United Muse Fans flag – should we make it?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. United Muse Fans flag – should we make it?

• Yes
    • No

We’re calling all Muse fans from all over the world to join our little project – don’t worry, it won’t hurt :).

Our secret project is named “2-0-1-0 – scrapbook for Matthew Bellamy” (it’s this wonky toothed guy from Muse :p). We know that Matt’s already got plenty of scrapbooks, but we thought that this one was a little bit different than the other ones, as this one got a theme.

I – AM – and another Muser – Assa – wrote a story called “2-0-1-0” that is mostly based on a book “1984” written by George Orwell. We added Musey accents as whole band characters and to make “revolution take its toll” we need to unify and believe in power of music. Also, it’s written in a way of a journal, so it’s like Matt’s writing down his thoughts. As we simply can’t get into his brain, we’ve used Muse lyrics and our imagination + little parts of interviews to make it.

Why am I writing it? Here’s the thing – scrapbook got two parts:

● themed part

● “normal” part

Themed Part is connected with the “2-0-1-0” story (Muse/music saving the world) and book “1984”.

● you can make any kind of illustration (drawing, painting, photography) connected with the story of "1984" or "2-0-1-0".

● you can also write a poem in a spirit of the story or a book “1984” OR rewrite some Muse lyrics (just don’t copy and paste “Resistance” hehe)

Simply – anything connected with the subject Muse/music saving the world is welcome and appreciated. We trust your creativity and fantasy.

”Normal” Part is a typical scrapbook.

● drawings, paintings, photos; caricatures, portraits (of Matt/whole band(?)) something connected with Matt’s interests scuba-diving, conspiracy theories, universe etc

● letters, thanks to him

But yep, I write it all down, because some people told me they don’t know what to make, so these are just examples of what you can add. Just remember that it can not be insultive, but I guess it’s obvious. Open your mind, free your mind and create something for Matt, it’s as simple as that :).

We’re gonna give it to Matt at 11th September 2010, so today it’s the start of collecting your works.

As the deadline came at 1st of August, we can still recive your works till 4th August, since I'm leaving at 5th to print the book

Send your works at: farmermattbook@hotmail.com ; write your: username, real name and your country in the email – it’s all of the scrapbook, we won’t use it anywhere else.

If you have any questions about the scrapbook PM:

AMfromPoland!! (send me PM also if you want to send your original work for the scrapbook)

Trefline (Assa)

We’ll answer all of your questions.

We hope you’ll take part in this project and help us. These people already joined our “forces underground”: Glorious Resistance, T-Rex, Bloody Countess, Kuutar, Aurora Borealis, HighRevoltage, AMfrompoland!!, Trefline, hutterflies&burricanes, EwKa_WiLdEr, Magdalena(L)Muse, Mizutsu, cecdomatic, Tanya Marie, Kriistaque, Lizzie_loves_Muse, HullaGirl, Kaisa, muse4lyf, xMaris, Ammeeria, MUSEingJoshuaTree.

Let’s show how much we love this “too short to be sexy” guy for giving us such a wonderful gift with his band – the gift of music.

Day 1 - 14thSeptember 2009 - AllSoArty - RECIVED IT.

Day 2 - 21stOctober 2009 - mafalda01 - RECIVED IT.

Day 3 - 22ndOctober 2009 - Melania13 - RECIVED IT.

Day 4 - 31stOctober 2009 - Xx_MUSE_xX - RECIVED IT.

Day 5 - 4thNovember 2009 - notreallyclever - RECIVED IT.

Day 6 - 13thNovember 2009 - xuwang - RECIVED IT.

Day 7 - 29thNovember 2009 - Alliana0x - RECIVED IT.

Day 8 - 15thJanuary 2010 - Kriistaque - RECIVED IT.

Day 9 - 11thMarch 2010 - Lady_Macbeth - RECIVED IT

Day 10 - 17thApril 2010 - Jass - RECIVED IT.

Day 11 - 3rd May 2010 - Bloody Countess - RECIVED IT.

Day 12 - 9th June 2010 - thepixiey - RECIVED IT.

Day 13 - 26thJune 2010 - malice-illyria - RECIVED IT.

Day 14 - 17thJuly 2010 - AMfromPoland!! - GOT IT.

Day 15 - 2ndAugust 2010 - EwKa_WiLdEr - RECIVED IT.

