:srsb33f: this thread

I'll be so happy if they have played CE or Bliss..but I think that this setlist it's good anyway.. I would give everything to be there :supersad:

Come to Argentina, Muse :awesome: European fans don't like you anymore :p

Ever think that maybe they had some sort of technical or mechanical problem that led to them not being able to play those songs at the show?

Oh yeah, right...I mean, Bliss must need pwetty lazers and stuff!

Ever think that maybe they had some sort of technical or mechanical problem that led to them not being able to play those songs at the show?

What technical or mechanical issue could they have had that would have prevented them from playing just one little song from the polls? They managed to play the other ones with no problems.

Bliss and CE don't use the same Manson. But disregarding that, why would your first inclination be "mechanical problems"? If something went wrong, then break out something random instead to make up for it. There's no spontaneity anymore, and they can't use the towers as an excuse. It's just laziness.

In that case why hadnt they practised other songs from the polls in case to fill in? I wouldnt want to think Muse have only practised the songs they know they are going to play. Oh wait didnt happen on the last tour.....

errm guys has nobody read this???

Just noticed that. Someone came back from the gig and said that setlist was right though. :confused:

The problem with that guys post is that people keep changing setlist.fm and have been screwing with it all night. Someone from the gig needs to post an actual setlist and not give us a link to a page that anyone can edit ;)

Although, someone did say facebook had it, and this is what was on facebook when they posted:

Uprising

New Born

Supermassive Black Hole

Neutron Star Collision

Guiding Light

Interlude + Hysteria

Map of the Problematique

Nishe

United States of Eurasia

I Belong To You

Feeling Good

MK Jam

Undisclosed Desires

Starlight

Resistance

Time Is Running Out

Unnatural Selection

Encore 1:

Exogenesis Symphony: Part 1 (Overture)

Unintended

Stockholm Syndrome

Take A Bow

Encore 2:

Plug In Baby

Man With A Harmonica

No CE, no Bliss, no random Jimmy Kane thrown in for teh lulz, so I think that might actually be it ;)

Sometimes I wonder about the sense of some Muse fans, I really do. Muse need to remember that there's quite a considerable amount of fans who have liked them BEFORE they released Black Holes....some even fans before the release of Absolution and SOME even before the release of Origin :eek:

The thing is, though - it doesn't matter when someone became a fan.

BH&R was the first album I bought (in '07) but Absolution is my favorite album of theirs and I certainly wouldn't mind hearing songs from Showbiz.

Rather than recognizing that they have old fans, they need to recognize that there's this thing called the internet, and these places called stores, where people can purchase their old music on these things called CDs and listen to them - even if they didn't know who the band was when the albums were originally released!

I know, it's shocking, but it does happen...! ;)

Shittest excuse ever, really. How can you have a technical problem on one or two songs, and not the other 20+ songs? The only time I have known this of happening at a Muse gig was Marlay Park when they wanted to play Blackout, but didn't, because it was too windy and they couldn't use the balloons.

It's not the fact that they didn't play CE or Bliss, they didn't play any of the songs from that poll. :LOL:

Exactly, if they'd have played the 5th choice they would have kept their word.

But really, if you're going to skip that shite on the first gig, WHY FCUCKING BOTHER? :rolleyes:

Excuses? Like what? I forgot my 7 string? The falsetto isn't feeling good? My piano is out of tune? Playing Assassin makes Dom tired?

/in general.

Good one.

I'm beginning to get alittle annoyed at the people who get on their high horse and just wave away everyone's legitimate complaints as "slagging off" like we're all disgruntled three year olds. I'm just annoyed for everyone who went to the show expecting at least CE/Bliss etc. seeing as they voted for them. Why bother putting up the polls if they just ignore them completely? If everyone had an amazing time then i'll accept it and let it go, I just think it's poor is all.

+1.

Compare:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2010/madison-square-garden-new-york-ny-63d4d29f.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2010/madison-square-garden-new-york-ny-63d4bed3.html

Pearl Jam are old men compared to Muse. And that was an arena show. Muse played a stadium show tonight and really let themselves and the fans down.

PJ also rotate their sets constantly and often pull out rarities - compare it with the night before, still at MSG. Muse still have a lot of work to do to become one of the truly great live bands.

Nah, Chris (for example) knows what kind of place this is and how there's nothing but slagging off here. They wouldn't take the thread seriously.

Indeed.

Nights like these are just so fucked up and make you think people hate the band if you come in at the wrong point.

The thing is, though - it doesn't matter when someone became a fan.

BH&R was the first album I bought (in '07) but Absolution is my favorite album of theirs and I certainly wouldn't mind hearing songs from Showbiz.

Rather than recognizing that they have old fans, they need to recognize that there's this thing called the internet, and these places called stores, where people can purchase their old music on these things called CDs and listen to them - even if they didn't know who the band was when the albums were originally released!

I know, it's shocking, but it does happen...! ;)

I appreciate that people become fans at many different times. The first album I was a fan for a release of was Absolution, but had been a fan maybe a year before that? But you RESEARCH and you SHARE and you get to know everything about a band that you like (or at least I can assume that 90% of the fans on this board do, anyway) so we're BOUND to know songs from earlier than when we first became fans. *THAT'S* why I get so pissed off that they even REFUSE to acknowledge that their first album exists!

Compare:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2010/madison-square-garden-new-york-ny-63d4d29f.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2010/madison-square-garden-new-york-ny-63d4bed3.html

Pearl Jam are old men compared to Muse. And that was an arena show. Muse played a stadium show tonight and really let themselves and the fans down.

I dont think its the set list length thats bothering people as its certainly was an improvement over the Arena tour

Archived