Exogenesis Release for Record Store Day 2010 (Pre-orders now sold out)

KirkBot

Another Kingstonian :D

I won't be there on the day, I pre-ordered on here. I was in the Bentall Centre and just happened to check the forum on my iPhone when the pre-order was announced.

I was in Bentalls today :LOL:. I've been to Banquet before (the record shop near Primark, right?), but it was ages ago and as it's quite small, so I honestly didn't expect them to have any. But I'm hoping there won't be many people there on the day waiting for a Muse vinyl, lol. Otherwise I might have to tour a bunch of record shops around London!

I'm now confused about this 12" / 7" debate. As Niall has pointed out, I doubt management would make the same mistake 3 times or more, so it's most likely a 12", but I'm worried there'll also be a 7" (which wouldn't make sense, I know) ... and I don't wanna run around buying/looking for the various versions of it.

I took some fliers from my local record store participating in Record Store Day and it lists all the limited releases for the day. It says MUSE ------------------ 7” Vinyl. I even talked to the guy there.He said 7” is right.:)

Thanks very much for that. I've also emailed Record Store Day and asked them if they could clear up the confusion and hopefully we will get an answer from people who should know what's going on, since they are the ones organizing it all.

I was in Bentalls today :LOL:. I've been to Banquet before (the record shop near Primark, right?), but it was ages ago and as it's quite small, so I honestly didn't expect them to have any. But I'm hoping there won't be many people there on the day waiting for a Muse vinyl, lol. Otherwise I might have to tour a bunch of record shops around London!

I'm now confused about this 12" / 7" debate. As Niall has pointed out, I doubt management would make the same mistake 3 times or more, so it's most likely a 12", but I'm worried there'll also be a 7" (which wouldn't make sense, I know) ... and I don't wanna run around buying/looking for the various versions of it.

I really don't think they could fit the whole of Exogenesis on one side of a 7" and I'd trust Muse management over the RSD site. So don't waste your time looking for a 7" that doesn't exist :D

Banquet is pretty good. They have little free live sessions instore from time to time. They had You Me At Six a couple of months ago and others since who I can't remember.

I really don't think they could fit the whole of Exogenesis on one side of a 7" and I'd trust Muse management over the RSD site. So don't waste your time looking for a 7" that doesn't exist :D

Banquet is pretty good. They have little free live sessions instore from time to time. They had You Me At Six a couple of months ago and others since who I can't remember.

Ooh wicked! I barely venture into Kingston town, and as I say, I've only been to Banquet once, but I need to go more often! I didn't know they had live session :D... I'll def be popping down there more in future then! :happy:

K, I'll rest assured that it's a 12" and wait for the fake 7"s to appear on eBay :LOL:. I won't bother reporting... eBay does nothing about stuff like that. :rolleyes:

Banquet's wicked innit. They had Laura Marling the other week, and got Futureheads in a few weeks :awesome:

There's too much on it to fit on a 7", unless they want to put out a really shit quality 7".

http://chicagomastering.com/vinyl.html

Woo, Banquet dude got back to me and confirmed what Matt Bellamy's Muse mentioned - they'll have it in stock! :D But he said they weren't allowed to put it on hold for me. Looks like I'll be up earlier than normal on a Saturday to go get it. Still, yay! :happy:

Oh lawd, I remember when The Hippodrome was knowns as The Works... couldn't stand it back then :facepalm::chuckle:. I might check out Futureheads at New Slang, but that falls on a deadline day, so doubt I'll make it from work... and I'm too old for the under 18s thing, lol!

Well thats shit then, so if you weren't online for the 2 seconds that the 500 copies were available and live in the UK then tough eh? Come on Muse how bout a bit more notice next time or selling a few more in your home land???

>:(

Archived