Absolute favorite live track. Should be a regular in the set like PiB and KoC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdXpw0VQtRc

3:14 is the quintessential Muse live moment. Fucking inhuman. What I would have given to have been at Earls Court.

That being said, anyone else think the falsetto's sounded a bit...funny lately? I don't know if strained is the right word, but it's not sounding as shrill as in the past.

The falsetto in Bliss particularly or in general??

My favourite is the LIVE8 one in 2005. Pure brilliance

Absolute favorite live track. Should be a regular in the set like PiB and KoC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdXpw0VQtRc

3:14 is the quintessential Muse live moment. Fucking inhuman. What I would have given to have been at Earls Court.

That being said, anyone else think the falsetto's sounded a bit...funny lately? I don't know if strained is the right word, but it's not sounding as shrill as in the past.

:stunned::stunned::stunned::stunned:

That's not right. I'm floored.

:yesey: The bridge of Bliss going into the final chorus is always my favorite part whenever I hear it live. I practically hold my breath waiting for that moment :LOL: And yes, the Earls Court performance was incredible! He makes it sound so darn easy to sing like that *sigh*

Not sure if "funny" is what I'd use to describe it, but I think I know what you mean. It doesn't have quite the same "wow" factor as it used to and, like you said, it doesn't have that same shrillness that I love (which my mom hates :LOL:). Could it be that Matt's just getting out of practice? :p They really hadn't been playing it all that often until recently, after all.

But I still think that, over-all, the song still sounds amazing live. The Rock am Ring performance was epic :awesome:

The falsetto in Bliss particularly or in general??

My favourite is the LIVE8 one in 2005. Pure brilliance

I mean the falsetto in Bliss specifically.

This is from Rock Am Ring this year, listen at 3:18. It just doesn't sound the same as the Earls Court one I posted earlier. Strained is the only word I can think of for it. Or maybe the Earls Court one was just that damn good, I don't know. Or maybe I'm hearing things. Still think the song in general is amazing and I would commit treason to hear it live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWZe6WL2jbw

I mean the falsetto in Bliss specifically.

This is from Rock Am Ring this year, listen at 3:18. It just doesn't sound the same as the Earls Court one I posted earlier. Strained is the only word I can think of for it. Or maybe the Earls Court one was just that damn good, I don't know. Or maybe I'm hearing things. Still think the song in general is amazing and I would commit treason to hear it live.

Ohhh I see what you mean. It does sound a bit strained. Maybe after a few more plays it'll get "looser"?

It's :awesome: that they played it though!! This is probably my top song I'd want to hear live

Has anyone noticed that in the live version, it kind of sounds like he's putting a "t" at the end of joy? As in "give me the peace and joy-t in your mind"

I always found it odd

I totally hear that too... Almost like he's trying to say "joy that's" but cut it down to "jot-t"

That's my theory anyway. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
In NME, Matt said that the Bliss arpeggio part was inspired by a Top Gear Nintendo game soundtrack from his childhood. So I did a little research. Here is the original..

It's funny what's behind such an epic song..:)

Pretty old info, but yeah, it gives a whole new perspective when you listen to Bliss and think about that game :p

• 1 month later...

Archived