You know, the teenybopper and 20-year-old facial hair crowd. Saying Pitchfork has no gravity in music is dumb-look at Vampire Weekend or Arctic Monkeys. They skyrocketed these bands to ridiculous levels of popularity.

Point in case ;)

You know, the teenybopper and 20-year-old facial hair crowd. Saying Pitchfork has no gravity in music is dumb-look at Vampire Weekend or Arctic Monkeys. They skyrocketed these bands to ridiculous levels of popularity.

Pitchfork had nothing to do with the Arctic Monkeys

The only credibility I'm dissolving is with you, and it doesn't really matter because you've already lost any credibility with me.

A heart-breaking loss, it seems.

An entire generation of people.

So not mine, then.

Oh, I must be a freak in my generation, since I've never heard of Pitchfork, and couldn't give any less of a shit about them.

A heart-breaking loss, it seems.

So not mine, then.

Oh, I must be a freak in my generation, since I've never heard of Pitchfork, and couldn't give any less of a shit about them.

Yeah, you are. You are the "i'm too cool to apart of the world" kind of child. You had a sad, depressing childhood, I'm assuming?

Fair enough but they could have given an explanation or replaced it with another of the high ranking songs on the setlist vote

I guess, maybe it was a last minute thing. Who knows, though I wouldnt have expected Matt or anyone to random give an explanation inbetween songs as to why they couldn't be played.

that doesn´t mean fans have to applaud muse on how they handle the setlist polls.. they could play bliss in paris, why not in bern? it´s just too incomprehensible to shrug it aside as if it was nothing..

It isn't nothing, but people shouldn't look so far into this as to say Muse "betrayed the fans" and didnt play those songs.

Giving a young indie band a 7.4 on their debut album usually equals popularity with the Pitchfork readers which is quite a large crowd.

Sorry to say but the Arctic Monkeys success came of the back of their own hard work and some extreme love from the British media.

Isnt Pitchfork the site that loves to troll Muse?

Trend followers who can't form their own opinions, that's who. And probably Radiohead fans.

Exactly. But those people make up a ton of the music listeners nowadays on the digital music world. Pitchfork was smart and spearheaded the whole online thing, and dominate the trendy music listeners.

I am loving Matt's light up suit for TaB. It reminds of that bit in Batman Forever when The Riddler has the light up jacket :D. Loving the attempted alien acrobat abduction too. I want a Bellamy vs. Alien brawl :LOL:

Where is the alien abduction? I've seen two vids of the thing and I don't see it :$

just saw the "inflatable" floating ufo in youtube :chuckle::LOL: i don't know which is cheesier , nsc or muse version of ufo :LOL:

srscheez.gif

I saw myself protesting :awesome:

anyways, got back from the gig 1 hour ago. i though it was odd that they didn't play any of the top 5 songs, but actually, i don't give a fuck, the gig was amazing. and that's all i ask for! going to bed now.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the gig and hope you can provide us with a full report once you've rested up! :D

*greedy dux wants info* :$

No, I'm just confrontational and don't do well with stupidity.

that's ok, at least you're trying... you can only use what you've got....

*ba-dum-tssssshhhh*

Yeah, you are. You are the "i'm too cool to apart of the world" kind of child. You had a sad, depressing childhood, I'm assuming?

Hardly, I get on fine with other people, thanks. If anyone seems to have a disconnection with the world, it's yourself with your sweeping generalisations here.

Sorry to say but the Arctic Monkeys success came of the back of their own hard work and some extreme love from the British media.

Isnt Pitchfork the site that loves to troll Muse?

Absolutely. I hate Pitchfork. They gave my favorite album a 0. But that doesn't make their influence any less.

Trend followers who can't form their own opinions, that's who. And probably Radiohead fans. And the uber-indie people you just want to slap.

What is it with the mono-brush users here? I'm a Radiohead fan, and I've never heard of Pitchfork before tonight. Not that I care for musical publications anyway, I like to formulate my own opinions on music, thanks.

Archived