There is a need to bitch bc they blew off fan voted songs. Why get everyone's hopes up with the polls if you're not gonna play the songs. And again it's not CE/Bliss per say, but the fact that they were the poll winners and weren't played. I feel like the fans were ignored. This worries me and I think I'm not being unreasonable in feeling this way.

I guess, I was a bit confused as to why they didnt play any of the winners but I'm sure theres a reasonable explination for it [as been stated thousands of times in this thread already]. That doesn't mean this is the end of the world and the band are neglecting their fans. Id be disappointed I guess, but it's Muse and there are better songs that they played live at this show than just those that the fans voted for. Muse doesn't need to explain themselves everytime someone thinks they step out of line or do something shitty. They didn't play the voted songs, whoops sorry, that sucks.

I'm going to state this once again. Notice no one gives a shit about SP anymore and they play in small arenas? Because he did what the forum told him to do, and epically failed.

SP failed because of inter band issues.

Edit: Oh and no point comparing other bands or groups. Each face entirely independent issues.

I guess, I was a bit confused as to why they didnt play any of the winners but I'm sure theres a reasonable explination for it [as been stated thousands of times in this thread already]. That doesn't mean this is the end of the world and the band are neglecting their fans. Id be disappointed I guess, but it's Muse and there are better songs that they played live at this show than just those that the fans voted for. Muse doesn't need to explain themselves everytime someone thinks they step out of line or do something shitty. They didn't play the voted songs, whoops sorry, that sucks.

:D I look forward to meeting you in OKC. You think like me.

No, the fanbase continually spits on the damn band. Same reason Billy Corgan told his fanbase to go fuck off. The guy goes out and plays all his old stuff, and 10 fans are happy while the show gets blasted for being a "shitshow" by Pitchfork.

Who gives a toss about Pitchfork???????:confused:

On-topic: I can't wait to see this new stage set-up live, the videos and pictures had me in stitches. as did some of the setlist choices. It's going to be one massive gigglefest! :LOL:

no they don´t have to explain, that´s right.. but then they shouldn´t have made the setlist poll at all, would have been much easier for them!

This. Would turn things a lot easier for them. They said "play ONE of the top-5"...I think that was not enough but who cares when we had the chance to vote on a song poll?? I think not playing any of the 5 is just pure disrespect...but hey...it´s just me and my opinion...

Who gives a toss about Pitchfork???????:confused:

On-topic: I can't wait to see this new stage set-up live, the videos and pictures had me in stitches. as did some of the setlist choices. It's going to be one massive gigglefest! :LOL:

An entire generation of people.

You may love Muse, but other people give me differing ideas.

You think I don't like Muse? Without them, I wouldn't be as serious a Bassist as I am, and for that they have my eternal and undying gratitude. But the original point that I have echoed from many people re: Muse putting up a poll for the fans and then refusing to pull it off with ample time to do so being a bit rubbish, still stands.

To go along with the "it's more about what they promised to fans," I hate CE and don't care if I hear it or not, but that's not the point at all. This was their chance to show us they listened to us and to do what they said they would, the first big stadium show of the summer. Even if it's the only time they do it and they play CE and Bliss next show, they still blue balled the Swiss fans who voted and thought they were getting CE and Bliss. ;)

I do love your one word answers that dont actually explain what you think while at the same time dissolving your credibility. Good job.

The only credibility I'm dissolving is with you, and it doesn't really matter because you've already lost any credibility with me.

To go along with the "it's more about what they promised to fans," I hate CE and don't care if I hear it or not, but that's not the point at all. This was their chance to show us they listened to us and to do what they said they would, the first big stadium show of the summer. Even if it's the only time they do it and they play CE and Bliss next show, they still blue balled the Swiss fans who voted and thought they were getting CE and Bliss. ;)

They played CE at Rock In Rio, wasn't that voted the top in that poll? I seriously just think something was up and they couldnt fit it in...or something was just up and they couldn't play it.

What I want to know is what did the "alien" look like - was it just a person on a UFO = alien, or was there a costume? If it didn't have big eyes and some form of antennae I'll be sad :(

An entire generation of people.

which generation might that be? I must be too old :supersad:

They played CE at Rock In Rio, wasn't that voted the top in that poll? I seriously just think something was up and they couldnt fit it in...or something was just up and they couldn't play it.

Fair enough but they could have given an explanation or replaced it with another of the high ranking songs on the setlist vote

which generation might that be? I must be too old :supersad:

You know, the teenybopper and 20-year-old facial hair crowd. Saying Pitchfork has no gravity in music is dumb-look at Vampire Weekend or Arctic Monkeys. They skyrocketed these bands to ridiculous levels of popularity.

Archived