Worst Muse crowd?

Luigi.

Obviously I can't say this for everyone there, because I was too busy looking at da Myooze than the crowd :p

But on the first night at the 02 I had front row seats, but at the back centre, and the people around me sat down the whole time, were talking and most of them didn't even -SIAA!!

The second night on the other hand were awesome :cool:

Second o2 date was the best :awesome: Everyone where I was dancing/shouting/Siaa'ing :LOL:

Having only been to one concert, I have nothing to compare with, but the Danish crowd last year wasn't very good... Many jerks, and we could have been much louder!

We did, however, completely drown out the music during the Plug In Baby choruses...

I agree that the crowd wasn't optimal, but from where I was (maybe 10 rows behind the barrier, Matt's side) there was loads of jumping and clapping and so forth.

Most people around me didn't seem to know many of the songs apart from the obvious ones (Uprising, Starlight, Plug in baby, TiRO), but they still clapped and jumped in beat with the ones they didn't know. I caused a fun incident during Unnatural selection - I neglected the first 2 choruses "Oi!" so when the 3. and final chorus came up I was shouting along as loud as I could. The people around me turned to me confused, not knowing what I was shouting about until they realized I was going along with the song. :chuckle: Then they joined in. :D

But yeah, Plug in Baby was absolutely positively awesome. There was loads of singing in Starlight as well, but that didn't carry the punch as Plug in Baby did. When the balloons came out it was all. :awesome:

I think overall we had a decent crowd, but people didn't know the songs very well. At least the people around me were more than game to jump in on my hopping and clapping on the songs they didn't seem to recognise. :happy:

+1

People who keep moaning about tall people can piss off. They have as much right to be there as anyone. It's not their fault they are tall.

Exactly I am quite tall, if some random person was trying to take my place at the barrier or kept complaining I wouldn't be polite about it. If I made friends with them in the queue or I knew them, then yeah I'd let them go there. I did that for some girl at the HP premiere. She got there just a few minutes after me (about 9am) and we soon got talking as she was quite short and me tall I let her go infront of me. But otherwise no. Don't mess with barrier people

+1

People who keep moaning about tall people can piss off. They have as much right to be there as anyone. It's not their fault they are tall.

Innit. Sucks to be short! If you people want to be able to see drag yourself out of bed at 4am and get to the front of the queue.

Exactly I am quite tall, if some random person was trying to take my place at the barrier or kept complaining I wouldn't be polite about it. If I made friends with them in the queue or I knew them, then yeah I'd let them go there. I did that for some girl at the HP premiere. She got there just a few minutes after me (about 9am) and we soon got talking as she was quite short and me tall I let her go infront of me. But otherwise no. Don't mess with barrier people

+1.

Somebody tried to bite me once. Bitch :erm:

They tried to BITE you?! :stunned:

Innit. Sucks to be short! If you people want to be able to see drag yourself out of bed at 4am and get to the front of the queue.

Yep to both of you :yesey:

I must be very selfish because if I were tall (which I'm not) I wouldn't let anyone in front of me! Even if I knew them!:eek::LOL:

:LOL: <3

Seeing as the gig in Oslo has been my only one so far, I have sort of lived in a constant haze about it ever since. I was in the back, in a sitting-area, which I was bummed about beforehand, but me and my friends went ballistic anyway, so that was okay, we had so much fun and most of the people around us were crazy and it was lovely. Anyway, I remember this chick I went to school with told us earlier that day that she was going as well, and that was cool, of course. However, when we arrived at the venue we realized she was seated on the row behind us (which is odd, because the place isn't THAT small) and she was like sitting down and looking mopey the whole time, and I was embarrassed to know her.

But all over, the crowd was insane. There were just the odd person here and there who looked like they went just to be able to tell people they'd been there.

Seeing as the gig in Oslo has been my only one so far, I have sort of lived in a constant haze about it ever since. I was in the back, in a sitting-area, which I was bummed about beforehand, but me and my friends went ballistic anyway, so that was okay, we had so much fun and most of the people around us were crazy and it was lovely. Anyway, I remember this chick I went to school with told us earlier that day that she was going as well, and that was cool, of course. However, when we arrived at the venue we realized she was seated on the row behind us (which is odd, because the place isn't THAT small) and she was like sitting down and looking mopey the whole time, and I was embarrassed to know her.

