Exogenesis Release for Record Store Day 2010 (Pre-orders now sold out)

KirkBot

I concur. They should announce these things before they put them up for sale. It's unfair that it's just down to whoever happens to be on the net at the time.

Not to mention that I'm always on the bloody laptop and this is actually the 1st day in almost a month I haven't been around. :mad: /vent

I agree!!! I check muse.mu every evening usually, but because I decided to get a life and actually go out I missed out!!! Bloody typical!! This always happens to me :(

it's like the time I decided to do hw one lunchtime back at school and thus missed meeting bojo at the place I usually spend my every lunch time!!! Gah!

I'm confused. It says nothing about a 12 inch on the Record Store Day website - only the 7 inch with exactly the same songs. Has someone at Muse.mu made a typo or is there a 12 inch AND a 7 inch? If so does this mean the 7 inch will be available worldwide on Record Store Day as there are stores listed internationally as being participants.

I ordered mine at like, 7 last night, and I was only checking on .mu to see what was going on cos I was waiting to get a lift to go out :LOL: good job I checked :awesome:

The point in a "limited edition" release, is that they will release a couple of thousand, and THATS IT FOREVAR, so dont expect any more :LOL:

I hope they are numbered or something, these could be quite a good little investment when muse break up in 5 or so years... :p

I'm confused. It says nothing about a 12 inch on the Record Store Day website - only the 7 inch with exactly the same songs. Has someone at Muse.mu made a typo or is there a 12 inch AND a 7 inch? If so does this mean the 7 inch will be available worldwide on Record Store Day as there are stores listed internationally as being participants.

Hmm nearly 13 minutes on a 7" seems a little bit dubious... Perhaps the RSD site is the one making an error?

yeah thinking about it, it seems much more likely to have 5 songs on two sides of a 12" rather than a 7"..

...are you actually asking if the official Muse website and the Muse shop make the same "typo" about 10 times including on all order forms and receipts as opposed to one unofficial site?

If the people running the majority of the site are the same people taking care of the customer service emails, then I honestly wouldn't put it past them... :p

I hope this 12" doesn't get bashed in like my bitching Box Set Vinyls...

It's a 12" as the Muse shop states. There is no 7".

If the people running the majority of the site are the same people taking care of the customer service emails, then I honestly wouldn't put it past them... :p

I hope this 12" doesn't get bashed in like my bitching Box Set Vinyls...

Well that would be Sam Sparrow. She definitely knows what she is talking about...but Muse management don't run the shop, another company does that.

593ab0c3-ac11-4467-baae-980243419786.jpgTo celebrate Record Store Day on Saturday 17th April, Muse will be releasing a limited edition 12" vinyl of Exogenesis in the US.

The tracklisting is as follows and artwork is below.

SIDE A

Exogenesis Symphony

PART 1 (Overture) 4:18

PART 2 (Cross-Pollination) 3:58

PART 3 (Redemption) 4:37

SIDE B

Uprising (Live in Teignmouth) 5:37

Resistance (Live in Lisbon) 5:36

We've imported 500 copies of this 12" into the UK so Muse fans outside the US can get their hands on a copy. The 12"s will ship on Monday 19th April, but you can pre-order now by clicking on the link below.

** Update: These 12"s are now all sold out.**

Source: http://muse.mu/news/article/626/exogenesis-release-for-record-store-day-2010/

Archived