Alysum

Hey all hope your fine,

Ive been looking up the Fuzz Probe, as I heard that it's meant to be better than the actually F.Factory, as you can control the stab through the copper plating. This sounds dead cool, but i was wondering, if anyone here has one, doesnt the copper plating get to be a bitch as i heard you cant have your foot near it if you dont want the squeal.

Thing is I think i might invest in one after the summer, and I was seeing if its ok to have it in a crowded pedal board, especially when I would be looming over the pedal board all the time when I'm gigging.

Cheers

Luke

P.S. I've heard thats its meant to be really 'squeally', and like squeeling all the time, just making sure - you can actually hear what your playing, yeah? Just making sure if this is an overstatement by reviewers in Harmony Central and Mr. Vex

..until I bought it, I was asking myself the same question...

but the fuzz probe, will squeal only when you turn down the volume on your guitar, and if you go feedbacking..

So there are no problems, you can move your foot over your pedal board without affecting the antenna...when you want start probing, just turn the volume down, and move your feet over the copper plate...

anyway the fuzz probe squeal only at certain settings..with other settings if you lower the volume you cant probe...

..I think it is the best pedal I ever had...

Hope this could help you..

if you have other question ask me...

that's all

mark

It's simple, if you have the money and is willing to spend it, buy the Fuzz Probe, best christmas present I ever received.

If your playing the guitar and you put your foot over the probe, it does this really cool synthy sound that is very hard to describe, but very cool.

Also if you start playing around with the toggle switch while using the probe for some squeling, you get a really cool sound which is like a tremolo effect on the squeal.

If you want I can record myself pissing around with it, showing off what it can do, but not tonight because it will annoy my parents, just add me to msn and I'll send the recording to you

I built one of these bitches into a customers guitar in Jan. I hid the copper plate behind the scratchplate and put the control pots in the cut-out pointing up the neck.

Now I did warn him before I installed it that it would be real hard to get used to but would he have it? no. It didn't take me too long actually so I spent a couple of days messin around with it. I think it's just the kind of application mr V intended for it :)

Happy days!

Im having a bit o trouble with my fuzz. ive tried a million different types of fuzz but it still sounds like its farting!!!!!! when i play chords it sounds like when u play chords with a whammy, the notes are all unclear and muffled... what am i doing wrong!

Try maxing out the Stab, lose some Comp and Gate

Yeah, you're totally right about that. I'm not sure if it's because my pickups are shit or not, but turning my guitar pickup volume down to around 7 makes the FF sound soooo much better.

I agree with that, it does sound so much better, well if the Drive is set quite high, low its really tinny.

Try:

Stab - Full

Drive - Full

Comp - None

Gate - None

Then lower the guitar volume, absolutely gorgeous, really good for Hyper Music

I agree with that, it does sound so much better, well if the Drive is set quite high, low its really tinny.

Try:

Stab - Full

Drive - Full

Comp - None

Gate - None

Then lower the guitar volume, absolutely gorgeous, really good for Hyper Music

it's awfull that setting ! makes a terrible noise, cant play...

I was looking at the vid for the fuzz probe and it looks really cool but do you have to have your foot near it for the fuzz to be active or is there some little switch u press to have it constantly on like the fuzz factory. I'd imagine if u had to play a song that needed the fuzz for the whole song like The Groove it would be a pain in the ass standing with your foot angled over the probe for the whole thing

Archived