But all over, the crowd was insane. There were just the odd person here and there who

looked like they went just to be able to tell people they'd been there.

I had a standing ticket, and the crowd was a little boring. Didn't look like the people with seats moved at all. But it was better than usual (or so I've heard) as Norwegians and Spektrum isn't always a good combination.

I had a standing ticket, and the crowd was a little boring. Didn't look like the people with seats moved at all. But it was better than usual (or so I've heard) as Norwegians and Spektrum isn't always a good combination.

Oh, from where I was standing (because I refused to sit the fuck down) the floor looked amazing. And I was pleased to see most of the people around me singing along and dancing and whatnot. But I get how the seated sections look dull from the floor, and I don't ever get seated tickets to gigs if I have the option.

I guess the U2 show I went to in Charlottesville. We actually got yelled at by a stuck up family sitting behind us cause we were standing and singing along. The U2 crowd were complete jerks, I felt a little embarrassed since the four of us, who actually enjoyed Muse, we're dancing around like complete idiots while everyone else just sat and conversed with themselves.

I was at the U2 concert at Giant's Stadium. The crowd was horrible!!!! There were actually people in my section sipping coffee while MUSE was on! I wanted to kick the dunkin donuts cups right out of their hands!:eek:

I was at the U2 concert at Giant's Stadium. The crowd was horrible!!!! There were actually people in my section sipping coffee while MUSE was on! I wanted to kick the dunkin donuts cups right out of their hands!:eek:

:noey: That's just ridiculous. I mean I understand if you don't know the band at all, but at least give them respect because the band your going to see was in that exact same position at some point as well! When we saw The Killers the opening band wasn't good at all but I still listened and clapped to each song. I still gave them respect. I also went to see Sherwood (check them out, they're awesome) at a VERY small venue and they were just the openers but they were stunning. The crowd laughed at every joke the singer made and he talked to the audience so much. We were so close up front and every cheered and clapped after each song. That's the way the opening band ought to be treated. It was fantastic.

I had never heard of nor listened to Muse at all before i saw them at the U2 show in DC. I was in the inner circle and it was probably the first time in my life that an opening band had totally blown me away like that. I am fifty years old and have been to many many shows over the years, Rundgren, zappa, stones , led zep, Queen, thin lizzy etc. From the moment they came on until they left the stage i was totally immersed in their music and just really dug how they seemed to fuse everything i liked about classic rock, progressive rock and lyrics that were intelligent and still had a sense of humor. Consequently I left that show, bought the new CD and the live album and now hold tickets to the baltimore show. probably this is the reason they took the opening slot in the first place. Replace any bands name with Muse on most of these threads and you have an identicle forum for said band. Nothing more irritating than the people who try and keep a band to themselves and denigrate other shows where they were not the headliner. I doubt all the Muse audience will be in their seats at rapt attention for Silversun pickups!

Oh, from where I was standing (because I refused to sit the fuck down) the floor looked amazing. And I was pleased to see most of the people around me singing along and dancing and whatnot. But I get how the seated sections look dull from the floor, and I don't ever get seated tickets to gigs if I have the option.

Yeah. And it was really hot on the floor and little space! I almost fainted, haha. Was totally dehydrated after not having drunk any water for hours. I was almost at the barrier, and it was a little difficult to see.

I had never heard of nor listened to Muse at all before i saw them at the U2 show in DC. I was in the inner circle and it was probably the first time in my life that an opening band had totally blown me away like that. I am fifty years old and have been to many many shows over the years, Rundgren, zappa, stones , led zep, Queen, thin lizzy etc. From the moment they came on until they left the stage i was totally immersed in their music and just really dug how they seemed to fuse everything i liked about classic rock, progressive rock and lyrics that were intelligent and still had a sense of humor. Consequently I left that show, bought the new CD and the live album and now hold tickets to the baltimore show. probably this is the reason they took the opening slot in the first place. Replace any bands name with Muse on most of these threads and you have an identicle forum for said band. Nothing more irritating than the people who try and keep a band to themselves and denigrate other shows where they were not the headliner. I doubt all the Muse audience will be in their seats at rapt attention for Silversun pickups!

Very lovely post, and welcome to the world of Muse. I'm sure you'll find your stay quite enjoyable. I respect people like you who actually take the time to listen to the lyrics of songs and the music instead of just quickly dismissing a song because it doesn't fit your genre. :)

Archived