I was there with Christina and Emma and met Muse today too and I spoke to both Matt and Chris about doing DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD STAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

and... very good positive response. Matt at first chuckled when I mentioned Dead Star but then said 'haha we haven't played that song in a while, but its actually a really fun song to do, and it's probably about time we play it again.... which show are you going to, the first or the second?' *I reply 'Second, Friday 10th!'* Matt replies 'Hmm we'll see with the second show then ay, Dead Star yeah we could give it a go, we'll see'

Then when I talked to Chris about it he also laughed and said they hadn't played it in a while, but it was fun, and then I also suggested they should totally have an extended rock-the-fuck-out 10 minute riff session after Stockholm Syndrome, to which he again laughed and said, 'yeah it's fun doing that so who knows'.

I AM SO EXCITED :D :D :D

If they do end up playing Dead Star on the 10th I will personally thank you for it.

I was there with Christina and Emma and met Muse today too and I spoke to both Matt and Chris about doing DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD STAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

and... very good positive response. Matt at first chuckled when I mentioned Dead Star but then said 'haha we haven't played that song in a while, but its actually a really fun song to do, and it's probably about time we play it again.... which show are you going to, the first or the second?' *I reply 'Second, Friday 10th!'* Matt replies 'Hmm we'll see with the second show then ay, Dead Star yeah we could give it a go, we'll see'

Then when I talked to Chris about it he also laughed and said they hadn't played it in a while, but it was fun, and then I also suggested they should totally have an extended rock-the-fuck-out 10 minute riff session after Stockholm Syndrome, to which he again laughed and said, 'yeah it's fun doing that so who knows'.

I don't know you, but I COMPLETELY LOVE YOU FOR ASKING ABOUT DEAD STAR:D

Hello fellow Musers! I haven't posted in a while because i'vebeen trying not to get too obsessed with Muse in case i'm sick of them by the time the concert rolls around...

I have to say after reading the set list for Brisbane the 5th, i wasn't really getting any more excited but then seeing the setlist from the 6th changed that.

The crappy thing is the 5th setlist has SIX songs (all from the latest album) I haven't seen live whereas the 6th setlist had ten...

So if they do the whole good setlist first, normal setlist twice, i'll get roughly the same thing I got last time.

But if they do the normal setlist first, I'll get really excited about seeing it because I'll most likely get some rarities and stuff in my concert.

so me and Emma totes met Muse today

picturesssssssssssssss

65405_456136777223_627377223_5441749_8361211_n.jpg

birthday hug with Dom

me and KIRKY

oh and we met another famous face as well :p

It's GREAT you girls represented and asked for Dead Star. It sends a strong message that the young fan base knows and demands the good stuff too, so Muse don't think that old jaded fans hanging onto the past are the ones asking for pre-Absolution classics.

Awesome pics! Congrats on a very successful meet + chance to personally request no less!!

Wow. That's a warm response. I would kill to see that song.

Ok, so on Triple J they made a comment about how Dom (?) kept playing Newborn too slow.

Also, they mentioned that they mixed it up for Brisbane and played some older songs on the second night but might change it up a bit for Sydney.

Yeah I heard that and posted it in the acer thread.

As someone said, cue speculation.

Ok, so on Triple J they made a comment about how Dom (?) kept playing Newborn too slow.

Also, they mentioned that they mixed it up for Brisbane and played some older songs on the second night but might change it up a bit for Sydney.

Dom has said that its his hardest song to play which may be why its been slowed down over the years.

No. I really don't care. This is my first Muse gig, and I really don't give a flying fuck if I don't get Sunburn :rolleyes:

You've been spending to much time around Hipbones, Sippe and Dee3Dee :LOL:

Inconsistent much? :p

Shut up :LOL: Plus, didn't they just say on the radio, something alone the lines of, I don't know, they mixed it up for Brisbane and played some older songs on the second night but might change it up a bit for Sydney?

You've been spending to much time around Hipbones, Sippe and Dee3Dee :LOL:

Yes, that's it :p

:yesey:

I'm calling Cave, Dead Star, Fury and Ruled by Secrecy plus the rarities from the 6th at Brisbane to make an appearance in the following Aussie shows.

Take Fury away from that and I agree.

Anyway, they said at the airport they'll try to play Dead Star on the 10th, but they also said they'd change the mixing up around from Brisbane - the combined hopefully equals oldies on both nights.

Take Fury away from that and I agree.

Anyway, they said at the airport they'll try to play Dead Star on the 10th, but they also said they'd change the mixing up around from Brisbane - the combined hopefully equals oldies on both nights.

Holy bejesus :eek: Well, I don't care, as long as we get something. It just wouldn't be fair otherwise.

New Born is not complicated to play! :LOL:

:LOL: Next skype....You have to proooove it.

:awesome::awesome::awesome: Good work!!!

I'll suggest eternally missed....everything will be acecakes

haha it didn't really work out because we were all confused

33944_456136432223_627377223_5441741_4086981_n.jpg

hahah yeah I wanted a derp photo of us all but they were all like rushing. They were quite nice but they were in a hurry to go to Nova (bloody nova) but we still got photos and everything signed :)

hahah sounds gooooooooooood :)

:LOL: Still good photo...

:LOL: Is that what I should so to them tues "Can we do a DERP photo plz..." Whats nova...try hard triple j yet commmercial. Sorry. Country folk don't get many stations :happy: How cool!

edit: You have derp on your arm :LOL:?..

I've never heard mention of that either. I have read somewhere that it can be tiring just because it's long. Maybe putting it right after Map isn't the best idea.

I've definitely seen him say in an interview that New Born is his hardest song or something like he struggles with playing it.

Matts the one who think Assassin is hard and Dom just says that closing with Knights leaves him 'knackered'.

Archived