Howard Stern mentioning Muse

Googoogee1

oh dear.... Stern has guests on, doesn't he? That could make for some interesting radio when the band comes back to the states ;)

:LOL:

shit can you imagine if they agreed to go on his show? cause there's nothing he'd hold back on asking them.

Stern: Matt you seem a little effeminate to me. Are you gay? Or you just prance around to get the girls all worked up for you?

:pope:

How come he never heard of Muse before? What kind of dj is he?

the kind that doesn't play music. :p

he loves to talk. loves to hear himself talk. etc.

can be entertaining though, until the conversation turns to the reproductive organs of people under 4 feet tall :facepalm:

I don't think he does it for the chicks. I think he just likes the whole theatrical thing with the music, clothes, sets etc. But he's not effeminate. Though if he were it wouldn't matter.

Someone seriously needs to collect quotes of things you say and make a book of it. It would be hilarious

I am obsessed with Howard almost as much as I am obsessed with MUSE, so when he started talking about them yesterday, I about had an accident in the front of my pants.

He hit the nail right on the head in regards to Uprising being a 'fight' song for sports. I've been thinking this since day one and even hearing it on numerous sporting programs cements this thought. So to hear it coming out of Howard's mouth made me very happy.

I too laughed when he said the lead singer was very 'effeminate".

Having MUSE on his show would be amazing.

:LOL:

shit can you imagine if they agreed to go on his show? cause there's nothing he'd hold back on asking them.

Stern: Matt you seem a little effeminate to me. Are you gay? Or you just prance around to get the girls all worked up for you?

:pope:

:chuckle: I think it could be an interview of LoveLine proportions ;)

Ech Howard Stern is a tool. Him calling the beginning of Knights "starting to get annoying" really tells you all you need to know about him. PLUS the funnier and better Opie And Anthony Show mentioned how much they like Muse a month or so ago (and actually knew who they were, unlike Stern) and occasionally play their songs when returning from commerical. Muse on Opie and Anthony would be the best radio interview of all time. I really hope they do the show when they're in NY for the MSG gig.

And I would hardly call Matt effeminate. Over the top? Bombastic? Sure. But that's why he's so damn entertaining.

Also stupid Robin singing during Uprising made me want to kill myself. Boo you Stern. Who turns off KoC during the beginning????

What he says about Matt :LOL:

this is too funny :D:LOL:

That wa funny. Matt looks feminine. :LOL: I hope Muse hear this.

rofl, i can't stop laughing, it is just too funny, after all these 10 years of being their fan, it is just too funny to be a muse fan nowdays

I do, Knights is pretty rubbish.

I don't like two songs - KOC and Guiding Light, they are boring

I don't think he does it for the chicks. I think he just likes the whole theatrical thing with the music, clothes, sets etc. But he's not effeminate. Though if he were it wouldn't matter.

OOS costumes were just as extravagant by the way, long sleeves with red atlas inside

January ... February ... March ... it's like a three month intro! Lol!:LOL::LOL:

You really have to be in the live audience to fully appreciate the awesomeness of KoC.

Well someone could tell him/them that they are a bit "hearing impared" as what he tought was just guitar for the intro was in fact matt's falsetto, so maybe no words but defo some hell of a voice behind :LOL::LOL:

oh dear.... Stern has guests on, doesn't he? That could make for some interesting radio when the band comes back to the states ;)

There's a gap between the 3rd and the 5th of March, they band could easily do the show the 4th or even the morning of the 5th.

I'm a big Howard Stern fan. Sure he's a jackass like most shock jocks, but the show is hilarious. I hope some day they can do a song parody about Robin's tits with "Supermassive Balckhole".

Ech Howard Stern is a tool. Him calling the beginning of Knights "starting to get annoying" really tells you all you need to know about him. PLUS the funnier and better Opie And Anthony Show mentioned how much they like Muse a month or so ago (and actually knew who they were, unlike Stern) and occasionally play their songs when returning from commerical. Muse on Opie and Anthony would be the best radio interview of all time. I really hope they do the show when they're in NY for the MSG gig.

Howard is quite an old fart. He just turned 56, and like most baby boomers he worships the artists of his generation like The Beatles, The Stones, Springsteen, etc.

I've heard both 'Hysteria' and the guitar solo to KoC in between Opie & Anthony's breaks.

I enjoy both shows, and while I like Howard's show a bit more, I have to admit that at least O&A don't get so annoying bragging about themselves.

