I never said it wasn't. It's just most people equate "pop music" (as in a genre, not in the popular context) with sounding like Boyzone, The Feeling etc. and I don't think they sound like that for the most part. It's just an opinion, I'm not against them getting popular, in fact I spread the word.

Muse don't sound far off

Muse don't sound far off

to Boyzone? :LOL: No. Well, maybe SP is creeping up close ;)

Muse are a mainstream pop band (as in, popular); they make rock music. It can also be classed as 'pop' cos a whoooole lotta people like it, hence 'pop'! As long as they don't start making Boyzone-esque pop music (aka cheeze), tis all good with me!

And how did the Bliss rip-off thread become a mainstream Muse thread... again! lolz

I never said it wasn't. It's just most people equate "pop music" (as in a genre, not in the popular context) with sounding like Boyzone, The Feeling etc. and I don't think they sound like that for the most part. It's just an opinion, I'm not against them getting popular, in fact I spread the word.

At the moment at least, 'pop' changes all the time, 60's and 70's, Rock was Pop.

to Boyzone? :LOL: No. Well, maybe SP is creeping up close ;)

Muse are a mainstream pop band (as in, popular); they make rock music. It can also be classed as 'pop' cos a whoooole lotta people like it, hence 'pop'! As long as they don't start making Boyzone-esque pop music (aka cheeze), tis all good with me!

And how did the Bliss rip-off thread become a mainstream Muse thread... again! lolz

Exactly. That's what I've trying (and evidently failing) to convey all along.

Bliss is Muse's own work. It's annoying to hear someone say they ripped a song because the first 20 seconds of track sounded simular to a theme song from a video-game, particularly one like this where the theme is just a repeating sound.

I also clicked on the link in the first post, in this case, the two tracks aren't even simular enough to be considered "ripped off" of each other, not even close.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived