Who, from Muse, would you rather be stuck on a deserted island with?

Lizz24

Who would you rather be stuck on a desert island with?  

302 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather be stuck on a desert island with?

• Matt
    • Dom
    • Chris

So do conspiracy theories stem from paranoia?

Or is that just what "they" want you to think?

I voted for being stuck on the island w/Matt- he seems to think outside the box, so if there were any way to get us off the island, I'm confident he'd find it. And if we couldn't leave, at least I'd be entertained...

matt

because he has survival skills, so wed proably live for quite long

and hed probably be the most interesting to talk to for days

and becuase im about as likely to go insane as he is and insanitys generally quite fun when you share it with someone

and...becuase id also quite like to get him alone :D

You bring up some good points there :LOL:

I voteed for Dommeh, but it was very hard to decise between him or MaTT, I figured Chris would miss his family too much, and Matt would Miss his lady friend. Dom is single, and he's very nice and I'm sure we'd maanage to have fun. Not that Matt and Chris aren't the same :$ I choose Dommeh.

I voteed for Dommeh, but it was very hard to decise between him or MaTT, I figured Chris would miss his family too much, and Matt would Miss his lady friend. Dom is single, and he's very nice and I'm sure we'd maanage to have fun. Not that Matt and Chris aren't the same :$ I choose Dommeh.

Lol. I'd quite like to hav Dom alone :)

I know I posted in here before, but I just had a thought while reading what others have contributed.

How funny would it be if Muse ended up on Gilligan's Island?

Matt would get fashion advice from Ginger, Dom would flirt with Mary-Ann and Mrs. Howell, and Chris would have enough sense to fix the freakin' hole in the S.S. Minnow so they could get off the island. :D

DOOOMMMIIINNNNNNIIICKKKK hes so amazing and just to have his warm body against me at night to kepp me warm and makes me feel safe.. <3 we can ree-populate the island...ha ha he he lol:D i know im weird my friend jmusej thinks the same

An intriguing question!

As others have pointed out, Matt's got some survival skills (but so do I, so his advantage on this point isn't as critical to me. He's also a devoted fan of "Lost," which might not be all that realistic or helpful.) The loquacious, intellectual, charming, goofy, and god knows, musical genius would be great company, especially after we learned to "agree to disagree" about certain subjects. I'd have to get used to his accent and mumbly speech, too -- or he'd have to learn to speak more clearly (I'd put my money -- or paku shells -- on the former, though.) Unfortunately, Matt also has some paranoid tendencies, is sometimes "a moody bastard" (his words), and is so drop-dead sexy he'd drive me to distraction even if the temptation wasn't mutual.

OTOH, Dom's got a truly nice and genial temperament, which could be of critical importance in the long run. It'd be ironic to band together to survive the elements, only to end up at each other's throats. Dom's probably also the best-groomed and most hygiene-oriented one (at least when he's not on a bender or hungover), which is also important, and not just for cosmetic and aesthetic reasons. [Given his wonky teeth and dubious hygiene habits, Matt'd likely come down with a killer toothache (or a weird foot rash, or abscessing acne, or something) sooner rather than later, and go about moaning over his aches and pains!] And Dom's musical instrument is that which is most technologically primitive, culturally ancient, and easily reproducible (to a degree) on an island. With experiments in crypto-Polynesian drumming and percussion to be engrossed in, and no family or g-friend to pine after, Dom would be the best set up for long-term happiness and emotional well-being.

Unfortunately, Dom would present almost as great a sexual temptation to me as Matt would, but given his penchant for going hot-tubbing with the Aussie Bikini Team (to cite but a recent example), getting physical with The Domster would probably be a bad idea, pregnancy concerns aside.

OTOOH, there's Chris, the responsible, nurturing family man. Less sexual temptation, to be sure, both ways, and considering that in premodern times approx. one in ten women died during or shortly following childbirth, just from considerations of survival alone, it'd behoove any female Muse fan to NOT. GET. PREGGERS while on the island. (And given his track record as a paterfamilias, one would absolutely not luck out and get away with any lapses with Chris.)

