Muse preshow music- between opening band and Muse set

jhkaplan

Hoping someone can help me identify a song that was played at both the Atlanta and Nashville gigs! It opens up with a big drum fill (slightly similar to that from "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins).

Then is goes into a slow, heavy industrial-like beat, with a simple synth hook over it (similar sound to NIN's cover of "Get Down, Make Love").

It didn't have much in the way of lyrics that I could hear, but it seemed to have maybe one phrase in it that was the hook. The drum fill also repeated several times. It played twice during the Nashville gig, and at least once during Atlanta. Any help would be much appreciated!

Forgot to mention it sounded like it had some Prodigy influence in it, but slower. Big, grinding beat, and very hard synths. Hope someone knows it, it's been stuck in my head!

hello everyone. thank you for all the great info.

i'm looking to find out what this track was as well. i heard it before the Nashville show and it really caught my ear but had never heard it before. any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by citizenerased05 View Post

Hoping someone can help me identify a song that was played at both the Atlanta and Nashville gigs! It opens up with a big drum fill (slightly similar to that from "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins).

Then is goes into a slow, heavy industrial-like beat, with a simple synth hook over it (similar sound to NIN's cover of "Get Down, Make Love").

It didn't have much in the way of lyrics that I could hear, but it seemed to have maybe one phrase in it that was the hook. The drum fill also repeated several times. It played twice during the Nashville gig, and at least once during Atlanta. Any help would be much appreciated!

Forgot to mention it sounded like it had some Prodigy influence in it, but slower. Big, grinding beat, and very hard synths. Hope someone knows it, it's been stuck in my head!

i'm looking to find out what this track was as well. i heard it before the Nashville show and it really caught my ear but had never heard it before. any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:

Could be wrong but Planisphere parts 1-3 by Justice?

Quote:

Neither of them are right probably but still

no, it wasn't Justice. it was more hip hop / dubstep sounding. it was a heavy beat. sounded great, especially in a big loud arena. i did recognize the Justice though. i'm hoping a member of the audio team reads this and would throw me a bone because it's driving me mad, lol. would love to find out who it was.

no, it wasn't either of the previous tracks. i know it's pretty vague but it had a hip hop groove. no real vocals. i'm afraid that the only person that will know what it is, is a member of the audio team or someone in the audience who knew the track previously.

Hi,

I just went to my first Muse show on Friday in Chicago and am still in complete awe. I remember saying to my friend that I really liked the pre set intro music, before Muse came on stage. It was some nice techno/electronica type music. Does anyone have an idea the songs and/or artists for these songs? I'd love to get some more listens.

Thanks!

Well I have no idea I'll go into my first show October 19, promise to find out!

I saw two gigs at St. Louis and Washington D.C. for the 2nd Law Tour this year. During the setups at both shows they played an electronic song with no vocals, about 8-10 minutes long and despite being near the speakers I could not identify it with Shazam. Was an amazing song and was played just prior to the show starting. Anyone know who the artist/band was?

I saw two gigs at St. Louis and Washington D.C. for the 2nd Law Tour this year. During the setups at both shows they played an electronic song with no vocals, about 8-10 minutes long and despite being near the speakers I could not identify it with Shazam. Was an amazing song and was played just prior to the show starting. Anyone know who the artist/band was?

Justice - Planisphere

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

THIS is the song. I happened to hear it in this trailer on TV, and used Shazam. The app took me to the trailer, but I still don't know the song.

Is this familiar to anyone?

http://cdn.shazam.com/shtv/ubiq/ad/130916_361/client.html#video;trackid=99293685;beta=true

• 1 month later...

Archived