Alysum

I'm pretty sure Feeder did it in 'Emily' too. It's a cool thing to try I guess, but I've not given it a go yet. That's mainly because my FF has spent most of its time in a draw waiting for me to get some more cables though. Same happened to my old Whammy sadly. I'll give it a go soon though.

No intention of selling it, I'm afraid. I just haven't had enough cables to use my pedals as much as I'd want to up to now. I sold my Whammy because I'll be getting the DT, but once my MB-1 comes and the cables that James ordered for me arrive, the FF will be straight into the front of the effects chain. ;)

Bs has a FF? Do you fancy lending it to me for a bit :awesome: Will return of course and everything, and I'm a regular on here and would give you my address and all so even if I did scam you (which I wouldn't, honest) you could hunt me down :happy:

What do you need it for? If you went down to a guitar store I'm sure they'd let you rent one for a few days if you put down some kind of deposit to make sure you don't nick it :LOL:

My friend needed a POG to record a song for his A-level music so he went to the guitar shop near college and they charged him £5 to use it for a week... he had to put down his whammy and DL4, but it was a hell of a lot cheaper than buying one :happy:

• 2 weeks later...
Bs if you're ever selling your ff ill take it off your hands :)

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm vaguely wondering about this now. Jimbo and his Wah probe has got me seriously considering the Wah and Fuzz probes. But can someone clear up for me something about the Fuzz Probe?

As far as I understand it, it's EXACTLY the same as a Fuzz Factory if you have the Stab all the way to the right...And then when you lower the stab a bit, that's where the plate comes into it. Would this be correct?

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm vaguely wondering about this now. Jimbo and his Wah probe has got me seriously considering the Wah and Fuzz probes. But can someone clear up for me something about the Fuzz Probe?

As far as I understand it, it's EXACTLY the same as a Fuzz Factory if you have the Stab all the way to the right...And then when you lower the stab a bit, that's where the plate comes into it. Would this be correct?

uhuh!

Hmmmm...Then I may consider swapping...It probably won't be until the new year though, but MFC, if you'd still be interested, if you're not particularly in a rush...Then I may indeed consider selling my FF if I do change it for the FP...

Hmmmm...Then I may consider swapping...It probably won't be until the new year though, but MFC, if you'd still be interested, if you're not particularly in a rush...Then I may indeed consider selling my FF if I do change it for the FP...

Yaaaaaaaaaay no rush, but check the selling thread, will swap for any of those (I dont have the money atm, but will do soon)

Well my long term pedalboard was perfectly planned out until Jimbo fucked it up by getting me interested in these, haha! So I wouldn't be interested in swapping for anything else. I'd be quite prepared to leave it until March/April though, as I've got enough stuff to be buying in the mean time, so I may as well keep it until I'm definitely swapping it, and that could be a few months yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, all rules and advice about the order of effects pedals goes out the window when you start incorporating Zvex stuff unfortunately.

I've decided to definitely keep my fuzz factory now anyway. I was thinking of replacing it with a fuzz probe, but as the probe is a little less tameable, I figured the best option was a mix of both.

wah after fuzz sounds ace, you just don't like it. Wah before fuzz should work OK too, but the FF doesn't like other pedals before it - impedence mis-match. Buy a big muff instead!

hmmm, if you'd heard mine i dunno if you'd think it was ace :p. i was kinda hoping for an omar rodriguez / john frusciante style sound with it, but it's way off, sounds really muddy and horrible. i have a big muff already, it's great, probably my favourite pedal :), i just want to make this FF work! :p

Archived