which is ur fave muse song??  

750 members have voted

1. 1. which is ur fave muse song??

• plug in baby
    • knight of cydonia
    • hysteria
    • stockholm syndrome
    • new born

I'm absolutely in love with Butteflies and Hurricanes now. Everything about that song is great. The best part of the song, is the build up. No doubt about that.

The piano solo is just a filler to show off. Its totally redundant. Even then, its an ace solo. I especially love the bassline to this song. Its pretty unique. Not to mention the lyrics, they're inspiring as well.

In addition, it is the best live song. Nothing tops it. NOTHING. Its easily better than CE ,and many others, live. I'd even say that it tops KoC live. This is due to the extended solo before the piano solo and the fact that the easy-to-remember lyrics causes the whole venue to roar and roar in support of Matt's vocals.

I can't believe that I didnt appreciate it as much as when I saw it at Wembley. If only I were as in love with it as I am now. What a complete and utter waste. :(

Having said that, it still won't displace my top 2 favourites which are Bliss and AP respectively. However, it definitely kicked KoC out of third spot!:D

My new top 5 favourite songs:

1. Bliss

2. Apocalypse Please

3. Butterflies and Hurricanes

4. Supermassive Black Hole

5. Citizen Erased

Current top 10 favourites: (with reasons)

01. Bliss

02. Apocalypse Please

03. Supermassive Black Hole

04. Butterflies and Hurricanes

05. Citizen Erased

06. Sunburn

07. City of Delusion

08. Hysteria

09. Sing for Absolution

10. Take a Bow

Bliss was the first Muse song I heard. I loved it instantly, mainly due to the intro arpeggios and power chords. Its a phenomenal song, respected both in studio and live. Lyrics blend in with the synth and bass well, too.

Apocalypse Please puts other highly-acclaimed piano masterpieces to shame. This is due to the fact that the whole damn song sounds heavy, but it's played on piano. Its amazing how Matt can turn a few chords into a piece of apocalyptic poetry. The frequent repetition of the words "This is the end of the world" are disturbing, but oh so good. Probably my favourite drumline ever too. Continuous and loud.

Supermassive Black Hole is what got me obsessed with Muse in the first place. That chorus gets you anytime. The guitar riff is probably my favourite too, after Knights. The reason why this song displaced Knights , which was my long-time favourite, is because the live Kaoss pad solo is immense. It has a fun drumline and bassline too. Its basically a fun song that revolves around a rock genre. Fantastic.

Butterflies and Hurricanes has only recently entered my top 10 favs list, because prior to Wembley, I have not really given it a chance. Even after Wembley, I forgot about it for a while. Now, its in my top 5 because of the inspirational lyrics and the build-up. It displays why Muse is so much better than other bands, due to the blend of classical and rock music. Its the best live song too.

Next up is Citizen Erased. Its self-explanatory, but just so that you CE haters dont look for a loophole, I'll put forth some reasons. First off, the intro riff is great. It displays every member's talent well. Ace vocals, powerful drumline, great supporting bassline and piano.

Sunburn was my favourite song in Showbiz when I first heard it and it still is. Same reason as B&H, it blends classical and rock music. This is the chief reason why Muse stands out from other bands. I love the lyrics to this song too. And the piano hook at the start is something to die for.

City of Delusion is a new addition to my list. Saying its a great song is a severe understatement. It shows a unique aspect of Matt's talent, that of acoustic guitar playing. This has been displayed only in songs like Screenager and Unintended, but never in a rock-ish way. This song is an exceptionally brilliant live song as well.

Hysteria was the 2nd Muse song I heard in my entire life. It instantly grew on me and for good reason. It's bassline, solo, chorus, lyrics and verses are top-notch. Typical of Muse. 'Nuff said.

Sing for Absolution was the 3rd Muse song I ever heard and I fell in love with the gloomy atmosphere it weaves. The lyrics are amazing as well. I cringe everytime people say its nothing special. But it is an extremely special and sentimental song to me. I absolutely love it.

