We've been home just over an hour and can safely say that gig is at the top of my top 3 gigs I've seen (I've been to 15).

The costumes were hilarious (though I have a feeling Matt was merely trying to keep dry, whilst Dom clearly lost a bet with the others :LOL:) and the set list changes were fantastic.

So pleased to see CE played, as this is the third time I've seen it, but I've oddly wiped the first two from my brain!

The whole thing really made up for the shitty weather and the large number of tw*ts in the crowd who were thereabouts too drunk to stand up and banging into us / harassing us. :mad:

Had an absolutely epic time, what with Muse and a meeting of Musers...roll on Poland! :D

It was very scary at the time, I was second row literally couldn't inhale and started blacking-out and sliding to the floor. Those around me called security to pull me out, once they had I couldn't stand because my legs were so wobbly! I spent fifteen minutes in the medical tent recovering and was fine after that:)

Ended up watching Kasabian and Muse further back with most of the boardies (a few were further forward) and to a person we all enjoyed Muse. They were superb for all the reasons given. That was my fourteenth Muse gig and I rank it in my top four since 2003.

Now bear in mind the fact I actually couldn't even see the band most of the time other than the odd glimpse of the screens (too many tall people between me and the stage!:LOL:) and it'll give you an idea how fantastic their performance was in every way :happy:

Thank you Muse, you were just amazing last night.

Due to where I watched them from I'm afraid I've not got a single photo or video of Muse or Kasabian!:eek::eek:

Took these yesterday afternoon and at the airport this morning!:stunned::stunned:

4782674608_3bc567ee08.jpg

4782041023_990088b7c4.jpg

4782675174_4e06f4d58e.jpg

4782041347_df4cbaae2d.jpg

4782676048_a0bc3c0716.jpg

4782042903_cdf2a19a17.jpg

It rained pretty much all day and right through Muse's set, the place was a complete swamp!:LOL:

OMG so much mud! Glad you had an awesome time in the end. It seems Muse pulled out all the stops for this gig.

Getting badly crushed so you feel like you can't breath is so scary:( glad your OK:kiss:, a similar thing happened to me last year at Reading.

Agreed! One of my tops gigs, can't believe it. Not just the setlist, but they played superbly. And not having Feeling Good and Guiding Light made such a difference. I was worried the momentum would be lost after the great start if they did those but luckily it was not. Whatever they were on last night they indeed need to keep doing it. My heart was having palpatations when they opened with PIB and it went on from there lol.

Haven't heard SS or KOC sounding that good in a long time. I even enjoyed UD which is strange! I may owe my friend a Black Eyed Pea's gig but that was 100% worth it. This is most likely a bit of one off thing so feeling very lucky atm. Wembley shall be my last for a very long time but delighted to end it all with such an awesome gig.:happy:

We've been home just over an hour and can safely say that gig is at the top of my top 3 gigs I've seen (I've been to 15).

The costumes were hilarious (though I have a feeling Matt was merely trying to keep dry, whilst Dom clearly lost a bet with the others :LOL:) and the set list changes were fantastic.

So pleased to see CE played, as this is the third time I've seen it, but I've oddly wiped the first two from my brain!

The whole thing really made up for the shitty weather and the large number of tw*ts in the crowd who were thereabouts too drunk to stand up and banging into us / harassing us. :mad:

Had an absolutely epic time, what with Muse and a meeting of Musers...roll on Poland! :D

I am totally devastated i didn't let you bully me into going :(

Damn me for being sensible

well..

tumblr_l5dh74cp661qztyh1o1_500.jpg

4780917451_957fe78bb4.jpg

Hee hee!!! I love that Dom was brave enough to wear Matt's 'bird' coat onstage (nevermind the green underpants and tights!). Matt's raincoat hood looks like a space helmet...

4782780552_97002ddf49_m.jpg

No wonder Chris was grinning :D

4781561012_f0e7b6ce41.jpg

Seems like it was an awesome night in spite of the rain.

i'm sure i posted yesterday saying saying i was relieved i hadn't gone due to weather and how everyone would come back and say this was an awesome gig but i can't find the post now *spooky*. I wanted to be smug and say i told you so :p

just knew they'd pull something special out the bag for this. those costumes are just brilliant. and no FG or GL how awesome. Hope we get something like this for Poland.

pip, sorry to hear about your episode. :( it obviously didn't spoil it for you though.

This was one of the best muse gigs I've been to, and I've been to 23 now. In my top 7 maybe. The setlist shake up was perfect, really made it enjoyable and kept us on edge. The costumes were amazing and gave us a good laugh considering the weather. And I have never heard such a phenomenal performance of Man with a Harmonica + KOC. Best version I've ever heard. - The falsettos throughout were incredible. Same can be said for bliss. This was a rock show and it was pretty much perfect. Nice one muse!

(The bloody messageboard! :LOL:)

UD was beefy last night!

The lasers looked awesome with the rain!

