The original was released in 1992. Matt, Dom and Chris would have been 13-15 at the time so it makes perfect sense really. The song sounds like pretty generic British grungey stuff that I would imagine was in abundance at the time given the popularity of bands like Nirvana and The Smashing Pumpkins.

Another bit of the Muse jigsaw, I'd say :).

OMG!!! How terrific...

I know Mega City Four are considered "fraggle rock" by some but they were one of my favourite bands way back when I was still a wee punter (well, 20 actually) ...travelled to my first ever Reading Festival in 1990 where they opened the first day (I think)! In fact I followed them all over Europe (along with Therapy? and The Wedding Present...they always seemed to play the same venues,)

Not Mega City Four's best song in my opinion (the whole of Tranzophobia is just brilliant) - but how wonderful to see that cover pop up, it will be interesting to hear Muse's take on it.

It was a very sad occasion when Wiz died two years ago, I was pretty devastated.

Perhaps Muse will donate the revenues to the Forward 4 Wiz Trust: http://www.f4wt.org/?

How about they play Hyper Music then?

PLAY HYPER MUSIC!!!!!!!!!

Yeah they don't need someone else's song to sing an angsty song, this is true. I doubt that's the reason. I don't think this is particularly angsty either.

I would love them to rework one of their very old songs as a b side sometime. Some of their very early songs would sound completely different now.

I guess we know now what the 2 covers that were recorded but not mixed after The Resistance was finished are (as mentioned in the Absolute radio interview).

Does that mean then that if they do release a 4th single we are back to the 'remix only' diet?

Anyway with the 3 different releases they are going all out for Resistance to do well in the charts. There is already a lot more promo than there was for UD.

I guess we know now what the 2 covers that were recorded but not mixed after The Resistance was finished are (as mentioned in the Absolute radio interview).

Does that mean then that if they do release a 4th single we are back to the 'remix only' diet?

Anyway with the 3 different releases they are going all out for Resistance to do well in the charts. There is already a lot more promo than there was for UD.

I don't remember hearing that they recorded two covers. Is there a link?

I don't remember hearing that they recorded two covers. Is there a link?

It's not on youtube but it is available as a free podcast on iTunes just search for Absolute radio (it's the full The Resistance interview from September 09) The mention of the cover is about 30 mins in.

It's not on youtube but it is available as a free podcast on iTunes just search for Absolute radio (it's the full The Resistance interview from September 09) The mention of the cover is about 30 mins in.

oh ok I have this podcast, but I've only listened to it once.

:LOL: That would be lulzy

It would be awesome! :awesome:

Also isthe bundle free shipping worldwide? I can't use vinyl but a bundle makes it feel special :facepalm:I'm such a sucker

You're welcome.

People have been ordering it from New Zealand and the US and have free delivery too.

My main question is when was this recorded?

I thought they didn't record any B-sides for Resistance?

And they're on tour now so... :erm:

The answer was on the previous page ;)

Archived