I just came in, but isn't the point of this argument that they didn't play even the top two songs in the polls like they had said they would and didn't say they had problems getting them ready either?

I mean, that doesn't have anything to do with enjoying newer Muse. I love The Resistance and I'm extremely disappointed that they didn't listen to their fans. :(

No, the setlist is a major complaint, followed by they didn't play CE or Bliss. If the crowd wasn't so goddamn lame at Rock in Rio, we might not have had this problem.

Muse didn't play CE or Bliss, which people voted on. Instead, they played a setlist reliant on their newer stuff. Who knows why they didn't play CE or Bliss, I'm betting it was some "last minute cut" of the song. We will know the next time they play a stadium gig. Muse appears to be reinvigorated again...after I saw that last one. There is more than likely some reason other than "ignoring their fans"

I just wish everyone would stop fucking complaining. It's so fucking tired and repetitive.

But still, no announcement or anything? They could have just said something about it instead of leaving us in the dark. :erm:

I do too, but this seems like a pretty reasonable complaint. :)

Muse didn't play CE or Bliss, which people voted on. Instead, they played a setlist reliant on their newer stuff. Who knows why they didn't play CE or Bliss, I'm betting it was some "last minute cut" of the song. We will know the next time they play a stadium gig. Muse appears to be reinvigorated again...after I saw that last one. There is more than likely some reason other than "ignoring their fans"

I just wish everyone would stop fucking complaining. It's so fucking tired and repetitive.

And you wouldn't feel betrayed as a fan? To know that the songs that were majoritively voted in were not played? You don't consider that a spit in the face of the Muse fanbase?

I honestly dont give a shit. If I were to attend this gig I wouldn't be disappointed in the slightest. It all looks fucking FANTASTIC. There is no need to bitch, just because CE or Bliss we'rent played. They got Unintended, Take A Bow, and even I Belong To You. Get over it...there are so many more shows they will play.

Because Dom already said his fanbase would kill Muse if they didn't play it and Matt went out and said "yeah we're going to play the top two songs" but they magically disappeared from tonight's setlist. Notice the only two bitchers are you and mattarena. GTFO then and go have an orgy with the douche who said Matt isn't a great guitar player. This was an epic show, I wish I was going to one of them. Like 95% of Muse's fanbase.

*scratches head, checks definition of "epic" in dictionary* Nope, that's not it :LOL:

And GTFO, that's just classy.

But where do I find this guy and the orgy? :eyebrows:

They don't have to make an announcement to why they played song or didn't. Matt never came out and said "This reason ___________ is why we didn't play Bliss in America" or "This reason ___________ is why we don't play MK Ultra every night", or "This reason _________ is why [insert city here] gets Ruled by Secrecy and you don't"

The setlist issue wouldn't have bothered people this much if Muse hadnt of put up a poll to choose this tours songs. The fact is Muse (without giving the fans a reason, which they owe in these circumstances) have disregarded that poll and sets a dangerous precedent for the rest of the tour. Thats why people are displeased and complaining which they have every right to.

And you wouldn't feel betrayed as a fan? To know that the songs that were majoritively voted in were not played? You don't consider that a spit in the face of the Muse fanbase?

No, the fanbase continually spits on the damn band. Same reason Billy Corgan told his fanbase to go fuck off. The guy goes out and plays all his old stuff, and 10 fans are happy while the show gets blasted for being a "shitshow" by Pitchfork.

They don't have to make an announcement to why they played song or didn't. Matt never came out and said "This reason ___________ is why we didn't play Bliss in America" or "This reason ___________ is why we don't play MK Ultra every night", or "This reason _________ is why [insert city here] gets Ruled by Secrecy and you don't"

But the fans voted for this one. We didn't have a say in America. :erm:

No, the setlist is a major complaint, followed by they didn't play CE or Bliss. If the crowd wasn't so goddamn lame at Rock in Rio, we might not have had this problem.

I was there and I agree with that but that´s no freaking reason to not play CE in their Stadium!! tour...and let´s not talk about the results of the poll...

I honestly dont give a shit. If I were to attend this gig I wouldn't be disappointed in the slightest. It all looks fucking FANTASTIC. There is no need to bitch, just because CE or Bliss we'rent played. They got Unintended, Take A Bow, and even I Belong To You. Get over it...there are so many more shows they will play.

There is a need to bitch bc they blew off fan voted songs. Why get everyone's hopes up with the polls if you're not gonna play the songs. And again it's not CE/Bliss per say, but the fact that they were the poll winners and weren't played. I feel like the fans were ignored. This worries me and I think I'm not being unreasonable in feeling this way.

Does anyone even like Muse anymore? :erm: I don't see any appreciation. :(

I do! They're one of the only entities that hasn't let me down recently, setlist polls or not. They help make my life tolerable. There's some appreciation for ya!:happy:

I don't know why they did not play the poll winners, but did we not observe that the audience was dead last week when they played Citizen Erased? Much as I loved hearing it, if it doesn't go over with the majority of the audience , that could be a reason to drop it. Just a thought

The difference is, though, that was a festival so there are bound to be many people in the crowd who are not as familiar with an older/more obscure album track from the band. This was a proper muse gig, so the assumption should be that everyone there has come to hear them and as such they should be expected to know the big album tracks.

No, the fanbase continually spits on the damn band. Same reason Billy Corgan told his fanbase to go fuck off. The guy goes out and plays all his old stuff, and 10 fans are happy while the show gets blasted for being a "shitshow" by Pitchfork.

And so spitting back is the best response? :facepalm:

Sir you are kinda going off the point. Nobody's "spitting on the damn band". We all love Muse, this is their forum after all and are simply expressing our thoughts.

But they should in these circumstances. You cant ask your fans (the group of people the band is entirely reliant upon more than any other factor) and then ignore them. Fine they can do it on ordinary tours much like the previous one, but this is a kick in the balls to any fan that cares about the way they experience Muse.

I'm going to state this once again. Notice no one gives a shit about SP anymore and they play in small arenas? Because he did what the forum told him to do, and epically failed.

Sir you are kinda going off the point. Nobody's "spitting on the damn band". We all love Muse, this is their forum after all and are simply expressing our thoughts.

You may love Muse, but other people give me differing ideas.

Archived