Just saw this, from an interview:

What wasn’t actually that good concerning The Beatles?

The fact that they were manipulated and abused in a sociopsychological experiment by the Travistock-Institut and the Illuminates with the aim to implant a destroying and divising element in big population groups against their will.

:p

The fact that they were manipulated and abused in a sociopsychological experiment by the Travistock-Institut and the Illuminates with the aim to implant a destroying and divising element in big population groups against their will.

I'm guessing Matt said that :LOL:

god i love that :LOL:

and the bouncy castle one :awesome:

I think my favourite is probably.

Interviewer "So who was it that came up with the name 'Orange in a cemmetary?'

Matt: "Umm. You?"

:LOL::LOL:

I can just imagen the way Matt says it, like dead sarcastically and confused. :LOL:

ha! never heard that one, that's brilliant :LOL:

I love this one :D

Matt: *looks under a skirt on a mannequin* There's nothing there. Er so I'm Matt from a band called Muse.

:LOL:

I can just imagen the way Matt says it, like dead sarcastically and confused. :LOL:

Orange in a cemmetary! :awesome: Hahah, love it.

Wasn't the original quote Origin of Symmetry instead of Orange in a cemetery? I'm not sure, but I think that quote might have evolved to Orange in a cemetery after someone on Muselive photoshopped an alternative album art for OoS with a title of Orange in a Cemetery and oranges everywhere. I'm not sure though, I'm probably wrong.

It was an online fan question thing wasn't it? When someone said 'who was it that came up with orange in a cemetary?' and matt's answer was 'umm....you?'

Even though, if you watch Hullabaloo, there's a close up of the OoS album with orange in a cemetary written on it in felt tip pen...?

My new fave quote is.

Matt: "Cheers"

Host: "That was muse"

Matt "No, we haven't finished, we got one song and a half a song to do"

Host "Well you fucked it up now aint yah"

Even though, if you watch Hullabaloo, there's a close up of the OoS album with orange in a cemetary written on it in felt tip pen...?

My new fave quote is.

:LOL:!!!!

It was an online fan question thing wasn't it? When someone said 'who was it that came up with orange in a cemetary?' and matt's answer was 'umm....you?'

Ok thanks:)

My new fave quote is.

:LOL: Is there a video for this?:awesome:

yeah it was a live chat thingy.

also, on the Hullabaloo extras there's a shot of a OoS poster, and in handwriting someone added "Orange in the cemetery" (around 15:30). (or here on 5:40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1IPo8sEHPc&feature=PlayList&p=D6F95481F96202E4&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=42#movie_player)

the original chat: (no idea where i got it from)

questions... enjoy.

Q- matt : how the hell do you stick your hair up like that, what kind of incquestionible hair stuff does that???

Matt: dax

Q - Dom : Explain how much fun it was to smash into that bigtable of booze with a quad bike at reading (i think)

Matt: a lot

Dom : it was a whole lot of fun. theres nothing like driving a golf cart into things that you know are definitely going to break. the problem is taking so much pleasure in destroying other peoples belongings.

Q - Chris: does your hair naturally go curly when you grow itor did you get a perm (admit it if you did get a perm!!!! ;-)

Matt : natural

Chris : I swear there is no perm or any other unnatural hair treatments involved

Q - Matt : how the hell do you play plug in baby so fackin fast, i suppose its just practise

Matt : erm

Q - how do you compose your songs?

Matt : there's no formula

Q - do you compose on the sheet, when you're singing or when you're playing guitar?- is it only matt who has ideas for songs?

Matt : no to both

Q- are you writing the lyrics or the music first ?

Matt : music 80% of time

Q - Matt, Have you ever considequestion writing tab books to your own songs? That would be absolutely brilliant. A lot of people are disappointed with the current tabs. Some piano songs have been arranged for guitar instead - The Gallery on Hullabaloo for instance and some tabs seem to be done awkwardly. I am not a plagiarist but would love to play all your songs on guitar and piano for myself. Definite favourites are Bliss, Space Dementia, Muscle Museum, Micro Cuts, Dark Shines and too many others I do understand if you don't like people playing your stuff for personal reasons. I just think a lot of money and VERY pleased fans would be on the cards

Matt : i'll look into it

Q - Do you have an address where people can write to you?

Matt : i think so, ask tom

Tom : I’m in the process of sorting out a PO Box and will have a confirmed Muse Address for any post within the next couple of weeks. When it’s set I’ll post it on the news page.

Q - Why didn't you use the piano for Dark Shines on Hullabaloo? (if you did then I apologise because it doesn't sound like you did) I think the piano makes a great sound before you start singing "Darkshines..."

Mat t: i can't run over to the piano then back again quick enough

Q - "What does "H Eight" mean?"