Ahem. Chris has also stopped drinking, which could also be important. I suspect that after seeing to immediate needs, Matt and Dom would turn their attention to figuring out how to ferment coconut milk, bamboo juice, or whatever berries, fruits, roots or grains they could find -- and that could lead to trouble! (And the world's worst-tasting Mai-Tais. :LOL: ) So as attractive and tempting as Matt and Dom are, I think for the long run, with physical survival being the top priority, Chris would be my best bet. And let's not forget, drums were Chris' original instrument...

An intriguing question!

As others have pointed out, Matt's got some survival skills (but so do I, so his advantage on this point isn't as critical to me. He's also a devoted fan of "Lost," which might not be all that realistic or helpful.) The loquacious, intellectual, charming, goofy, and god knows, musical genius would be great company, especially after we learned to "agree to disagree" about certain subjects. I'd have to get used to his accent and mumbly speech, too -- or he'd have to learn to speak more clearly (I'd put my money -- or paku shells -- on the former, though.) Unfortunately, Matt also has some paranoid tendencies, is sometimes "a moody bastard" (his words), and is so drop-dead sexy he'd drive me to distraction even if the temptation wasn't mutual.

OTOH, Dom's got a truly nice and genial temperament, which could be of critical importance in the long run. It'd be ironic to band together to survive the elements, only to end up at each other's throats. Dom's probably also the best-groomed and most hygiene-oriented one (at least when he's not on a bender or hungover), which is also important, and not just for cosmetic and aesthetic reasons. [Given his wonky teeth and dubious hygiene habits, Matt'd likely come down with a killer toothache (or a weird foot rash, or abscessing acne, or something) sooner rather than later, and go about moaning over his aches and pains!] And Dom's musical instrument is that which is most technologically primitive, culturally ancient, and easily reproducible (to a degree) on an island. With experiments in crypto-Polynesian drumming and percussion to be engrossed in, and no family or g-friend to pine after, Dom would be the best set up for long-term happiness and emotional well-being.

Unfortunately, Dom would present almost as great a sexual temptation to me as Matt would, but given his penchant for going hot-tubbing with the Aussie Bikini Team (to cite but a recent example), getting physical with The Domster would probably be a bad idea, pregnancy concerns aside.

OTOOH, there's Chris, the responsible, nurturing family man. Less sexual temptation, to be sure, both ways, and considering that in premodern times approx. one in ten women died during or shortly following childbirth, just from considerations of survival alone, it'd behoove any female Muse fan to NOT. GET. PREGGERS while on the island. (And given his track record as a paterfamilias, one would absolutely not luck out and get away with any lapses with Chris.)

Ahem. Chris has also stopped drinking, which could also be important. I suspect that after seeing to immediate needs, Matt and Dom would turn their attention to figuring out how to ferment coconut milk, bamboo juice, or whatever berries, fruits, roots or grains they could find -- and that could lead to trouble! (And the world's worst-tasting Mai-Tais. :LOL: ) So as attractive and tempting as Matt and Dom are, I think for the long run, with physical survival being the top priority, Chris would be my best bet. And let's not forget, drums were Chris' original instrument...

:eek:

so much detail!

Matt knows a lot of survival skills and how to kill chickens so he would be helpful. But his love of conspiracies and ramblings might get on my nerves which would only be enhanced because he would be the only person there, so I might kill him.

Dom doesn't know many survival skills but seems like a nice survival companion, and I'm sure my hours devoted to watching Man vs Wild could help us a teensy bit.

Chris is more of a family guy so hopefully he would protect me from tigers or something. And he seems strong so he could probably kill chickens too.

Matt knows a lot of survival skills and how to kill chickens so he would be helpful. But his love of conspiracies and ramblings might get on my nerves which would only be enhanced because he would be the only person there, so I might kill him.

Dom doesn't know many survival skills but seems like a nice survival companion, and I'm sure my hours devoted to watching Man vs Wild could help us a teensy bit.

Chris is more of a family guy so hopefully he would protect me from tigers or something. And he seems strong so he could probably kill chickens too.

i just vote for matt

*happydancer im sure you like my sig pic :awesome: *

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say Matt :yesey: Because conversation with him is never going to get boring!! :LOL: I'd love to talk politics and conspiracy theories with him :happy:

Plus, maybe he'd be able to teach me how to sing better :erm: Unless we both happen to have our guitars for some reason. Then he can teach me to play guitar.

(Can you tell he's my hero? :rolleyes:)

Archived