Howard Stern mentioning Muse

Googoogee1

:LOL: Bless teh n00bs! ... It's weird to think there are people out there that genuinely don't know who Muse are, still.

No really! Mos people in the states are still clueless, unless they're young hipsters, then possibly. But Stern is certainly not that.

I agree with one of the points made earlier that being a DJ he should have some idea who they are. Yes they are virtually unkown in America but wouldnt you expect a DJ to be on top of who the biggest acts are around the world?

Well, as someone mentioned, he's not a music DJ. He basically does talk radio, of the "shock jock" variety. So it doesn't surprise me. Music isn't the focus.

Howard is quite an old fart. He just turned 56, and like most baby boomers he worships the artists of his generation like The Beatles, The Stones, Springsteen, etc.

I've heard both 'Hysteria' and the guitar solo to KoC in between Opie & Anthony's breaks.

I enjoy both shows, and while I like Howard's show a bit more, I have to admit that at least O&A don't get so annoying bragging about themselves.

Ooh be careful! Quite a lot of us are 'old farts' and yes we do worship (some) of the music of our generation - actually all you youngsters should also worship the Beatles' music as it was formative of most of what followed - but that's another argument.

However, some of us also worship Muse and quite a lot of other newer bands too - it's all great music and should be appreciated! I never got to see the Beatles live (just too young!) but I'm not sure I would have gone 7 times like I have in the past 4 years to Muse - the amps were just not loud enough to drown out all the audience noise.

Thought the Stern clip was fab! Like listening to the first humans discovering how to make a wheel! :LOL:

To be Fair I have heard a lot and I mean a lot of Muse songs during Howard's breaks

in and out of commercials. Which is kind of funny, because Howard doesn't even know but Fred who plays the commercials and music between breaks should know about Muse when Howard asked him and Fred really didn't know much about them either.

The songs I heard the most during the past year on Stern, Hysteria,

Stockholm Syndrome,Plug in Baby and even SMBH. I have heard

numerous times.

:D

LOL!

Funny you mention that because everytime Fred plays a song that is not from the 60s or 70s, and even when it's immensely popular, Howard always asks...

"Who is this, Fred"

Yeah sorry I was on a bit of an anti-Howard rant there :$ but that's just b/c it only seems to be noteworthy when Muse are mentioned on his show when O&A brought them up a while ago. I don't hate Howard I just prefer O&A and Howard is the only one to get any attention. Ah well I kinda like being into stuff that a lot of other ppl don't know about (like Muse haha).

I'm gonna call in the show and see if they want to get Muse on in March. It would seriously be amazing to listen to Muse on O&A. My two favorite audio elements in the world combining would be kickass.

If anybody feels like it you can send them a message live on the show at http://oafeedback.tumblr.com/. They're on from 6-11 am (ET) on weekdays and they get the msgs live on the air. Send them a msg pretty please asking to get Muse on the show :D Let's make this happen!!!

Nah, no need for apologies. :p

I understand why some people don't like Howard. Personally sometimes I get fed up with him talking about how much he hates Jay Leno, how hot his wife Beth is, and having strippers on the show has gotten so old and boring because it's always the same questions and the same answers. I do enjoy the prank calls, the games, and the guests.

I actually like your proposal about having Muse on O&A. I think that even if you are not an O&A listener, every fan on this board should send a feedback to O&A about having Muse on the show. I would also like to see Muse do the Howard Stern Show, but Howard just seems quite out of touch with today's bands, so definitely O&A would pull a better interview.

Well, as someone mentioned, he's not a music DJ. He basically does talk radio, of the "shock jock" variety. So it doesn't surprise me. Music isn't the focus.

So he is not a DJ but an entertainer. Count me out please. I am happy with the djs over here who know their stuff and appreciate good music, like KOC. And keep their mouth shut BEFORE the intro starts.

Nah, no need for apologies. :p

I understand why some people don't like Howard. Personally sometimes I get fed up with him talking about how much he hates Jay Leno, how hot his wife Beth is, and having strippers on the show has gotten so old and boring because it's always the same questions and the same answers. I do enjoy the prank calls, the games, and the guests.

I actually like your proposal about having Muse on O&A. I think that even if you are not an O&A listener, every fan on this board should send a feedback to O&A about having Muse on the show. I would also like to see Muse do the Howard Stern Show, but Howard just seems quite out of touch with today's bands, so definitely O&A would pull a better interview.

YES I concur. They are still on for another 3 hours, hit em up! http://oafeedback.tumblr.com/

• 10 months later...
Apparently Howard Stern mentioned Muse again on his show Thursday, in relation to the Grammy noms. I didn't listen myself, but found this on a HS messageboard.

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=566873

Anyone hear this?

Nope, but that thread drives me nuts. I'm perfectly fine with Muse bashing, but they're DOING IT WRONG DAMMIT! :fear: and THIS POST!?!???!

:facepalm:

Quote some of the bashers.

"Another corporate rock gay and faggot band from the UK, the home of faggotry"

"I never heard of them until the last year or so, but from what I've heard they're fucking horrible"

"poor man's radiohead"

"Muse is fucking terrible. End of thread."

:facepalm:

Archived