Day 16 - 10thAugust 2010 - OriginOfShowbiz - RECIVED IT.

Day 17 - 4thSeptember 2010 - runda99 - RECIVED IT.

Day 18 - 10thSeptember 2010 - Mushroom-Knight - RECIVED IT.

Day 19 - 11thSeptember 2010 - lil'blulalo! - RECIVED IT.

To people from the list: remember to draw it, but also - if you don't want to make it anymore tell it NOW to us (by PMing me) so we can find another person to make it. Just please - don't make it like 15 days before ending the deadline.

Link to the story

Rite, just a short notice Do not use this scrapbook as a thing to give your contact details to Matthew. It's simply weird getting a letter: contact me at (...) write back at (...). He's a busy person and it's like 5% that he'll write back. Also we want him to enjoy reading nice comments from fans. It's not to offend anyone - just don't treat this scrapbook as an "address book". Thank you for concern ;).

Mattsscrapbook.jpg

We’ve got an idea of adding a flag to the scrapbook. The flag’d look like: on one side: photos of fans/or Muse in a shape of Eurasia and a writing “United Muse Fans” and the back of the flag’d be with photos of fans with a writing “we’re not droplets in the ocean”.

Results of voting:

YES - 133 votes

NO - 10 votes

Thank you all for voting and paying attention to our project :).

for any infos PM me or write at: flagatto@hotmail.com

We're not going to use your photos anywhere else than the flag The work will be visible only for Matt's eyes, mine and eyes of the graphic whose gonna edit the photos. We're not gonna spread them all around the web, don't worry :). We'll show the project as soon as it's going to be finished.

Flag will be as big as Eurasia flag on muse.mu shop, which means 80x110cms.

Thank you for taking part in it :pimp:.

Edit: The Flag Part is FINISHED. Now the one&only deadline is 1st August 2010 :). So send your works at farmermattbook@hotmail.com

CHEERS!

Scrapbook Crew

xxx

Follow book on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/MaffybooK

Join the fcb group and spread the link to other Musers! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=130135520346542&ref=mf

if link doesn't work the name of the group is: "2-0-1-0" Scrapbook for Matthew Bellamy

We'd be proud if you made something for it :).

Ay! Even better if you read that! :chuckle: it's easier to imagine whole thing then :D.

Is there a link to the story or something? And yeah, I read it then watched the film (I think if I'd watched the film without reading the book first, I wouldn't have known what was going on :LOL:) Really enjoyed reading it too :happy:

Is there a link to the story or something? And yeah, I read it then watched the film (I think if I'd watched the film without reading the book first, I wouldn't have known what was going on :LOL:) Really enjoyed reading it too :happy:

I had the same feeling while watching that film! :LOL:. *hi5s*. Orwell is a rly good writer also his "Animals Farm" is great, but back to scrapbook. I posted on 1st post link to the story so here it is if no one noticed

STORY LINK!!

I told you, I'm instead of drawing on a paper I've been drawing on a wall... mind taking down the wall and take it to wembo? :LOL:

:LOL: Oh sure! It's so easy to take a wall there, no problem ;).

Sounds interesting! I'd like to do something. Btw, where can we read the 2-0-1-0 story?

Just posted a link :).

Thanks :D Is there a deadline for decisions on what day we'd like to draw?

There's no dead line, you just have to PM me, so I'll write here and on the website of the story that the day it's taken; but yes, it must be before 1st August, cause then we're closing collecting all stuffs and then you must send a drawing to it ;), it'd be nice if it was already chosen to like June or something tho, cause then I'd not have to worry or make something all by myself, I don't wanna be left alone with like 10 days to make during whole holidays, u know ;).

There's no dead line, you just have to PM me, so I'll write here and on the website of the story that the day it's taken; but yes, it must be before 1st August, cause then we're closing collecting all stuffs and then you must send a drawing to it ;), it'd be nice if it was already chosen to like June or something tho, cause then I'd not have to worry or make something all by myself, I don't wanna be left alone with like 10 days to make during whole holidays, u know ;).

Okiedokie :happy: I'll get back to you way before then I reckon :)

I missed matt's other 'Normal' scrapbooks because my account was dormant for so long. :LOL: but I'm in, even though I said all that needed saying at the 02 gig.

I'm in !! I've already got alot of things ready !! :happy:

You've just joined forces underground people :ninja:.

Can't wait to see your works, guys! :).

Archived