Hi, uchu, do you know whether we can buy tickets from overseas? I've never been to Fuji Rock Festival yet. The site looks unfriendly (again.)

More importantly, when will it be announced, that Muse are playing for which day? It's a 3 day festival isn't it?

Okay, I research for everyone who plans to come to the festival from foreign countries.

English site is available here. http://www.smash-uk.com/frf10/

Hi, uchu, do you know whether we can buy tickets from overseas? I've never been to Fuji Rock Festival yet. The site looks unfriendly (again.)

More importantly, when will it be announced, that Muse are playing for which day? It's a 3 day festival isn't it?

I don't remember when the date is announced...

Massive Attack announced the date on their website, they will play on 1st August. Therefore Muse will headline on 30th or 31st July or there's still possibility that Muse headline 1st August and Massive Attack 'close' the festival.

Pre-sale starts at 10 am 6th March (local time), and I think you can buy tickets outside Japan from here.

Thanks uchu, this will be a good vacation for me.

I guess they'll also visit South Korea for another festival of the previous week.

I think so. Pentaport Rock Festival in Incheon. Muse had played both in 2007.

I heard, previously, Pentaport Rock Festival was a sister festival

to the Fuji Rock Festival, sharing many artists during the same time period.

but the booking agent of Pentaport had left and they started up the Jisan Valley Rock Festival at 2009.

Last year, Fuji and Jisan had the same artists.

so I think they'll play at the Jisan Valley Rock Festival.

Jisan Valley Rock announced. :D

Yes these are sister festival like T/Oxegen.

• 4 months later...

Next Wednesday my brother and I are finally making our long desired trip to Japan. Being an obsessed Muser, I know that the guys are going to eff rock out on the 30th. I want to go and I think it would be easier to get tickets and transportation if I met with any other Musers that happen to be around that area. I'll be around Tokyo and I've already made some research, it takes like 90 minutes from Tokyo to get to the festival.

Sooo, what do you think? We know that Japan always makes Matt feel good and in the mood to play CE, Bliss, Dead Star, Glorious, Can't take my eyes off you or any other rarity that we Americans and Mexicans missed so much in their last gigs.

Btw I speak English and Spanish

I'll be around Tokyo and I've already made some research, it takes like 90 minutes from Tokyo to get to the festival.

Sooo, what do you think? We know that Japan always makes Matt feel good and in the mood to play CE, Bliss, Dead Star, Glorious, Can't take my eyes off you or any other rarity that we Americans and Mexicans missed so much in their last gigs.

I'll attend 3 days:)

Certainly about 90 minutes from Tokyo to get to JR Echigo Yuzawa station by Shinkansen (Bullet Train) and we have to line up for 30~40 minutes or more to get on the free shuttle bus. Echigo Yuzawa - Festival Site takes about 40 minutes.

So it takes about 3 hours from Tokyo.

Then it takes some time to exchange the ticket for the wristband. Particularly the morning of the 29th and the 30th takes long cuz the camp site opens at 12 noon of the 29th and the 30th is the first day of this festival.

I think they will play SS and Bliss.

the result of Summer Setlist Polls is SS, Bliss, Escape, Spiral Static, Falling Away with You.

I'll attend 3 days:)

Certainly about 90 minutes from Tokyo to get to JR Echigo Yuzawa station by Shinkansen (Bullet Train) and we have to line up for 30~40 minutes or more to get on the free shuttle bus. Echigo Yuzawa - Festival Site takes about 40 minutes.

So it takes about 3 hours from Tokyo.

Then it takes some time to exchange the ticket for the wristband. Particularly the morning of the 29th and the 30th takes long cuz the camp site opens at 12 noon of the 29th and the 30th is the first day of this festival.

I think they will play SS and Bliss.

the result of Summer Setlist Polls is SS, Bliss, Escape, Spiral Static, Falling Away with You.

I just realized that I'll be at Kyoto that day, do you know how can I get to the festival if I leave Kyoto and head for Niigata at around 6 pm (do they still give the wristbands late in the afternoon? what would be the best place to buy the ticket only wristband? no camping or parking ones)

Thanx!

and Im keepiing my hopes up for Bliss, CE or Sunburn. Or Jazzy Cave =P

I just realized that I'll be at Kyoto that day, do you know how can I get to the festival if I leave Kyoto and head for Niigata at around 6 pm (do they still give the wristbands late in the afternoon? what would be the best place to buy the ticket only wristband? no camping or parking ones)

Thanx!

and Im keepiing my hopes up for Bliss, CE or Sunburn. Or Jazzy Cave =P

from 'Kyoto' to the festival on the 30th.:eek:

It takes about 4 hours from Kyoto by bullet train (change the train in Tokyo).

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/

free shuttle bus from Echigo-Yuzawafrom leaves at fifteen-minute intervals.

you can also go to the festival site by taxi (about 6900yen).

though I have never exchanged the ticket in the evening, I think its off-peak around 6 pm.

last year, exchange time in Thu 12:00-24:00 and Fri-Sun 9:00-24:00.

every year, touts sell tickets or wristbands around the exchanging place and the festival sell them on the day, but you should buy in advance. they'll sell advance tickets(3day and 1 day on the 30th) until 29th July this year. you can buy at convenience store chain Lawson, Seven-Eleven or Circle K Sunkus (maybe the clerks can speak only a little English...). there are ticket shops(ticket pia) in Kansai International Airport, Kyoto station and other.

ticket guide in Japan - I'm afraid that this info might be a bit outdated.

http://www.tokyogigguide.com/en/tickets

fujirockers forum

http://www.fujirockers.org/bbs/english/

I want to listen Sunburn, too.

Because it's Japan, I'm hoping for Escape/Spiral Static. Not gonna happen though. :LOL:

I hope you're right. what if it rains...?

Archived