Muse fans are intelligent. Right?

Redrosel

yeah, but I've heard people say "OMG. Muse. they're like that band from twilight right? I love that song!!!! *fangirly squeal*"

Unfortunately a lot of the time when I meet someone around here that has heard of Muse before that's the reaction I get. :stunned: Oh America. I love you.

I don't know any Muse fans irl, but if this forum is any indication, not all Muse fans are intelligent. But yeah, there's definitely a lot of brainiacs on here as well. Perhaps in general, Musers are smarter than the average Britney Spears fan.

:fear: I know a HUGE Britney Spears fan that nearly got a perfect score on the SAT.

...then again, you said "average" :p

Actually most American people know Starlight. Starlight had way more airplay than SMBH.

TIRO and KoC are up there, too. Those two I've actually heard on the radio before, though my friend said he's also heard Starlight, but never SMBH.

There's just loads of Twilight fans around.

TIRO and KoC are up there, too. Those two I've actually heard on the radio before, though my friend said he's also heard Starlight, but never SMBH.

I've never heard Muse on the radio :(

no wait.... back when I had satellite radio they played urpising on BBC.... but I don't think that counts...

really?

I used to hear starlight a lot and recently have been hearing uprising A LOT on the radio

me too!

and once I heard Plug in Baby but I tink that was just a one-off

I reckon muse fans are varying- there are people who just know Muse from twilight, but I have a friend who heard about Muse from twilight and is now really obsessed and listens to all their songs and appreciates them.... so the twilight thing can't be that bad...!?!

A girl in my dance class saw my Muse shirt and said "I love your shirt, that's an awesome band!" So I asked her what songs she likes. She said "Oh, I love SMBH and uh, I can't think of other songs by them though." I do agree that at least here, SMBH seems to be the only song everyone knows. However, listening to the radio, they rarely ever play it, instead they usually play Uprising or KoC. So I'm not sure where everyone is hearing SMBH, but my guess is from Twilight.

On the other hand (back on topic), I agree with some people on the fact that it IS the person. Obviously there are going to be Muse fans who are jerks because that's who they are. Just like there are some celebrities who are absolute retards and others who are genuinely nice. However, I do believe that the genre of music tends to draw a certain crowd of people. Based on what KIND of people it draws, certain bands will have unintelligent crowds but that doesnt mean that EVERYONE there is like that. I think that Muse tend to draw people who are more...erm.. artistic or listen to music just for the music itself. But I'm sure there are Muse fans out there that are the complete opposite. When I went to The Killers, I noticed that the crowd there was young, and they weren't too rough. They seemed mellow, but obviously stood up for the concert and cheered and sung along. It just seems that the type of music The Killers make tends to draw people like that based on the music they produce. I feel that it is the same for every band. But not everyone there has to fit that category of people necessarily. But I do think it takes an open mind to listen and enjoy Muse for what they are. Some of my friends just care about who's singing it or they complain that Muse are "too hard" for them. I believe they are a band you need to listen to alone in your room and really concetrate on how the music makes you feel and the lyrics. But then again, I do that with every song, I'm weird about music and emotions. :LOL: Anyways, that's what I think. :p

yeah, but I've heard people say "OMG. Muse. they're like that band from twilight right? I love that song!!!! *fangirly squeal*"

Yeah, I have got that, but a more common reaction. Is "omg twilight. Ugh. Thats SOOO sad. You like a twilight band.":facepalm: I think thats better though :p

Another common reaction for me to get is "I only know uprising. S'alright I guess" or "ugh, theyb

sound so monotone".

Meh.

I think that the intelligence of a Muse listener varies.

Anyone can like Muse because of their awesome guitar riffs/drum beats/piano melodies but the intelligent fans are the ones who truly appreciate what each individual song is about.

Some songs may have hidden meanings, morse code or other messages and the smart people acknowledge the skill required to pull off something that awesome.

A girl in my dance class saw my Muse shirt and said "I love your shirt, that's an awesome band!" So I asked her what songs she likes. She said "Oh, I love SMBH and uh, I can't think of other songs by them though." I do agree that at least here, SMBH seems to be the only song everyone knows. However, listening to the radio, they rarely ever play it, instead they usually play Uprising or KoC. So I'm not sure where everyone is hearing SMBH, but my guess is from Twilight.

