FFS If people keep bitching about the setlists I'm going to go mental. Be fucking happy you have a 1984 set, stadium shows, setlists that got to be chosen, and Muse playing. I mean really.

/endofrant

Anyway, I'M SO JEALOUS OF THE PEOPLE THAT GO TO GO TO THIS!!!

The setlist wasnt chosen, they played none of the top 5. 1984 set looks cheap and crap, stadium show? Wembley 07 looked more sophisticated and a class setlist compared.

I just looked and IBTY wasn't in the poll. The winning songs were CE,Bliss, B&H, Assasin and Showbiz.:erm:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm................. :erm:

They could have played CE, Bliss or B&H without pulling out anything that hadn't been played recently...

Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times, but where is the link to this interview? I'm a bit out of the loop.

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=74851

Is the audience dead?

Maybe it's because the sight of a scissor lift generally makes one think they're watching someone stock the top shelves at Home Depot?;) Seriously though, I think it's kind of cool. I hope that lift is rated for a heavy load of awesome, lest there be a tragic accident.

I'll be glad when more footage and a clear setlist rolls out, so I can sort of piece together what the heck went on out there tonight. LOL.

it's only the first stadium gig and people are jumping off a building

hilarious

though i don't like the visibility restrictions caused by the 1984 set or the freaking retarded costumes that matt likes to wear..

Maybe it's because the sight of a scissor lift generally makes one think they're watching someone stock the top shelves at Home Depot?;) Seriously though, I think it's kind of cool. I hope that lift is rated for a heavy load of awesome, lest there be a tragic accident.

I think what bothers me the most about that is that you can clearly see the base... at least put a freaking curtain over the thing :facepalm::LOL:

It is very interesting how much of a difference to people's opinions of a gig, that one or two songs makes!

I can understand people being pissed about them not playing CE and Bliss given that they were top two on the poll, but minus that, I thought the gig looked pretty awesome!

It's their fucking job! We pay their friggin' keep and as a result, when we're actually offered the chance to have a say in the setlist, I expect them to keep to their word.

There's no other excuse for it except plain laziness and contempt for their fans - Citizen Erased and Bliss got thousands of votes, they know this so why didn't they spend a few days actually rehearsing these things in full?

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Muse's music is NOT complex to perform. To suggest they can't nail 7/8 setlist additions in the three week gap they've had is, frankly, ridiculous.

Ta, and good night.

The setlist wasnt chosen, they played none of the top 5. 1984 set looks cheap and crap, stadium show? Wembley 07 looked more sophisticated and a class setlist compared.

These posts win the thread.

this is the first stadium show people. calm down.

i'm sure we'll here Assassin, Citizen Erased, Bliss, B&H, and Showbiz further down the road.

now if the year ends and they hardly played those songs, then we can bitch and moan appropriately. but for the time being, lets be patient and see how these set lists change about.

it's only the first stadium gig and people are jumping off a building

hilarious

though i don't like the visibility restrictions caused by the 1984 set or the freaking retarded costumes that matt likes to wear..

"only the first", you know, there are actually PEOPLE at those gigs. To say that "they will be better next time" is a fucking joke when you're only sitting and reading what songs they played. People payed to see Muse at that gig, why are they gonna have to pay just because Muse are lazy and liars?

I don't get how they enjoy playing some of it when you compare it to the old stuff. I mean Chris and Dom must get bored shitless.

well, if they do, it's their own fault, seeing as how they're the ones who wrote the bass and drumlines they're playing ;)

"only the first", you know, there are actually PEOPLE at those gigs. To say that "they will be better next time" is a fucking joke when you're only sitting and reading what songs they played. People payed to see Muse at that gig, why are they gonna have to pay just because Muse are lazy and liars?

So far, the people we have heard from who paid to go to this gig enjoyed it and said it was great....

Archived