I also love that the crowd sang the hysteria solo!:LOL:

This!!

Mu ha ha ha! :D

:yesey:

:awesome::D

From what everyone has said in this thread it seems Muse were so much better at Oxegen than Glastonbury. It looks like Oxegen got all of Glasto's rain and mud this year too. :LOL:

Everything they did wrong at Glasto they did right at Oxegen!

Can someone show me the setlist? I can't find it :$

1. Plug in Baby

2. Supermassive Black Hole

3. Unnatural Selection

4. Interlude + Hysteria

5. Citizen Erased

6. Nishe + United States of Eurasia

7. Undisclosed Desires

8. Uprising

9. Bliss

10. Resistance

11. House of the Rising Sun Riff + Time is Running Out

12. Stockholm Syndrome

Encore:

13. Starlight

14. Man With a Harmonica + Knights of Cydonia

This was one of the best muse gigs I've been too, and I've been to 23 now. In my top 7 maybe. The setlist shake up was perfect, really made it enjoyable and kept us on edge. The costumes were amazing and gave us a good laugh considering the weather. And I have never heard such a phenomenal performance of Man with a Harmonica + KOC. Best version I've ever heard. - The falsettos throughout were incredible. Same can be said for bliss. This was a rock show and it was pretty much perfect. Nice one muse!

(The bloody messageboard! :LOL:)

did someone tip them off that there was a big crowd going over? :LOL:

When Dom came on i could see chris loling at the side of the stage. I thought that the rain was going to ruin oxegen but so far it has just added to the atmosphere so far.

The gig was epic!!!! Never enjoyed ourselves as much in the pissing rain, sober and surrounded by mucky crazy people.

yea i had to be pulled out from the barrier when that biffy clyro lad came on, and my other friend fainted it was crazy at some points

we were 4 rows from the front, by the time Biffy came on we had to move. The pushing & shoving was crazy

+1

It was very scary at the time, I was second row literally couldn't inhale and started blacking-out and sliding to the floor. Those around me called security to pull me out, once they had I couldn't stand because my legs were so wobbly! I spent fifteen minutes in the medical tent recovering and was fine after that:)

Ended up watching Kasabian and Muse further back with most of the boardies (a few were further forward) and to a person we all enjoyed Muse. They were superb for all the reasons given. That was my fourteenth Muse gig and I rank it in my top four since 2003.

Now bear in mind the fact I actually couldn't even see the band most of the time other than the odd glimpse of the screens (too many tall people between me and the stage!:LOL:) and it'll give you an idea how fantastic their performance was in every way :happy:

Thank you Muse, you were just amazing last night.

Due to where I watched them from I'm afraid I've not got a single photo or video of Muse or Kasabian!:eek::eek:

Took these yesterday afternoon and at the airport this morning!:stunned::stunned:

It rained pretty much all day and right through Muse's set, the place was a complete swamp!:LOL:

Wow. Sorry to hear you & Susie had to move from the front but glad no damage was done. Karen & I now glad we gave up earlier and then moved about a bit, with getting closers to the front in time for Muse.

We thought Muse were on top form and there were quite a few Muse virgins around us looking forward to their 1st Muse gig. Big smiles on their faces as the gig went on.

I drove home after the gig and we arrived home at 5.30am – the things we do to see Muse. We did have a tent in the car – just encase. On arrival at Naas that idea was quickly dismissed and we can safely say we will never be back to Oxegen (unless Muse play again)

That sounded very scary. Glad you were able to recover and enjoy the rest of the night.:D

Oh god.. I woke up an hour ago. :LOL: incredible show,I enjoyed every second ans sang along to every single line. :awesome: I was between 2 guys,they weren't Muse fans,I guess,they were so calm. :stunned: but there were few musers behind me who enjoyed the show. :happy:

Oh,as I said before,I was at the barrier,left side of the stage,a bit aside.Matt came to our direction with his keytar to play UD intro. He was right in front of me,so close! :eek: I took my Irish flag with Muse logo on it,I screamed - ''Matthew,look!'',he played the intro and took a look at my flag,he saw it. :LOL:

jeeeeeeez.. fantastic!!!! i'm gonna quote some people,i need to go through the thread.

1. Plug in Baby

2. Supermassive Black Hole

3. Unnatural Selection

4. Interlude + Hysteria

5. Citizen Erased

6. Nishe + United States of Eurasia

7. Undisclosed Desires

8. Uprising

9. Bliss

10. Resistance

11. House of the Rising Sun Riff + Time is Running Out

12. Stockholm Syndrome

Encore:

13. Starlight

14. Man With a Harmonica + Knights of Cydonia

Thanks!

I seriously hope they show KOC, was in awe at the sheer perfection - and there was me thinking I was getting bored of it.

Oh and they played a long voodoo child jam, not the regular split second riff but a band cover. Was fucking incredible. And they did burning bridges! Wanted that at marlay park as it was irish jiggy.

Archived