Worst Muse crowd?

Luigi.

Except when we did the 'fuckin fuckin fucking little fucking fucker' bit. Oh the dirty looks we got then.:LOL: I thought it was funny more than anything, their problem if they want to stand around looking miserable and get a tad excited during supermassive and feeling good.:rolleyes:

The people around us were idiots but the people I was with were awesome so it was all good. Sang, danced, rocked out, irish danced to burning bridges and of course then there was the screaming, ringing people and general freaking out over Mk Ultra. We certainly didn't make any friends around us after that.:LOL:

Hee hee yup :D It was still an awesome gig because of the latter stuff :happy:

Gah, I hate them people! It's worse when you queue for ages then they come from nowhere and go 'I'm smaller than you so could I go in front'? Erm... no... get here earlier next time.

Or... is that just mean?

No, I would say that too if I didnt see them at all in the queue. Just because you're short doesn't mean you have the right to push your way to the front.

I can kinda understand why the crowds have been shit. If you buy a muse ticket because you like Starlight, Supermassive, Uprising etc and don't listen to their albums but go because a friend recommended them or you bought a ticket based on a few songs then you might not enjoy New Born, MoTP, Hysteria etc. However, why on earth would you pay £40 to go see a band you only know a few songs from, go near the front and then get moody when other people jump around?

Madness.

I guess the U2 show I went to in Charlottesville. We actually got yelled at by a stuck up family sitting behind us cause we were standing and singing along. The U2 crowd were complete jerks, I felt a little embarrassed since the four of us, who actually enjoyed Muse, we're dancing around like complete idiots while everyone else just sat and conversed with themselves.

yeah I went to that show. It wasn't awful though. I saw some people in standing jumping around and clapping. Now all of them, but you could tell those who were were Musers. Where I was sitting there were a couple of guys with shirts on that said "Matthew Fucking Bellamy" and they were quite enthusiastic and awesome. So they weren't bad.. I did however expect more excitement or acknowledgment there...

I can kinda understand why the crowds have been shit. If you buy a muse ticket because you like Starlight, Supermassive, Uprising etc and don't listen to their albums but go because a friend recommended them or you bought a ticket based on a few songs then you might not enjoy New Born, MoTP, Hysteria etc. However, why on earth would you pay £40 to go see a band you only know a few songs from, go near the front and then get moody when other people jump around?

Madness.

Exactly it really baffles me sometimes. Muse tickets aren't cheap and they sell out mega quick, so it makes me wonder do those kind of people do what we do, set their alarms, refresh their computer etc.. to get a ticket. Because they act as if they don't know the band at all at the gig :LOL:

Exactly it really baffles me sometimes. Muse tickets aren't cheap and they sell out mega quick, so it makes me wonder do those kind of people do what we do, set their alarms, refresh their computer etc.. to get a ticket. Because they act as if they don't know the band at all at the gig :LOL:

Or they buy them off ebay, which is even more ridiculous.

Muse are flavour of the month though, it's cool to see Muse.

Gah, I hate them people! It's worse when you queue for ages then they come from nowhere and go 'I'm smaller than you so could I go in front'? Erm... no... get here earlier next time.

Or... is that just mean?

No, I agree with you. Idk, I let someone smaller in front of me at Biffy a few years ago because she really was getting battered, but I don't mind that kind of thing. . .it's when someone rocks up later and says "O hai can has in front of you plz?". . .that's what bugs me. Like, sure, someone really nice might let you in front, but don't expect it, ffs.

In terms of icky Muse crowd. . .idk really. I did have a scary moment in Australia in 2007 when the barrier went over and people kept moving forward, but I think people genuinely were confused as to what was going on, and once the barrier was back up, the crowd was pretty rocking.

Liverpool last year was. . .odd, for lack of a better word. From where I was (barrier in front of Chris), people seemed to be into it, but then I had this girl behind me who stood there with her arms crossed through the whole thing, and went "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?" when they started playing New Born :stunned:

That's what I don't understand. On the day the tickets went on sale people on this forum were going mental because the servers were failing. Why would you even bother to go to the hassle if you're just going to stand there looking bored? Someone even mentioned that people were having full on conversations during certain songs.

That's what I don't understand. On the day the tickets went on sale people on this forum were going mental because the servers were failing. Why would you even bother to go to the hassle if you're just going to stand there looking bored? Someone even mentioned that people were having full on conversations during certain songs.

Yeah, I had that at a Nine Inch Nails gig, two guys acting as if they had just come out of work and gone down the pub :noey: Good for them they have mates with spare cash to throw about

my v-fest chelms experience wasn't too bad. my buddies and i were about 4 rows back from chris' side and we had a blast.

Mine was fine too but then we were on the barrier from the moment the gates opened and stayed there til Muse left the stage so didn't really interact with anyone at all!:LOL::LOL:

Mind you, had an interesting selection of items land on my head, strangest being a pack of playing cards! :wtf::LOL:

I agree about the Tinmuff crowds. What a bloody joke. And that 'I'm a local, so I'm entitled to get in front of you' schtick got real old, real quick. If I got here before you, then you better fuck off behind me where you belong.

The crowd where we were in Birmingham - barrier in front of Matt - were really fucking into it. It was mint! I never looked up to check out what the stands were like, though. The view in front was mighty distracting. The security dudes were nice and let us dump our shizz on the otherside of the barrier, and there was so much movement, I swear I ended up about 3 metres to the right of where I'd left my bag! Defo my favourite gig of the tour.

Least favourite was Rotterdam. Damn, the Dutch are boring (no offence! I'm actually Dutch myself - just wasn't born there). Was on the barrier, and had a good foot of space behind me, instead of someone rammed right up against my back. Didn't even break a light sweat. Was unnatural and wrong.

Here's a pic of Birmingham - the floor looks great but there's a grand total of 3 people up in front of me and I'm on the back row:LOL:

Well, if it's anything like the Upper Tier at the MEN Arena, I don't blame people for staying seated. I was so dizzy with the height and steepness getting to my seat, I only felt OK when I was sitting.

On the flip side, I can't stand when there are 6'5" people at the barrier. TWICE that happened to me last year, one night after the other really really tall bulky guys were directly in front of me and I had to keep bending and twisting around to see past them.

Ok, I mean this in the nicest possible way but if those people queued from the early hrs to get the barrier I don't see why they should have to move just because you are shorter than them.

Ok, I mean this in the nicest possible way but if those people queued from the early hrs to get the barrier I don't see why they should have to move just because you are shorter than them.

+1

People who keep moaning about tall people can piss off. They have as much right to be there as anyone. It's not their fault they are tall.

Obviously I can't say this for everyone there, because I was too busy looking at da Myooze than the crowd :p

But on the first night at the 02 I had front row seats, but at the back centre, and the people around me sat down the whole time, were talking and most of them didn't even -SIAA!!

The second night on the other hand were awesome :cool:

Archived