Best drumming on a muse song....

• 1 month later...
Crying Shame has a good beat.

I prefer the earlier version of that. It was failry similar to stockholm. Lots of constant bass - funky 'all over the toms' part and really good buildups.

I also prefer the earlier version of assassin. (the Debase version) I though the verse beat used in that was really good.

But I do love the studio versions...theyre much harder :D

I prefer the earlier version of that. It was failry similar to stockholm. Lots of constant bass - funky 'all over the toms' part and really good buildups.

I also prefer the earlier version of assassin. (the Debase version) I though the verse beat used in that was really good.

But I do love the studio versions...theyre much harder :D

Yeh Debase drumming was ace, reminded me of MOTP a bit, but it worked really well. It's weird how both drum beats suit the song so well, but Assassin (GOB or otherwise) is best with that AMAZING drum fill! Go DOM! :happy:

Dunno I wouldn't say Dom is a maginificent drummer but I'd say MOTP

he definately stands out.

theres loads of heavy metallers who play really really fast.....but every song has the same beat (and they cheat with a double pedal ;))

theres punk rockers who try and be all over the place and original (Travis Barker) but it sounds a mess....

and theres the middle of the road "boom...ta...boom boom...ta" drummers who are boring.

Then theres Dom who does all three. :LOL:

Archived