well, if they do, it's their own fault, seeing as how they're the ones who wrote the bass and drumlines they're playing ;)

there's only so much chris can do with a song like guiding light...unless he were to bust out in an epic fucking bass solo and change the song completely just for shits and giggles.

maybe he should do. :eyebrows:

Does anyone even like Muse anymore? :erm: I don't see any appreciation. :(

...why would we keep posting then?

I still love Muse. I just hate how complacent/lazy/tired their live shows have become. They're playing LESS songs than 2007, the old songs they've 'brought back' are songs that were A. played in 2007, B. played EARLIER on The Resistance tour (exc. Take A Bow) and finally, they've completely ignored the setlist polls for this gig.

I agree that they should have played the chosen songs. Obviously there must be some hitch as they were intending to. But even if they had, there would have been complaints. Now they've really given people something to complain about so it saves people having to worry themselves thinking up things. :p

No, no, no.

"This is the first stadium show" - wtf? It shouldn't matter whether it's the first or the 12th show. ALL the fans should be treated the same. It's like when we heard the first few TR gigs were a bit of a warm up and by the time the tour wrapped in France they whipped out B&H etc. It's not fucking on and it's a fucking insult to the people (some of who I am friends with) that paid to go to that gig to have voted and didn't get what they wanted because Muse have for sure become lazy, selfish guys who don't give a fuck about the music or those who put them where they are today.

Yes yes yes yes.

...why would we keep posting then?

I still love Muse. I just hate how complacent/lazy/tired their live shows have become. They're playing LESS songs than 2007, the old songs they've 'brought back' are songs that were A. played in 2007, B. played EARLIER on The Resistance tour (exc. Take A Bow) and finally, they've completely ignored the setlist polls for this gig.

Yes yes yes yes!!!

I agree that they should have played the chosen songs. Obviously there must be some hitch as they were intending to. But even if they had, there would have been complaints. Now they've really given people something to complain about so it saves people having to worry themselves thinking up things. :p

:rolleyes:

The point is...we were ASKED what we wanted played, and they'd play the top two choices. They've not done this. When are they ever going to?

They were gonna play one or 2 from the top 5, then matt said top 2 and now... none :LOL:

yeah, I agree, it would calm things a bit... i just thought it was amusing - people around here will always complain :)

yeah, who knows... it just gets me the way people always assume that Dom and Chris must be miserable - I mean, they were there in the studio, they recorded these songs, they rehearsed them, now they're playing them live. If they're miserable playing them it's their own darn fault ;)

... but note that I don't believe that.

I actually really didn't mean that, I don't think I worded it well. I mean well Matt gets to entertain himself with singing to. :LOL: They only have one thing to do blah blah *digging a hole* I'll shut up.

omli-up1.gif

Nothing wrong with a bit of promotion.

The whole thing just looks a bit...

You're good at whoring yourself out.

I'm disappointed....might just have to be drunk during the entirety of both gigs to keep myself sane.

It's their fucking job! We pay their friggin' keep and as a result, when we're actually offered the chance to have a say in the setlist, I expect them to keep to their word.

I just don't even get what the point of asking the fans to choose the setlist was. Was it for us to blindly believe that they care what we think while they just go ahead and play whatever they want anyway? I'm really pissed off if what's been rumored will actually be the setlist for the entire stadium tour. It's shit.

I think it all looks pretty cool... I don't see what the big deal is if CE and Bliss didn't get played... they're sure to be played at the other shows and this show got TAB, I Belong To You, and Unintended... Those are all rarities, I don't think TAB has been played at all this tour yet

Yeah, and how is that relevant to the people who went to this gig? Neither TAB, IBTY or Unintended was in the top5, and they all seem to be songs that are gonna be played for most of the tour.

dom doesn't look bored, more surprised that he's in a band. Chris does look noticeably bored at times. Is it wrong that every time i watch a flight of the conchords band meeting now i think of muse?

Can I just say i saw flight of the conchords the other week and their setlist was huge and varied.

They were gonna play one or 2 from the top 5, then matt said top 2 and now... none :LOL:

Do not hold much hope for Wembley, to be honest. I keep whinging on that I have to wait until September to see Muse, but I'm glad I've not spent my non-existant money to go and see an identi-set that Iw ould see in September anyway!

Yeah, and how is that relevant to the people who went to this gig?

Come onnnn, They are Swiss! They climb mountains and shit, so im sure they can deal with a couple of songs not getting played. Muse clearly took this into consideration.

yep, setlist could have been better and i more than understand the protests but what can you do?

seeing the stage/ufo/costume changes in all their cheesy glory, it just makes me more eager for wembley.

i'm past worrying what they'll play. i pay to watch whatever they want to put before me on the night. since when was music and art democratic? barring some sort of horrible disaster, i'm pretty much positive i'll enjoy it regardless, just as i have done for like, the last ten years.

Yeah, and how is that relevant to the people who went to this gig? Neither TAB, IBTY or Unintended was in the top5, and they all seem to be songs that are gonna be played for most of the tour.

Everyone who went said they had a great time regardless of the setlist...it's not just the setlist that makes a gig tbh

Archived