Hi, fellow fans! Sziget festival is very popular in my country - Bulgaria. I'm very happy that Muse will appear there - for the second time, I think? Some months ago I decided to go to Madrid for my first Muse concert and it was truly an amazing experience... And of course now I want more :) I found 2 girls for a company this time and we're planning to travel with bus and stay 2 nights in the city, attending only the Muse day on the island. We have a ticket vendor for the event here, but I would appreciate any recomendations for cheap hostels (since we're known as the poorest country in the EU, he-he) and I'd be happy to meet some of you there also... Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to add my deepest admiration for all involved in voting for the summer setlists. The top five songs for Sziget : Uno, Space Dementia, Bliss, Spiral Static and Citizen Erased. WOW! I'm starting to dream out loud :happy:

Just wanted to add my deepest admiration for all involved in voting for the summer setlists. The top five songs for Sziget : Uno, Space Dementia, Bliss, Spiral Static and Citizen Erased. WOW! I'm starting to dream out loud :happy:

I highly doubt they will play one of the bold ones though. :erm: We'll probably get either CE or Bliss. (but I'm fine with that as well :D)

So it's getting closer and closer. Approx. 1 month to go:D

And the schedule is ready for 15th August:

18:00 - Billy Talent

19:45 - Kasabian

21:30 - Muse

Is this the best day ever or what?:LOL::LOL: my 3 favourite bands after each other on the main stage. WTF?:D Can't get any better.

I expect a great setlist like Oxegen's. CE, Bliss, US.. Well, and Space Dementia is highly doubtful though. If only...

And I really wanna hear MK Ultra as well!!

thats so exciting! i had no idea billy talent were playing on the same day!

i only need to listen to some kasabian, is anyone a fan?

Yeah I do. I love Kasabian:D Their last album is my favourite, West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum.

Was dissappointed in Kasabian when they warmed up before Muse in Paris - the sound was awful and we couldn't hear a word he was singing. Hope they change my mind this time!

They were great in Milan, I hope their performance in Budapest will be as good as it was there :)

Fifteen days to go!

:musesign:

They were great in Milan, I hope their performance in Budapest will be as good as it was there :)

Fifteen days to go!

:musesign:

I like their songs, may be it was just the unfortunate time to see them for the first time and something went wrong that day... There was such a difference in sound when Uprising started (ok, that was expected, but the difference was very quite extreme).

15, 19 and 21 days to go :) hehe

Well, how wild is the Hungarian crowd? My Bulgarian company wants us to be in the first row(s). Could someone tell me what to expect there?

I've seen Muse in Budapest in 2007 and the crowd was reaaally calm.. it was the first time I had space at a Muse gig actually :LOL: but this is a festival, so I don't really know what to expect. But anyways, first row is usually a good idea, because you are able to breath :p

12 days to go :dance: :dance:

:awesome:

Well, how wild is the Hungarian crowd? My Bulgarian company wants us to be in the first row(s). Could someone tell me what to expect there?

Remember that this is a really large (and LONG) international festival, so the crowds can be really huge (and drunk), especially for a headlining act. I've had a few near-death experiences in front of the Sziget main stage - nearly fainting, being squashed extremely tightly and hardly being able to breathe, even though I'm tall and quite strong. I assume people will go pretty insane for Muse, I mean, it's bloody Muse! :D Even people who aren't there specifically just for them will probably want to see them, haha. The moshing is usually heavier on the right side when you're facing the stage (Chris' side in this case, but this could vary.) To be sure, it's a lot better if you can get a place at the barrier. I kind of plan to get there at, like, noon, and chain myself to it XD

Remember that at Sziget there is a massive aisle down the middle to separate the left and right sides of the pit, so there are two more barriers to cling to :D

I can't recommend you any good hostels as I am from Budapest, but you could take a look at the ratings & prices on hostelbookers.com.

A little more than a week, yayz!

I wanted to ask all the Musers who want to head for the barrier.. How early do you plan to arrive at the main stage?

If you want to make sure you get the right spot, you should be there before Kasabian's gig kicks off. Fortunately, people wander a lot between concerts :)

Thanks for all the tips! We've found a hostel online... This will be my second Muse concert and the crowd at my first one (Madrid in June) was "perfect" - happy and energetic, and not pushy at all :) As a jazz listener I thought it would be tougher :p But for my first rock festial I'm ready for some sheer craziness :D:dance:

I always expect the worse...:rolleyes:

During a Franz Ferdinand gig on Sziget Festival the crowd was so wild that I thought it would be wise if I won't go near the barrier next time, more over, never-ever again!! They almost broke my arms, and I couldn't enjoy the performance because of these assholes:(

Than a few years later the Manic Street Preachers gig was soooo fun! Civilised people was in the crowd (I was in the third row) and i could jump and dance, anything I wanted to do.

Anyway I think it depends on the audience, but I still expect the worse, you never know..

So i was like Deadmau5 and Muse in one day? Fucking awesome!

But now Deadmau5 canceled his show so i am fucked. Anyways i don't really like this years line up, i bought the weekly ticket without knowing the line-up, now i think both Balaton Sound and Volt Feszt would have been a better choice than Sziget.

Archived