There's a gap between the 3rd and the 5th of March, they band could easily do the show the 4th or even the morning of the 5th.

I'm a big Howard Stern fan. Sure he's a jackass like most shock jocks, but the show is hilarious. I hope some day they can do a song parody about Robin's tits with "Supermassive Balckhole".

charming.

you are of course allowed to like him. and i'm allowed to say i'd rather :vomit:

Howard is quite an old fart. He just turned 56, and like most baby boomers he worships the artists of his generation like The Beatles, The Stones, Springsteen, etc.

I've heard both 'Hysteria' and the guitar solo to KoC in between Opie & Anthony's breaks.

I enjoy both shows, and while I like Howard's show a bit more, I have to admit that at least O&A don't get so annoying bragging about themselves.

Yeah sorry I was on a bit of an anti-Howard rant there :$ but that's just b/c it only seems to be noteworthy when Muse are mentioned on his show when O&A brought them up a while ago. I don't hate Howard I just prefer O&A and Howard is the only one to get any attention. Ah well I kinda like being into stuff that a lot of other ppl don't know about (like Muse haha).

I'm gonna call in the show and see if they want to get Muse on in March. It would seriously be amazing to listen to Muse on O&A. My two favorite audio elements in the world combining would be kickass.

If anybody feels like it you can send them a message live on the show at http://oafeedback.tumblr.com/. They're on from 6-11 am (ET) on weekdays and they get the msgs live on the air. Send them a msg pretty please asking to get Muse on the show :D Let's make this happen!!!

Yeah sorry I was on a bit of an anti-Howard rant there :$ but that's just b/c it only seems to be noteworthy when Muse are mentioned on his show when O&A brought them up a while ago. I don't hate Howard I just prefer O&A and Howard is the only one to get any attention. Ah well I kinda like being into stuff that a lot of other ppl don't know about (like Muse haha).

I'm gonna call in the show and see if they want to get Muse on in March. It would seriously be amazing to listen to Muse on O&A. My two favorite audio elements in the world combining would be kickass.

If anybody feels like it you can send them a message live on the show at http://oafeedback.tumblr.com/. They're on from 6-11 am (ET) on weekdays and they get the msgs live on the air. Send them a msg pretty please asking to get Muse on the show :D Let's make this happen!!!

To be Fair I have heard a lot and I mean a lot of Muse songs during Howard's breaks

in and out of commercials. Which is kind of funny, because Howard doesn't even

know but Fred who plays the commercials and music between breaks should

know about Muse when Howard asked him and Fred really didn't know much

about them either.

The songs I heard the most during the past year on Stern, Hysteria,

Stockholm Syndrome,Plug in Baby and even SMBH. I have heard

numerous times.

Opie and Anthony? Zero....point....zero.... :vomit::vomit::vomit:

And yah, I've heard Muse going or coming back from commercials, but I'm sure Howard has his headphones off, sound down in the studio when the music is playing, so he probably doesn't even hear it. He regularly comes back on mid-way through a song wondering what's playing. And I have a feeling Fred just picks from a list of songs that are in the Prophet System that Sirius has marked as "bumper friendly".

I hate the studio version of KoS. If they had played something like Hysteria or TiRO, there might have been a better response. And if Howard can somehow catch wind on how awesome they are live, I'm sure he'd love 'em !

:LOL: Bless teh n00bs! ... It's weird to think there are people out there that genuinely don't know who Muse are, still. Obvs being in the UK, pretty much everyone knows Muse, otherwise you've been living in a fecking cave. But some folk in the US are still quite clueless, as these people have demonstrated... :p! Aw, Morgan even got a mention with his awesome piano AND drumming capabilities :eek:! lol :chuckle:

I agree with one of the points made earlier that being a DJ he should have some idea who they are. Yes they are virtually unkown in America but wouldnt you expect a DJ to be on top of who the biggest acts are around the world? like when they won the brits liv act and the people on terry wogans show didnt know who the hell they were. I guess they didnt watch previous brit awards theyve attended that show and won that award for the past couple of years.

But im always suprised to find being in the UK who have never heard of them. I would have thought theyd at least seen the name somewhere. They may not know much about them or know their songs but you'd think that with having number one albums, headlining festivals, various tv appearences or even being on the front cover of various magazines that people would at least be aware that they existed. For the past three albums theyve had a lot of exposure but each consecutive album theyve done people pipe up theyve never

heard of them,

To end on a postivie its nice that Morgan got a special notice by Howard. That was ace

Archived