart from the live stream, where did the YT guy find the "different" mix?

edit: oh I didn't even know the songs got released on DVD, my bad.

But still: what I hear is not something that I'd link with post-editing. One of the vids having the wrong audio seems the most likely option to me.

Archived