Mat t: Using a microcomputer (Hitachi H8 / 3048F) which can

be built into the industrialmachines, you can learn and understand the inputs /outputs of the microcomputer as a basis of robot control and conduct theexperiments by C-language for steppingmotor control, servomotor control (PWM control) and serial communication. H8 model, a 16-bit microcomputer consists of 32-bit registers, has a flash ROM of 128KB, a RAM of 4KB (SRAM) with external extension of 128KB and 78 I/O terminals with the built-in A/D and D/Aconverters. H8 is a microcomputer usually built into a TV, VTR, mobile-phone and car navigator. Since it has ample I/O terminals, H8 microcomputer is also used as a brain of a small robot.

Q - What kind of digital piano do you use?

Matt : i did use some roland thing, but im getting a new one soon... cant decide between Kawai MP9500 or General Music Promega3

Q - Is it true that you taught yourself to play the guitar? Does that apply for piano as well and if not where did you learn the piano?

Matt : i had a few lessons on spanish guitar, but not on piano

Q - Are you going to ever use the riff that you used to play before sunburn live, in a song? I noticed that the riff from 'get a grip' was used live in between songs from even before OOS came out. I think its the best riff I've ever heard and you would do well to use it.

Matt : isnt it a bit aerosmith?

Dom : we haven’t used it as a full track yet. it was always just a riff to play in a live situation which is where it worked best. i think we tried to play it in a rehearsal situation, but it doesn’t give you the same feeling as when you play it on a stage in front of people with fat sound in your ears. thats when it makes you want to start smashing things up.

Q - What music does the band chill out to...

Matt : chill out zone 2 / palestrina benedictus, Ocean sounds all played at the same time whilst watching the blue planet.

Chris : four freshmen, god speed you black emporer, the oxes, palestrina

Q - What was matts and chris's first guitar/bass and amp???

Matt : carlsboro stingray, trucker bass amp

Chris :I used to use an old carlsbro stingray amp that was actually a guitar amp but it was so heavy i couldn’t lift it into a car on my own so i ended up getting a little marshall combo

Q - How long have they all been playing their instruments..

Matt : 10 years

Dom : 10 years

Chris : 9 years

Q - Do they have any advise for people like me.. who have been playing a few years... and still are crap

Matt : don’t give up?

Q - What was the best thing Matt ever did to help with his guitar handling technique??

Matt : gave up guitar lessons

Q - What are the big tickertape filled balloon's all about?

Matt : check out a 70s cult TV program called ‘Prisoner’

Q - which is the best; Playstation, X box, Gamecube, nice book ?

Chris : xbox

Dom : splinter cell

Q - Questions for dom: What drummers are better than you?

Dom : theres too many to list.

Q - Who inspiquestion you to take up drumming?

Dom : stewart copeland, dave grohl, buddy rich.

Q - Out of all the instruments in a band, is drumming is probably the easiest?

Dom : its the easiest for me.

Q - Questions for chris : Do you get headaches from all that head bobbing?

Chris : I get frequent neck spasms but nothing to worry about

Q - Questions for matt: Who are your favorite band at the moment?

Matt : the yeah yeah yeah’s

Q - What was "muscle musuem SCREAMING" all about, very funny, possible drug involvement. find it on microcuts.net?

Matt : not sure what you mean

Q - who you most like to just smack across the face?

Matt : george bush

Q - what is you opinion of the band "busted"?

Matt : don’t know them

Q - Why did they stop visiting the board officially and do they visit unofficially sometimes?

Matt : there has been the odd unofficial visit, but we've been too involved in making the 3rd album, when we start touring again more website activity will commence.

Dom : we all visit the board quite a lot, we just haven’t posted on it for while. its going to kick off.

Q - Oh, I wanted to ask something similar to cookie Are you still going to interact with your fans or you're too busy / too big for it? Remember, they used to visit this place, took part in chats, invited fans for their parties, videos etc.

Dom : we will allways try and interact with fans as much as possible. I dont think any band is too big for their fans and as soon as you think you are, you end up looking like the singer out of Live.

Q - Should we expect any changes on stage? E.g. more spectacular show, different instruments?

Matt : yes, you'll have to wait and see...

Dom : there are definitely going to be changes on stage which we're working on at the moment, and of course its going to be bigger and more spectacular. I think with this album we will all have to push ourselves further on stage with more instrumentation.

Q - Do you like playing bigger or smaller venues and why?

Matt : dunno, sometimes the sound is crap in really small places but it can be a more intimate atmosphere than a large venue. but there is a kind of excitement in a large venue which can be spectacular.

Chris : I think both venues are good for different reasons. Small gigs are grat because of the intimacy. I think some of the best gigs ive ever seen have been at small venues. But big gigs are cool too purely because of the amount of people that you are palying too. Its a great view.

Dom : i like both for different reasons. its amazing to play in a large venue in front of thousands of people. to comprehend that many people coming to see us play, what they look like from the stage and what is sounds like when thousands of people respond to our songs, is a really amazing experience. But when we play in smaller venues there is a raw, intermit and spontaneous energy that can lack in large venues.

