I appreciate that people become fans at many different times. The first album I was a fan for a release of was Absolution, but had been a fan maybe a year before that? But you RESEARCH and you SHARE and you get to know everything about a band that you like (or at least I can assume that 90% of the fans on this board do, anyway) so we're BOUND to know songs from earlier than when we first became fans. *THAT'S* why I get so pissed off that they even REFUSE to acknowledge that their first album exists!

I was agreeing with you, btw ;) Just stating it a different way....

It's the band who i was saying are apparently unaware of the fact that people can still listen to their old songs, even if they're new fans :)

Well it looks like they officially went downhill in the studio AND live since The Resistance was released :stunned:

It's not that they've gone downhill, I don't think anyone here doubts that they've still "got it" it's just that they're choice of songs for the setlist isn't up to par.

Compare:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2010/madison-square-garden-new-york-ny-63d4d29f.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2010/madison-square-garden-new-york-ny-63d4bed3.html

Pearl Jam are old men compared to Muse. And that was an arena show. Muse played a stadium show tonight and really let themselves and the fans down.

PJ also rotate their sets constantly - compare it with the night before, still at MSG. Muse still have a lot of work to do to become one of the truly great live bands.

Pearl Jam... just amazing !!!!! long long gig... and what about Muse??? you pay a lot for too little... they are becoming comercial as hell thanks to... ehem... Twilight :mad:

The set and the ufo and shit looked really great, but i'm still just really dissapointed that they would excite the fans with a setlist poll and not bother to play any of the top 5 like they said they would do. First time i've slagged off Muse on this forum, *head shake*.

Pearl Jam... just amazing !!!!! long long gig... and what about Muse??? you pay a lot for too little... they are becoming comercial as hell thanks to... ehem... Twilight :mad:

Thanks to Twilight? Not really...

i now regret not buying the pass at glasto AND buying the wembley tickets :(

muse keep saying they will bring/do something special at glasto

why they don't bring/do something in every show? just wondering

They are fucking LAZY.

The set and the ufo and shit looked really great, but i'm still just really dissapointed that they would excite the fans with a setlist poll and not bother to play any of the top 5 like they said they would do. First time i've slagged off Muse on this forum, *head shake*.

Same. Tis a sad day.

It's not Twilight and it's not that they're commercial...they're just lazy. 21 songs at a stadium gig is not acceptable. They should be doing 21 songs for Arena gigs and 25+ for stadium.

You know, I really don't care if they want to go completely over the top, with the wacky stage, acrobats, UFOs, lifts, lights, balloons, rising pillars, etc. Blowing people's minds or confusing them, it's still Muse. Eccentric.

I don't even care if Matt wants to wear bra and panties on stage and nothing else - he can do whatever the hell he wants, it's his clothes. :LOL:

But saying you're going to play songs, and then not. That deserves an explanation. Not fair to the fans at all.

Archived