On the other hand (back on topic), I agree with some people on the fact that it IS the person. Obviously there are going to be Muse fans who are jerks because that's who they are. Just like there are some celebrities who are absolute retards and others who are genuinely nice. However, I do believe that the genre of music tends to draw a certain crowd of people. Based on what KIND of people it draws, certain bands will have unintelligent crowds but that doesnt mean that EVERYONE there is like that. I think that Muse tend to draw people who are more...erm.. artistic or listen to music just for the music itself. But I'm sure there are Muse fans out there that are the complete opposite. When I went to The Killers, I noticed that the crowd there was young, and they weren't too rough. They seemed mellow, but obviously stood up for the concert and cheered and sung along. It just seems that the type of music The Killers make tends to draw people like that based on the music they produce. I feel that it is the same for every band. But not everyone there has to fit that category of people necessarily. But I do think it takes an open mind to listen and enjoy Muse for what they are. Some of my friends just care about who's singing it or they complain that Muse are "too hard" for them. I believe they are a band you need to listen to alone in your room and really concetrate on how the music makes you feel and the lyrics. But then again, I do that with every song, I'm weird about music and emotions. :LOL: Anyways, that's what I think. :p

Wow that's all really true, you really express in words what I tried to explain. Especially the bit in bold.:)

So, everyone here has a point. Muse fans are varied, as are humans in general. But if I just take a look at most posts in this forum, every sentence properly starts with a capital letter, you guys use difficult words I sometimes have to look up (and I'm quite good in english, compared to my classmates:p). It's just, different from other forums I've been on. Even my parents said after the concert that the crowd was different from what they expected. I could be wrong, but that's just the idea I get, and ofcourse I assumed this was somehow connected with being a Muse fan. :happy:

:fear: I know a HUGE Britney Spears fan that nearly got a perfect score on the SAT.

...then again, you said "average" :p

Yeah, I did say average. Besides, I got a shitty SAT score, but I'm still intelligent. I just don't test well. :phu:

Wow that's all really true, you really express in words what I tried to explain. Especially the bit in bold.:)

So, everyone here has a point. Muse fans are varied, as are humans in general. But if I just take a look at most posts in this forum, every sentence properly starts with a capital letter, you guys use difficult words I sometimes have to look up (and I'm quite good in english, compared to my classmates:p). It's just, different from other forums I've been on. Even my parents said after the concert that the crowd was different from what they expected. I could be wrong, but that's just the idea I get, and ofcourse I assumed this was somehow connected with being a Muse fan. :happy:

I sort of know what you mean about other forums. In general, I'd say I can tell most of the teens on here seem smart (have well-thought out ideas, good spelling and grammar, etc....). On some other forums the teen chatter is so painful to read, I just stay away. Besides, I'm obviously not a teen! And sometimes I think, "Gah! Don't they teach kids how to form coherent sentences anymore?" And I'm not talking just lol-speak. I've learned to deal with that and perhaps even embrace it in certain instances. :chuckle:

There are certainly exceptions on here, though. Good grief! Sometimes I just have to :facepalm:

• 3 weeks later...

I would say, that most of the musers i've met, are very spacy..

But also, I think, that sometimes, we get a bit arrogant, thinking that we are all much more intelligent than other people.

Maybe, Muse have a majority of clever fans. I think so. I think that their music IS more complex, and a lot of people can't cope with it. That is at least my experience

You have to think further and deeper to really get the lyrics, so that's something.

I think the fans of serveral bands are really different.

I know that Rammstein fans are very nice, but they drink a lot of beer. But really great amounts of beer. I had to work behind the bar during their gig in Antwerp in December. I never saw beer flowing that much and that long and people so drunk during a gig.

But I noticed that Muse can get really weird reactions out of their fans. I was standing in Antwerp next to some really big rocker dudes who were screaming like girls on a concert of the Jonas brothers or Tokyo Hotel. And two other french speaking guys were suddenly screaming: Dominiceeee, I love you!!!

That was just too weird.

You have to think further and deeper to really get the lyrics, so that's something.

I think the fans of serveral bands are really different.

I know that Rammstein fans are very nice, but they drink a lot of beer. But really great amounts of beer. I had to work behind the bar during their gig in Antwerp in December. I never saw beer flowing that much and that long and people so drunk during a gig.

But I noticed that Muse can get really weird reactions out of their fans. I was standing in Antwerp next to some really big rocker dudes who were screaming like girls on a concert of the Jonas brothers or Tokyo Hotel. And two other french speaking guys were suddenly screaming: Dominiceeee, I love you!!!

That was just too weird.

hmmmmm...the tokio hotel fans are mostly girls for are from age 14 to age 18,ao all they do is scream I LOVE YOU BILL! and TOM YOU ARE MY LIFE!!!

hmmmmm...the tokio hotel fans are mostly girls for are from age 14 to age 18,ao all they do is scream I LOVE YOU BILL! and TOM YOU ARE MY LIFE!!!

that's what I thought. And that's what those guys sounded like but not with a lot of words in it.... very weird.

The tokio hotel thing was a guess. I don't know any song of them. Untill a few months ago, I was convinced the singer was a girl, but then I saw something about them in a newspaper. Seems like he is a guy, but if I take a look at him, I'm still not too sure.

I'd like to think there's some sort of filter with Muse songs where the poppy tunes attract the people who like that sort of style. Then there's the more dedicated fans who enjoy most (if not, all) of Muse's songs who tend to have a slightly higher intelligence?

My license plate frame says: MUSE IS ROCK FOR CLEVER PEOPLE.

a lot of people i know like the music,but hate matt's voice.i love matt's voice.

i don't know,really,i think we all are intelligent people.

Archived