Here's to hoping they might actually play something else from the top 5 than just I Belong To You, Citizen Erased and Bliss as the tour progresses!

Hopefully Showbiz will be the MK Ultra of this tour.

their "usuals" really shouldn't have been on the poll. stupid putting KoC and Uprising, and Starlight... etc on there.

If they would have taken those out, we might have had a better margin of victory

their "usuals" really shouldn't have been on the poll. stupid putting KoC and Uprising, and Starlight... etc on there.

If they would have taken those out, we might have had a better margin of victory

I agree... I think they should only have included songs that they don't normally play.

If it were me, I would have put up a skeleton setlist, similar to what was in the tour program, and said "Here's the songs we usually play, what other songs would you like to hear from us?" and then given people a reduced list.

I dont see any rare songs from the setlist. :mad: which ones of these 21 songs won the setlist polls?

None. In fact they only played two songs from the top 10 at this show.. Plug in Baby (#8) and Knights of Cydonia (#10). Totes cop out.

But fwiw, IBTY was #12 and Unintended was #15 (and Take a Bow was #48) and those actually got played.

I agree... I think they should only have included songs that they don't normally play.

If it were me, I would have put up a skeleton setlist, similar to what was in the tour program, and said "Here's the songs we usually play, what other songs would you like to hear from us?" and then given people a reduced list.

yup

but i guess that would make too much sense? :erm:

why make sense when you can dress like a chicken and make aluminum FLY! :awesome:

:facepalm:

Looks pretty nice setlist:happy:

And they played TAB:). Quite many have been complained because it hasn't been played. They should be happy now:p.

nah, they'll just complain about something else :chuckle:

I've been waiting for them to play it, personally. Lyrically it fits in with the Resistance pretty well, I was surprised they didn't decide to bring it back earlier :yesey:

so what is the polls for? :indiff::wtf:

Maybe they're pretending we're the Thought Police, and we're trying to make them play what we want and only what we want ... and they devised the polls simply so they could defy us as part of the resistance theme.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Seriously, I'm guessing they'll stick to the poll thing a little better in future shows ... it's unfortunate that it didn't happen in the first show of the stadium tour, but I highly doubt it was any sort of intentional snub.

So they just played the arena set with all the rotated songs + IBTY, NSC, Unintended and TaB

well done Muse, completely ignoring the setlist polls and everything

Take a Bow counts as a rarity I guess - I'm glad to see that back but apart from that it's very meh

God, I haven't posted on this forum in SO LONG. A few years, in fact. But I've been lurking about in this thread throughout the chaos of last night :LOL: and decided I should post a little again.

Basically, as far as last night goes, so much as I can judge from being sat behind a laptop... Really quite irritating in some ways, mindblowing in others. Feeling Good STILL getting a place in setlists, despite being at almost every gig for four years, while something like Cave gets dropped after about 20 gigs in terms of piano songs, while RBS gets brought back for two or three plays and gone. But that's not changing, so I'm giving up complaining. But I am disappointed that the set consists of only two other piano based tracks, considering just how many of them they've got these days. Sunburn, Space Dementia, Apocalypse Please, Endlessly, Ruled By Secrecy, Hoodoo, Exogenesis II or III? *shrug*

And of course, the setlist polls. I don't buy any of that "malfunction" bollocks that the hardcore 'Muse-can-do-no-wrong' fans are spurting out. Fact is, they've cocked up. I'm not judging them for the tour for it, but for that gig, they've done just that. They've played in the last two gigs, the two songs that came top in this gigs poll, so there's no excuse for neither, or any of the other three, getting played. Let's just hope things pick up from hereon, but that'd be even more sickening for the Swiss fans if they were screwed of a rare track or two and everyone else got one.

Onto the positives! Stage looks incredible.. UFO looks tacky as fuck, but I laughed at it in the same way I laughed at USoE the first time I heard it. It's so hilarious, it's amazing. Wouldn't change it for a thing. Take A Bow, I've said I've wanted it back for ages, so well happy to see that back in. Unintended, I love the song, was beautiful in Sheffield. Can't say it's one I'd want to put in there but wouldn't say no to it either. I Belong To You, haven't heard it before so happy to see that in there too.

Don't expect we'll see much change come the weekend since it's moar festivals, (although that seems to be when they're actually giving people extra these days..) but I hope even if the setlist polls aren't going to be used, we at least get one or two rotations. I've paid for three of these bloody things and I've said all along, no matter what songs are played, the one thing that'll piss me off is the EXACT same set 3x. But with Muse, I guess I always knew that was a possibility. Only time shall tell!

on the plus side, they did do a 21 song set (not counting jams) and hopefully theyll stick with this throught the tour

also new stage is :awesome:, looks much better at night though. moving platform thing is cool but the UFO is a bit...shit tbh

the ignoring of setlist polls/lack of bliss, CE and MK Ultra was a bit (well, alot) fail, but theyve been good with that on the other 2 gigs so far, so im hoping thall pick up later on in the tour.

and matt's fashion sense seems to be decresing by the minute :facepalm:

Probably this one

Uprising

Supermassive Black Hole

New Born

Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever)

Guiding Light

Hysteria

Map of the Problematique

Nishe

United States of Eurasia

I Belong to You

Feeling Good

MK Jam

Undisclosed Desires

Resistance

Starlight

Time Is Running Out

Unnatural Selection

Encore

Unintended

Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)

Stockholm Syndrome

Encore

Take a Bow

Plug In Baby

Knights of Cydonia

Relax... it's not like those 35'000 people took part in a democratic vote and absolutely wanted to hear CE and Bliss. The memory will be like "it was the best Muse concert in Switzerland ever".

I guess only some of the true fans found that poll at all. Swiss media never mentioned the poll and I guess the majority of the audience didn't know about it or cared at all about CE and Bliss. There were many cheers and jumping for tracks from the Resistance album while during the last (old) songs it was more like oh what another one that's nice but I was ready to leave need to catch a train... those were comments I heard when leaving the stadium.

Maybe it's different in other countries and in general I like the idea of a more interactive setlist so bands should really listen to it then.

on the plus side, they did do a 21 song set (not counting jams) and hopefully theyll stick with this throught the tour

That's one song shorter than what they did last time they headlined a stadium. The setlist features NO songs that weren't played at their last headlining stadium show with the exception of new songs. On top of this, they totally ignored our input in the setlists.

Not. Good. Enough.

That's one song shorter than what they did last time they headlined a stadium. The setlist features NO songs that weren't played at their last headlining stadium show with the exception of new songs. On top of this, they totally ignored our input in the setlists.

Not. Good. Enough.

Actually in their defense (oddly) the last Wembley gig was 21 'songs' plus Forced In or Man of Mystery which I suppose substitute for this jam. Though i'd rather have a song.

Archived