First of all: I AM SORRY FOR FOR ALL THE TRANSLATION MISTAKES I MADE. :$ Please forgive me I just thought that some of you would like to read this:

ENJOY. Hope you like it :LOL:

Muse - Try to Be Me (October 2003)

A little game with our favorite rockers. And it works like that: In front of us is a hat filled with little papers with questions or unfinished sentences on them. Each one of the participants draws one at random and has to answer it for the other two band members or in the other case finish the sentence for the other two. It's very interesting what that can reveal...

Matt (draws): "My biggest material wissh." Hmm for Dom it would be a kite and for Chris it has to be a beautiful fishing boat that is located outside Plymouth.

Dom: Well you have to know something like that. (draws the next paper) "There was a day on which I wanted to leave Muse and that was..."

Matt: (almost laughs himself to death)

Chris: Oh Shit, that is a difficult one...

Dom: To find a name a specific day would be really hard, but I'd say that there were moments for Matt when everything went above his head. That was short after the release of "Origin Of Symmetry", when we partied all night and had to do 8-10 interviews the next day. For Chris: Every time when he got another kid. That happens all the time. He asks himself and us again and again: "How can I manage this all with so few time? What about the family? What about me?"

Matt: Well I never wanted to leave the band but the lifestyle we used to have. Sometimes I'd loved to change my common life to "twenty-something-existance". Sometimes this all is too much for me.

Chris (draws): "It makes me sad to see..." Jesus, what can I say here?

Matt: Remember the last interview. We had this question back then.

Chris: Correct. But do you think I can remember what you said there? Well we're not different than everybody else when it comes to this: As example the things you do and you're not sure anymore whether they are good or bad. I remember a moment when we were halfway through with recording and the three of us had the feeling that we just produced bullocks. We were not able to see a good thing in that what we've produced. This self-doubt is a very sad thing.

Matt (draws): "The simple things I love. Example..." For Chris: Kids. Dom: "look, a fish" (wild laughter)

VISIONS: wtf?

Matt: Dom loves fishing. But only because of the fishing part. When he catches something he just says: "Look a fish!", then he throws 'em back into the water. He used to be a animal rights campaigner. He also likes watching ducks.

Dom (draws): "What I like the most on the other two..." (big laughter) For Matt: My occasional funny jokes.

Chris: Dom can, if he wants to, be a little David Brandon. A real comedy-guy.

Dom: What Chris has to like on me would be my easy-going attidude. I think that he wants to take life as easy as I do.

Chris (draws): "When we argue, I'm the guy who..." Okay that's not hard. For Matt I'd say that he is very convincing - he wins almost every argument because he talks as long as it takes for us that there is simply no other way than accept what he thinks is right. On the other hand Dom dosn't argue. He's more the guy, who... who... what was that word again?

Dom: Passive? (laughter)

Chris: No, never mind. He thinks that arguing is wasted time. He tries to avoid it wherever it is possible.

Matt is more the guy who goes for confrontation. Matt (he has read all the papers from the hat in the meantime and the ones that he likes the most set aside on his side): "My three records to take on a lonly island." For Chris: "Pet Sounds" from Beach Boys, "Aftertaste" from Helmet and Nirvana "In Utero". For Dom: Box Car Racer - everything, Blink 182 - everything, and Sum 41 - the new one. (heavy laughter)

VISIONS: You are not serious, are you?

Dom: What he wants to say: He doesn't like it that I enjoy Poppunk. What in fact is true besides like 2000 other bands that I like.

Matt: Really, you listen to something differen? To what? When did you do that the last time? 1997?

Chris: (beats on his thighs while laughing)

Dom: Lick my ass. I don't bully you over your classic stuff. (draws the next paper from Matts special-pile, who shows him his middle finger) "my big love" For Chris: Music and family. And for Matt? (thinks) His fingernails! Else he wouldn't chew on them all the time.

Matt: Dumbass. I'm currently trying to get out of that habit!

Dom: Yeah right... Since when? 1997? No seriously: His guitar and his girlfriend. In that order. And his piano somewhere in the middle of those two.

Chris (draws): "Wenn I am 35, then I will be..." Jesus Christ, I've never thought about that one coube become that old.

Dom: Oh god, now he has to think. That's destined to fail, chris! (huge laughter)

Chris: For Matt that is pretty sure. He wants the usual: A big house with a built in studio, two or maybe three kids and release every few years a new album. For Dom: When he's a grown up until then what is very unlikely, perhaps the same. At the moment I'd say: He will drive aroung with a fleet of of expensive cars, a new girl on the co-driver's seat every evening, and an invitationto every after-show party on this planet in his glove box.

Dom: Something wrong with that? All this is not really important. I just hope that still someone wants to play some music with me then. Everything else doesn't really matter.

Matt (draws): "The perfect sex." Does it really mean THAT? You mean sex? Making love?

VISIONS: Yes.

Matt: Okay. For Chris that is very simple: On a homy, comfortable couch in the living room, next to him a few cans of beer, some salty crackers. Best would be during a commercial break between two parts of "Who wants to be a millionaire?". Most importantly the kids are asleep. For once...

Chris (laughs himself almost to death, falls almost off his chair, jumps around the whole room) When you've got such a big family you think of things other than sex!

Mattew: Dom: In his car. Best would be he drives and the girl on him with her back faceing him. (everyone laughs)

VISIONS: Thank you very much. That was very interesting.

Dom: Yes. Very informative for everyone.

DEADSTAR;7336963']

Matt: Okay. For Chris that is very simple: On a homy, comfortable couch in the living room, next to him a few cans of beer, some salty crackers. Best would be during a commercial break between two parts of "Who wants to be a millionaire?". Most importantly the kids are asleep. For once...

Chris (laughs himself almost to death, falls almost off his chair.

My reaction to that exactly :LOL:

Wish there was a video of this. What's the date of the interview?

:LOL: wow.....

DEADSTAR;7336963']First of all: I AM SORRY FOR FOR ALL THE TRANSLATION MISTAKES I MADE. :$ Please forgive me I just thought that some of you would like to read this:

ENJOY. Hope you like it :LOL:

Thanks for the translation! :)

Matt (draws): "The simple things I love. Example..." For Chris: Kids. Dom: "look, a fish" (wild laughter)

VISIONS: wtf?

Matt: Dom loves fishing. But only because of the fishing part. When he catches something he just says: "Look a fish!", then he throws 'em back into the water. He used to be a animal rights campaigner. He also likes watching ducks.

:pope:

:unsure:

My reaction to that exactly :LOL:

Wish there was a video of this. What's the date of the interview?

Haha I wish there was :D

The interview was in issue Visions 127 (10.10.2003) EDITED!!!

@everyone else: Thank you for your appriciation. That way I'd love to translate more stuff for you guys if I see some more worth to do so :D

DEADSTAR;7337135']

@everyone else: Thank you for your appriciation. That way I'd love to translate more stuff for you guys if I see some more worth to do so

In the words of Dom:Very informative for everyone.:D

I ought to let Dom know there are over 100 ducks in the canal near my flat.:LOL:

Thanx for doing the translation. More please.

Archived