"Exogenesis" to be released as a single???

control

yo guys -- spent the last hour calling various participating record stores across the country. i called stores in completely random cities where i suspected there would be little demand for a copy. i found at least 3 stores that were willing to ship it out to me for list price + shipping (like 3 dollars).

y'all should try to do the same...

In this whole EP talk, people are forgetting, that by buying some unknown band's EP, you aren't stepping anyone over their toes.

But by buying a shop's entire stock of, well, anything, you're keeping the next guy in line from getting one himself.

k. i'm done. one copy for myself to open/listen. one for collection purposes. have one extra.

will sell to a member on the boards for list + shipping. i'm going to have to devise a way to pick a winner. i am NOT selling my extra on ebay. i will come up with a fair lottery within the next 12 hours.

to get a proper count of 'demand', so to speak, PM me w/ 'sisenegoxe' in the subject line within the next 24 hours of this post. nothing less, nothing more. by then, i will have come up with a fair way to determine who's going to get it.

at this point, i'm thinking of a riddle...with the correct answer being given to a 3d party member on the boards, who will then verify the first correct answer. but this plan may change in the next half day. i'm investing no more time in this sortie than what is requisite to properly exercise the plan above. this mofo is going quickly.

PLEASE NOTE: i'm a law student w/ exams. actual shipment MAY NOT OCCUR until april 28th. but, it could very well ship within the next 24-48 hours if i can find the time. but, no guarantees.

oh, and i'm going to automatically discard any PMs from accounts created within the last 24 hours.

on another note, feel free to PM me with suggestions as to how i should conduct this lottery. if you wan't to chastise me, feel free to do it on the boards. but, be reminded that i'm hardly the generic eBay touter...

cheers.

k. i'm done. one copy for myself to open/listen. one for collection purposes. have one extra.

will sell to a member on the boards for list + shipping. i'm going to have to devise a way to pick a winner. i am NOT selling my extra on ebay. i will come up with a fair lottery within the next 12 hours.

to get a proper count of 'demand', so to speak, PM me w/ 'sisenegoxe' in the subject line within the next 24 hours of this post. nothing less, nothing more. by then, i will have come up with a fair way to determine who's going to get it.

at this point, i'm thinking of a riddle...with the correct answer being given to a 3d party member on the boards, who will then verify the first correct answer. but this plan may change in the next half day. i'm investing no more time in this sortie than what is requisite to properly exercise the plan above. this mofo is going quickly.

PLEASE NOTE: i'm a law student w/ exams. actual shipment MAY NOT OCCUR until april 28th. but, it could very well ship within the next 24-48 hours if i can find the time. but, no guarantees.

oh, and i'm going to automatically discard any PMs from accounts created within the last 24 hours.

on another note, feel free to PM me with suggestions as to how i should conduct this lottery. if you wan't to chastise me, feel free to do it on the boards. but, be reminded that i'm hardly the generic eBay touter...

cheers.

Randomness?

If that's what you'll do, I can be the 3rd party guy :)

In this whole EP talk, people are forgetting, that by buying some unknown band's EP, you aren't stepping anyone over their toes.

But by buying a shop's entire stock of, well, anything, you're keeping the next guy in line from getting one himself.

Indeed, buying one copy of an EP from 15 different bands 12 years ago is entirely different from buying 20 copies of a limited release from a very well known band today, even if the intention is the same.

Regardless of what it is comparable to, buying up copies that other fans are after for in pure intent of making money isn't ok.

cheers.

I have a suggestion.

Quit it with the TL;DR

Ok rules:

If you're selling feel free to post links to a listing or something in the selling thread. No more than twice the RRP. Anything else will be deleted.

I have a suggestion.

Quit it with the TL;DR

1. re: Niall: i've been around enough to know the rules. i recognize that this should be primarily in the selling thread. nevertheless, since ppl are going to multiple threads, i thought i would post here. and note that i am not selling more than twice RRP. still, i will shift gears to the selling thread...as such seems apropos upon second thought.

2. re: lily93: sorry you encounter anxiety upon reading more than a few sentences at a time. best of luck in the future -- regardless of your future endeavors.

2. re: lily93: sorry you encounter anxiety upon reading more than a few sentences at a time. best of luck in the future -- regardless of your future endeavors.

:LOL:

Got to admit, I was quite taken aback by that. Good luck finding someone for the vinyl, it's good of you to do it this way.

1. re: Niall: i've been around enough to know the rules. i recognize that this should be primarily in the selling thread. nevertheless, since ppl are going to multiple threads, i thought i would post here. and note that i am not selling more than twice RRP. still, i will shift gears to the selling thread...as such seems apropos upon second thought.

Rule was made up after you posted anyway so it doesn't matter too much.

I absolutely LOVE this performance of Resistance. :awesome:

Yah totally. Listening to it right now and it's really great. Some serious rockin going on there.

I was disappointed that We Are The Universe wasn't attached to Uprising, but I guess that performance was before they rolled it out. Missed opportunity, however.

I considered buying this, but I didn't see the point in the end. I own the recordings already and I don't collect things for the sake of collecting. It's a waste of money in my opinion. If you were greedy enough to make money out of somebody elses hardwork, there's at least a reason for it, but i'd feel all too dirty myself.

Yah totally. Listening to it right now and it's really great. Some serious rockin going on there.

I was disappointed that We Are The Universe wasn't attached to Uprising, but I guess that performance was before they rolled it out. Missed opportunity, however.

Yeah, Teignmouth was before they even released The Resistance, We Are The Universe wasn't until they started their tour.

Archived