Take a Bow is loved by many on this forum. I couldnt agree more. Its an ace song, weird in its own right but far from average. It does not possess any verse or chorus. Just a build up. A build up of perfection.

So there you go. My favourite songs in a nutshell.

The new top 20 favourite songs list:

01. Bliss

02. Apoc. Please

03. Take a Bow

04. Sunburn

05. Citizen Erased

06. Sing for Absolution

07. Hysteria

08. Stockholm Syndrome

09. Supermassive Black Hole

10. City of Delusion

11. New Born

12. Muscle Museum

13. Map of the Problematique

14. Butterflies and Hurricanes

15. Invincible

16. Micro Cuts

17. Ruled by Secrecy

18. Fury

19. Glorious

20. Showbiz

I just posted this in the OOS elim thread, but ah well!

roughly:

Hyper Music

Plug in Baby

Bliss

Citizen Erased

Map Of The Problematique

Stockholm Syndrome

Supermassive Black Hole

Dead Star

New Born

Micro Cuts

Knights Of Cydonia

Assassin (Grand Omega Bosses)

Hysteria

Fury

Screenager

Spiral Static

In Your World

Agitated

Fillip

Darkshines

Hyper Chondriac Music

Space Dementia

Blackout

Futurism

Ruled By Secrecy

City Of Delusion

The Gallery

Glorious

Cave

Yes Please

Sunburn

Recess

The Groove

Time Is Running Out

Forced In

Showbiz

Shine/Shine Acoustic

Feeling Good

Exo-Politics

Take A Bow

Endlessly

Overdue

Crying Shame

Nature_1

Megalomania

Assassin

Sober

Starlight

Hate This And I'll Love You

The Small Print

Easily

Escape

Coma

Eternally Missed

Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist

Sing For Absolution

Falling Away With You

Unintended

Piano Thing

Soldier's Poem

Falling Down

Minimum

Hoodoo

Muscle Museum

Shrinking Universe

Map Of Your Head

Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You

Butterflies & Hurricanes

House of The Rising Sun

Man Of Mystery

You Fucking Mother Fucker

Invincible

Bedroom acoustics

Ashamed

Apocalypse Please

Nishe

Jimmy Kane

Do We Need This

Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want

Uno

Host

Interlude

Execution Commentary

Con-Science

Instant Messenger/Pink Ego Box

Twin/Balloonatic

Intro

EDIT: I can't stop editing it! :LOL:

Well, I glad to see that I'm not the only one whose opinions of favourite songs flactuate so much.

Thats the fourth time I've seen a top 9 from Clunge and the only 2 songs that remain fixed or did not get rotated for that matter is New Born and Apoc. Please. Kinda like Bliss and Apoc.Please for me.

:stunned:.

That top 9 has been the same for agggggeeesss. They mave move around within that top 9 but it's been basically the same songs for months.

Also, TOADA is brilliant. It could easily have been a great single off Absolution and has by far my favourite Muse solo in it, mega-catchy chorus and a nice electric feel during the verse.

Such an underrated song :(.

1. Newborn

2. Apocalypse Please

3. Supermassive Black Hole

4. Muscle Museum

5. Bliss

6. City Of Delusion

7. Showbiz

8. Dead Star

9. Eternally Missed

10. ?

1. New Born

2. Apocalypse Please

3. City Of Delusion

4. Muscle Museum

5. Take A Bow

6. Assassin (GOB Edit)

7. Dead Star

8. Citizen Erased

9. Stockholm Syndrome

One is too little :LOL:.

1. New Born

2. Apocalypse Please

3. City Of Delusion

4. Muscle Museum

5. Take A Bow

6. Showbiz

7. Dead Star

8. Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist

9. Assassin (GOB Edit)

I can't narrow it down to one :LOL:.

Just curious, what happened to your likeness for Supermassive and Bliss?

Archived