Muse fans are intelligent. Right?

Redrosel

a lot of people i know like the music,but hate matt's voice.i love matt's voice.

i don't know,really,i think we all are intelligent people.

That's a reaction I get a lot, but I have the opposite problem. I hate most people's voices unless it's Matt. :LOL: He has a unique voice for sure, though.

Anyway, I do think there is a bit of arrogance saying that Muse fans are more intelligent.

I've know muse fans to be either pretentious assholes or just chill.

I went to the mcr/muse gig and noticed that. The mcr fans were very sweet and friendly... But some were annoying and irritating. The muse fans there were stand offish and some were just chill.

I wouldn't say just bc they listen to muse it means they are nicer and more likely to share their food. It's just that the person is nice and happens to be a muse fan. I did experience asshole muse fans but I just think those people have always been asshole-ish and just so happen to be fans of muse.

It all really depends on each person individually.

indeed :yesey: although i would like to say listening to muse makes you a better person, alas it does not. it just makes you ( i speak for myself) a happier one.

I am going to throw a spanner into the works here.. Yes muse attracts a vary of fans, most of the people that i am friends with that are from here that are muse fans has intelligent sort of jobs the jobs that requires a lot of brainpower to consult.

And also i have noted that there are a lot of artistic,creative people and though some may disagree you dont need to be smart to be able to draw or what ever but you kinda need some smarts to draw otherwise you wouldnt have anything to fall by to make a good creation i would also ask how many artsy people that are muse fans now finds it easier to tap into the internal arty world, even though they were already creative..

With any bands has thier dumb,intelligent and dubligent or intelldub

well we are definetly better than the JONAS BROTHERS fans :LOL::LOL::LOL:

i don't know,nobody i know (apart from my sister) listens to muse so i don't really know...;)

we are I WANT TO MARRY JOE NICK AND KEVIN! THEY ARE HOT OMG JOE BE MAH HUBBY *GASP* *SCREAM* I LOVEEEEEEEE YOU I WEAR A PURITY RING JUST CAUSE YOU DO! /caps fail but true :facepalm:

muse fans are like I love matt i wanna do bad things to him.....BUT NOT MARRY HIM,or do I :shifty::cool:

we are I WANT TO MARRY JOE NICK AND KEVIN! THEY ARE HOT OMG JOE BE MAH HUBBY *GASP* *SCREAM* I LOVEEEEEEEE YOU I WEAR A PURITY RING JUST CAUSE YOU DO! /caps fail but true :facepalm:

muse fans are like I love matt i wanna do bad things to him.....BUT NOT MARRY HIM,or do I :shifty::cool:

yes you do wanna marry him but your not gunna scream it at him lol

TIRO and KoC are up there, too. Those two I've actually heard on the radio before, though my friend said he's also heard Starlight, but never SMBH.

There's just loads of Twilight fans around.

i suppose,but i don't think that a twilight fan would join the board for hearing two songs.

I think as fans we are all equal.I love this board,and i also hate the "teen language".I'm a teenager myself and I fucking hate it,I don't know what's the point in not being smart,and not knowing english grammar.

I don't think there is any correlation to intelligence and taste in music. Maybe people who are frequent listeners to classical.... but that's about it. Claiming one group of people are more intelligent from another based on their musical preference is not very realistic.

The music of Muse is very different and deep but it does not share the same complexities as Mozart, Beethoven.. or dare I say, Radiohead? But I'll admit Muse has a very special way of stirring up ones emotions in a positive way, it's sort of mesmerizing and compelling.

It must be subliminal messages and brainwashing musical tones!!! lol.

yes you do wanna marry him but your not gunna scream it at him lol

you don't want him to think that you're crazy... :)

i suppose,but i don't think that a twilight fan would join the board for hearing two songs..

yes,my dear sister,i dont like when muse fans insult twilight so much that it is not funny anymore because i am a twilight fan and a muse fan (i wouldnt be here if i wasnt).that's the only thing that i don't like ,muse fans not being tolerant (sometimes)

I don't know if we're more intelligent or anything, honestly. I don't think there are "kind" of fans depending on which bands you're listening to.:) But it's true that the Muse fans I know aren't silly people at all, but I also know U2 fans, Franz Ferdinand fans, RATM fans, etc... And they're clever too.:D

On average, a Muse fan would probably be smarter than someone who mostly listens to rap. But that's mostly to do with social groups and their musical tastes, rather than the music itself. I don't doubt that there are smart rap fans, 'dumb' Muse fans, and people who like both.

But I'll admit Muse has a very special way of stirring up ones emotions in a positive way, it's sort of mesmerizing and compelling.

It must be subliminal messages and brainwashing musical tones!!! lol.

Yeah I don't know what it is. They definitely have something about them and their success is due to more than luck I think (which incidentally, Matt has put it down to).

Ok, just to be sure, I'm not saying that listening to Muse makes you smart. It's just that they tend to attract the more clever people... And also, if you're clever, you don't have to like Muse, and indeed intelligence isn't a necessity for being fan.:happy:

Ok, just to be sure, I'm not saying that listening to Muse makes you smart. It's just that they tend to attract the more clever people... And also, if you're clever, you don't have to like Muse, and indeed intelligence isn't a necessity for being fan.:happy:

This sounds like it makes a bit of sense...

I mean, at my school, the less intelligent people/people that don't care about school tend to be the ones to listen to pop or rap music...

It could be we're a little more complex. The music is deep.

I like a little more complex music with deeper lyrics.

I really don't like music like Katy Perry (or how you write it), "I kissed a girl and I liked it" Come one, that's not really a song they thought over. Even I can write better lyrics then that.

So maybe I am more complex because I want music and lyrics that touch me and make me think.

It could be we're a little more complex. The music is deep.

I like a little more complex music with deeper lyrics.

I really don't like music like Katy Perry (or how you write it), "I kissed a girl and I liked it" Come one, that's not really a song they thought over. Even I can write better lyrics then that.

So maybe I am more complex because I want music and lyrics that touch me and make me think.

Lol. Same. "tonights gonna be a good night". How much simpler can lyrics get?

the way i see it, intelligent people are more likely to not be setisfied with meaningless mainstearm music, but then they can go in many different directions. some people like quiet music, and some like it loud, and then you have other jenres as well.

i have friends that can't fill their 1GB iPod, because all they know is mainsteam pop, and i know very intelligent people that music just doesn't mean that much to them.

so to me its not realy about muse as much as it is about interesting music and interesting people.

Archived