Muse fans are intelligent. Right?

Redrosel

Awwwwww...that's not bragging. You are just stating facts! And that is brilliant!

Anyone that calls it bragging most likely has an inferiority complex and probably feels bad about the person they are.

Drink in your gifts, they are yours to enjoy, and share with the world!

We all have 'em they are just different in each of us. :)

Awwwwww aren't you so nice? That's so kind of you!! :) Haha yah my friends call me a nerd or geek, especially because of my love for math lol :p I don't like to come out and say "I'm smart!" because of my fear of how people would take it. I have no fears with you! You're such a nice Muser :D Thankies!

There is a scientifically proven correlation between intelligence and loving Muse.

You don't say? :LOL:

• 1 month later...
Guest Sarah-x

Muse fans are intelligent. right?

well yes and no, isnt it obvious that some fans will be really intelligent and others not. :LOL:

me im gonna go for the intelligent group :p even if i can't spell :chuckle:

Why is there this smart 'status' surrounding Muse fans? Muse live's slogan is 'Rock for clever people' ... really? And who the feck cares if some of us are smart, lol? Some are clever, some are average, others are lacking some brain cells :p - we're all still fans.

Yeah, I guess the fact that a lot of us can decipher the many strange codes Muse have thrown at us is proof that we has brains, and we (usually) engage in interesting debates based on Matt's crazy conspiracies and all the political shite he sings about... I s'pose the assumption is you have to be smart to understand it.

Howver, currently, he's singing about love being forever and dying together... you don't exactly need tot be a rocket scientist to figure out the meaning behind that one :p.

Anyways, my main point is, whether you're smart or thick, doesn't make you any more or less of a fan ;)

Can I be smart?

Of course :happy:

I like to think that Muse fans have a certain air of sophisticality (is that a word!?!) about them, because of the nature and depth of muse's music. But it depends on which aspects of muse you like. For example, I like the classical element, and classical music lovers like myself tend to be quite intelligent, or at least, they think they are

To be fair though, I don't i've seen anyone say that...correct me if I'm wrong.

Also note how I said "us" and "we". So I lump myself with all other fans.

sadly enough, i have heard girls say the only reason theyve listened to muse is because theyre songs are in twilight...

There's a difference between intelligence and maturity. ;)

Or maybe because I like to think of myself as rather intelligence, but I am well aware I have the maturity of an 5 year old when it comes to poo jokes. :LOL:

a bunch of us should take the briggs-meyer personality test and see which personality type comes up most often for muse fans :awesome:

just took the test, apparently I'm an ENTP :stunned:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes1.htm

Sure, why not? I'm curious.

I'm INTP

Introverted 78%

Intuitive 25%

Thinking 38%

Perceiving 22%

I think it works both ways. In some ways, yes, Muse fans are more intelligent, and sometimes, I'd said no, we're not. It varies. Perhaps there is a higher proportion of brainy types than there are in other music fandoms. You can see that split here; I've seen threads on more standard fangirlish topics like Matt's hair (not that these topis are for stupid people, they're just not what you might call intellectual), but there's also threads on things like whether the music is masculine or feminine; ISPs, politics...there's a thread for serious and silly discussion,basically.

As for more tolerant, I'd say we're welcoming, more than tolerant. In my experience anyway. I always befriend someone in the queue for a Muse gig, and always end up chatting to the people stood around me down the front; on one memorable occasion a total stranger shared birthday cake and champagne with us in the queue. How many bands have fans who do that? If we know you're a proper fan, we're nice as pie, but I do find that some Muse fans can be slightly stand-offish if they think you don't understand the awesomeness of Muse. There is a slight air of elitism too at times, with people who've been fans since Showbiz looking down on those who came to Muse later.

:yesey: Exactly. +1

ESFP. :D

There's a difference between intelligence and maturity. ;)

Or maybe because I like to think of myself as rather intelligence, but I am well aware I have the maturity of an 5 year old when it comes to poo jokes. :LOL:

Sure, why not? I'm curious.

I'm INTP

Introverted 78%

Intuitive 25%

Thinking 38%

Perceiving 22%

INFP

introverted 22%

intuitive 50%

feeling 50%

percieving 22%

I think some MUSE fans are more involved than others, some are...normal...and some are those twilight teenagers :mad:

Alot of people who I know who know MUSE have no idea what a Zeta is or HAARP or MK Ultra. Alot of people don't understand the significance of songs. I'm not saying we should dissect everything, but I think it's good to understand the interests and concerns of the band. Then you can better sympathise with the music. And every REAL MUSE fan that I've met have seemed pretty damn cool to me. If you take the time to understand what Matt's going on about, and maybe read a few conspiracy theories I think you're smarter. MUSE definitely appeal to the nerd in me ;)

But yeah alot of them are also pretty pretentious...I think I'm one of them :$

I'm INTP

56% Introverted

62% Intuitive

25% Thinking

11% Perceiving

Archived