Q - Matt : When was the last time you took magic mushrooms ?

Matt : last year

Q - All : Who came up with the name "Orange in a Cemetary"

Matt : you?

Q - Matt : How did he come up with the ideas in what effects to put in his Mansun guitars, and why. Plus why didn’t he use the black one more on the hullabaloo that’s well his best one.

Matt : i put effects in the guitar so i can do certain effects when i am away from the pedal board. the black one probably is the best, i might use it a bit more live. but im thinking of getting a new one

Q - Marmite: Love it or hate it ?

Matt : chris : heaven matt : ive just been sick dom : im a poof

Chris: Love it

Dom: i used to hate it, now i love it.

first time I tried a quote, hope it works:)

Matt's answer for his opinion on Marmite is absolute gold :awesome::LOL:

:LOL: Yes, I've just worked that out (I think). Is he answering for all of them? And being a wind-up!

I think it's funny how all Matt's answers are really brief until someone asks him about H8 and he replies with a whole paragraph of techno-jumble!:LOL: Well techno jumble to me anyway. :LOL: Suddenly he's interested! :LOL:

Thanks for posting.:)

PS Good thread!:) I'll have to catch up!

Matt's answer for his opinion on Marmite is absolute gold :awesome::LOL:

Agreed :LOL: made me laugh

This is a bit from another live online chat they did:

do you reale think that you wild be famous??? hahahahahahahahahahahahah YOU SUCK AND YOU CAN`T SING.

MUSE - haha, nice use of your time there,,, erm i have no intention to be famous, just make music i like... what are you doing with your life aye? you can fuck off and die you little cunt arse shit face wanker hahahahahahah

Good response Matt :LOL: he was trying to keep it cool but he let out his annoyance at the end :LOL::LOL:

do you reale think that you wild be famous??? hahahahahahahahahahahahah YOU SUCK AND YOU CAN`T SING.

MUSE - haha, nice use of your time there,,, erm i have no intention to be famous, just make music i like... what are you doing with your life aye? you can fuck off and die you little cunt arse shit face wanker hahahahahahah

Love it! :LOL: That told him!:LOL:

I wonder how Matt would respond to that kind of thing now?

I'm just gonna pick out the best Matt quotes from that chat :LOL:

What do you think about a bandname like Sycamore?

MUSE - its a good name. Do you like trees?

I've never heard of you before! can you please tell me who you are?? Age,and names fx.

MUSE - its a band called MUES AND THE OTHERS, we are a classical funk jazz punk voodoo doll lofi pop swing crooning visionary sexplendid explosive bluesy noisy hateful dirty beautiful blissful experimental histrionic 3-piece band };->

What do you wish for your new album, do you think that it gone be a big hit? What do you guy's do one your free-time? Do you new some great singers like Robbie Williams Backstreet boys Westlife??? From a guy who think you guy's suger dere er r�va homser er dere sikkert ogs� javela idioter:)That was just a compliment you guy's .......... [from a guy who thinks you guy's you suck and your all proberly gay's and idiots:)]

MUSE - oh you are very funny, i almost laughed

MUSE - we just love backstreet boy and westlife, we all great mates. we all go drinking together, normally meet up with britney and have a big chat about how famous we are and are going to be and how much money we�ve got. then we gang bang the spears.

Are everyone drop out from school? Dont you go to school? But have u ever heard Motorpsycho? Peace!!

MUSE - i dropped out of college, so i am not a very educated person... hmmm, my english skills are worst than yours, and you are norweiganananan

Why are people crying in the video "muscle museum"

MUSE - Because its terrible

IS ROCK N ROLL DEAD?IF NOT SO,WICH BANDS,BESIDES YOURSELF OF COURSE,ARE CARRYING THE FLAG?

MUSE - we are the last... haha, we are already dead you see, we can only be seen by people with a sixth sense

Do you see yourselfe as a britpop band? And what do you think of Oasis? By the way...your music is fab!

MUSE - no were not britpop and oasis are shite

:LOL: It's hilarious! How do we know it's Matt btw? The man's a fucking genius. If he can pull all that out of the bag in a fan chat, it makes me wonder why he can't on stage tbh!:LOL: Though obviously it's always easier behind a screen.

BTW Thanks for posting!:D

It was probably one of the other band members winding him up lol.

Nah! You get these turds!:LOL:

I've never heard of you before! can you please tell me who you are?? Age,and names fx.

MUSE - its a band called MUES AND THE OTHERS, we are a classical funk jazz punk voodoo doll lofi pop swing crooning visionary sexplendid explosive bluesy noisy hateful dirty beautiful blissful experimental histrionic 3-piece band };->

I can imagine Matt saying this at full speed... holy macaroni, this guy should come with subtitles for us english challenged people :LOL:

Archived