Alysum

See, I disagree. I think it could be a really cool thing, but, much like the inbuilt Kaoss Pad XY MIDI screen controller, we've been jaded by the fact that, to us, it represents solely a fanboi allegiance to the great overlord Matthew Bellamy.

True but I don't expect you to live much longer on the board :LOL:

I might be opening myself up to some more facepalms... but I can see pretty clearly if I take the back panel off... inside is just wires, the three rotaries that aren't on the face of the guitar, and a... oh fuck what's it called. Anyway, there's no case.

:D:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::D:D:D:D:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

If there's no hand painted metal case inside you don't have the right toanz!

Finally somebody said it.

I see you've not been here long!

Guest Batman.

:LOL:

Personally I don't see the point of having a fuzz factory built into your guitar.. it'd ruin the guitar. I don't really think getting either a WEEEEEEWOOOOOOO noise, or a fuzz tone, is opening up many possibilities as a guitarist - especially when you can just use it as a stompbox to change sounds mid-song. The XY pad on the other hand is a pretty nice idea, with all the midi shiz going on, and is also nowhere near as limiting as having a FF.

Of course, having either will make you a

CANDY-ASS B3LLZ0R FANBOI.

They have to be the cases hand painted by myrold. Those ones sound better.

See, I disagree. I think it could be a really cool thing, but, much like the inbuilt Kaoss Pad XY MIDI screen controller, we've been jaded by the fact that, to us, it represents solely a fanboi allegiance to the great overlord Matthew Bellamy.

The built in FF gets old after about 5 minutes. Or at least it did for me.

I like the MIDI screen though. There's much more you can do with that.

How do i put a fuzz factory inside my kaosspad?

Ah, now that's the question, isn't it?

The built in FF gets old after about 5 minutes. Or at least it did for me.

I like the MIDI screen though. There's much more you can do with that.

I'm much more easily entertained :LOL:

Fuck, man, this is embarrassing... :facepalm: Chedda you've torn me apart...

:LOL:

It kills the fuzziness though. You can sometimes get it back by putting it after the Whammy but it won't oscillate. Although interestingly, before or after the DT, it loses the fuzz in just the same way. And yeah, I'm pretty sure all of Zvex's stuff is true bypass, no?

I've got the same problem. If you have the Whammy coming after the FF it's much worse though, really messes up the fuzz when you turn it on. I'd suggest putting the FF after the Whammy and just turning the Whammy off whenever you aren't using it, it should oscillate and sound almost fine then.

EDIT: Can someone tell me a decent setting to use on the FF so that it doesn't constantly feedback or oscillate when I'm not playing? It only happens when it's the only thing/first thing in the chain.

EDIT: Can someone tell me a decent setting to use on the FF so that it doesn't constantly feedback or oscillate when I'm not playing? It only happens when it's the only thing/first thing in the chain.

this is the setting i always use -

vol - 10:00

gate - 2:00

comp - 10:00

drive - 12:00

stab - 2:00

the main thing is the gate really. whack that up and you'll be safe.

Yeah, either have the Stab up full, and it won't oscillate, or if you have that lower, then you'll need the Gate turned up, but it will cut your signal out a lot quicker than usual, which annoys me, so I tend to just keep the Stab turned up.

Archived