Worst Muse crowd?

Luigi.

I don't know about the worst crowd, but I think I can say who was overwhelmingly the best...

:chuckle:

But seriously, I didn't really notice any problems with the U2 crowd in Charlottesville (and oddly enough, if i recall, I was sitting like one section over from matchu, who complained about this crowd earlier in the thread :LOL:) The people around me weren't standing or anything, but then they didn't really stand during U2, so...! I thought they seemed pretty respectful of the band, they were listening, not really talking to each other or anything, they just didn't know the music. At least the stadium wasn't mostly empty like it was for the NY shows :noey:

My only problem there was this idiotic group of like 6 people who decided they just NEEDED to come in and try to find their seats as soon as Plug In Baby started and stand there, and yell to each other, and generally all around get in the way :indiff: They were there for half the song. I knew it would be the last song and I just wanted to scream at them to get out of the way, wait like 3 frickin minutes and then the lights would come on and they could find the stupid seats!

Birmingham last year crowd was terrible - No enthusiasm, no energy, totally depressing. Was my second Muse gig, and first seeing them live solo too, V Fest Stafford crowd were amazing, I had some drunken chav who had obviously never heard of Muse, stand next to me during Dead Star and he had his arms up in the air, jumping around, trying to sing the words, then after he turned to me and goes, who are these, they're fucking awesome.

I know I've succeeded when I've introduced a chav to Muse :p

I was at first night at the O2, my only Muse concert so far.

The crowd weren't too bad, but they weren't the greatest crowd in the world. Plug in Baby, Time is Running Out and Knights of Cydonia were very well recieved though. I was in seats and most of the people in my block looked really into it - particulary 3 people about my age 3 rows in-front, and the Spanish couple me and my dad were next too.

Worst crowd I've had was Depeche Mode in Birmingham - for the first 4 songs, they were as still as statues and they only really woke up when I Feel You came on, about 3 songs before the encore.

birmingham is getting a bad rep here poor guys :p

the liverpool crowd seemed pretty into it last year. the guys infront of us were going nuts and knew all the words and we were in a small standing crowd which meant we got to burst two balloons which is good cause this year with 35000 standing in Manchester i'm going to have to be quite lucky :( also if Birmingham are getting a bad rep for a crowd how did they get the first play of MK ultra???? it should of been played in Sheffeild first then on every date of the uk tour

the Birmingham crowd was pretty awful. Got stuck standing behind a family who didn't move, tap a foot or even clap at the end of songs. :erm:

Actually yeah, standing looked good, plenty of pits ect, but sitting was shit. I was in front of a really boring and sulky family who told me to sit down when I was standing up at my seat, the dicks.

Birmingham crowd where I was were good! Some complete and utter random went mental with me and my friend when MK started hahaha we all started spaffing and I think he jumped on my friend lol :LOL:

This, the crowd was great where I was. Besides the less people jumping around makes it easier to mosh through them to the front! (which is what I did)

Teignmouth first night and Birmingham in November. That crowd were terrible

Was also on Chris's side. Most people around us looked so bored and gormless, we even got told off for dancing and singing. They really pissed me off at times

I was in the pit at B'ham and it was pretty lively where we were, about 5th row from barrier on Chris' side. Started out dead center but it got too tight, were lifted right off our feet, so moved off to the side a bit. Was having too much fun singing, jumping, etc to notice if anyone else wasn't!:LOL:

At Deck the Hall Ball in Seattle, seems like lots of the audience were there for the other bands (Metric, Vampire Weekend, Phoenix, 30 Seconds to Mars) so a lot of people had no clue about Muse's songs. I was with Melanie/Wicked and Divine; we went squeeeeeee when we heard the first few notes of MK Ultra -- great as an opener btw! -- and people around us didn't seem to get it. One guy right in front of me was completely motionless thru the whole set! During PIB -- who can not move during PIB?? -- I was about to check for a pulse!

With the Birmingham crowd, it was clear there was parts of the crowd that were loving it. I was about a quarter of the way back, towards chris. It was something I didn't enjoy at all, and spoilt the gig a little bit. I went mental when I first realised MK ULTRA was about to be played. The amount of filthy looks I got was unreal.

I was in the pit at B'ham and it was pretty lively where we were, about 5th row from barrier on Chris' side. Started out dead center but it got too tight, were lifted right off our feet, so moved off to the side a bit. Was having too much fun singing, jumping, etc to notice if anyone else wasn't!:LOL:

We were stood about there too :erm: Honestly not much movement around us at all

Seconding the Birmingham crowd. Around Matts side they looked pretty awesome. I was on Chris' side and they were so stationary it was embarrasing.

I was on the back row of seating on Chris' side at Birmingham and yes, the people below us were static - I was so pleased to be at the back and I stood for the whole gig - I must say the floor looked really lively from up there. In people's defence of sitting down, the heat rising up to the top of the arena was horrendous.

It would be great if we could be enrolled into some sort of system where we are allocated a block together so we can all stand to our heart's desire instead of being spread amongs non-musers.

I know. This girl was really annoying us. She kept throwing us dirty looks and telling us to move. Fuck off will we. The only song where she showed any kind of interaction was during Feeling Good :rolleyes:

Except when we did the 'fuckin fuckin fucking little fucking fucker' bit. Oh the dirty looks we got then.:LOL: I thought it was funny more than anything, their problem if they want to stand around looking miserable and get a tad excited during supermassive and feeling good.:rolleyes:

Birmingham crowd where I was were good! Some complete and utter random went mental with me and my friend when MK started hahaha we all started spaffing and I think he jumped on my friend lol :LOL:

The people around us were idiots but the people I was with were awesome so it was all good. Sang, danced, rocked out, irish danced to burning bridges and of course then there was the screaming, ringing people and general freaking out over Mk Ultra. We certainly didn't make any friends around us after that.:LOL:

I've never been to a Muse gig where all the crowd have been "boring", I suppose there are the odd people at all the gigs. For aggression and twat-ness it would be V Festival at Chelmsford and Bologna.

V fest really was twat central, particularly during the Kooks. Also had a stupid fan girl bint bugging me for quite a lot of the gig on the right of me at the barrier in Teignmouth but good gigs all in all. I'm a git because I wouldn't let her in front of me.:rolleyes: Think thats it really. Get them everywhere.

I've never been to a Muse gig where all the crowd have been "boring", I suppose there are the odd people at all the gigs. For aggression and twat-ness it would be V Festival at Chelmsford and Bologna.

I totally second you about V fest at chelmsford. It was the worst gig I've ever been too because of the crowd who didn't let us enjoy at all, my friends and I were all in the first row and spent the gig crying.

V fest really was twat central, particularly during the Kooks. Also had a stupid fan girl bint bugging me for quite a lot of the gig on the right of me at the barrier in Teignmouth but good gigs all in all. I'm a git because I wouldn't let her in front of me.:rolleyes: Think thats it really. Get them everywhere.

Gah, I hate them people! It's worse when you queue for ages then they come from nowhere and go 'I'm smaller than you so could I go in front'? Erm... no... get here earlier next time.

Or... is that just mean?

Teignmouth, the crowd was sooooo boring. I agree about the twats at V festival too.

Gah, I hate them people! It's worse when you queue for ages then they come from nowhere and go 'I'm smaller than you so could I go in front'? Erm... no... get here earlier next time.

Or... is that just mean?

Yeah it pisses me off as well.

I'm pretty sure that you never been to a portuguese gig ;)

Best one: Portugal, Spain and Japan

Worst: USA (ohai zombies),

Archived