Its just becoming a daft tit-for-tat waste of effort now. I would say many of us are as bad as each other. I just wanted to say that *some* top 10s seem to be written to cause controversy, I know I am not the first to dare mention it either (never mind the others who have though it).

My point is "off by miles". Yeah, after the 'me-bashing' I have lost the plot a bit :rolleyes: I have de-railed this enough, I'll stop now :$

I see no evidence that any are written to cause controversy. I might be wrong here, but wasn't your issue the fact that someone had the groove and House of the Rising Sun, both of which are pretty popular here, on their list?

I don't think their was any bashing involved. The worst it got was Sippe putting holes in your argument, and let's face it, that's not exactly uncommon.

I see no evidence that any are written to cause controversy. I might be wrong here, but wasn't your issue the fact that someone had the groove and House of the Rising Sun, both of which are pretty popular here, on their list?

I don't think their was any bashing involved. The worst it got was Sippe putting holes in your argument, and let's face it, that's not exactly uncommon.

Don't be silly, it's obvious that the whole world is out to bash MandaF.

Don't be silly, it's obvious that the whole world is out to bash MandaF.

No. Why do you say that? Thankfully my world is kind. Your MM world is definitely out to bash MandaF.

Sippe loves pocking holes.

No. Why do you say that? Thankfully my world is kind. Your MM world is definitely out to bash MandaF.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or if you really think that...

Sippe loves pocking holes.

I was waiting for that.

No I think the issue is there ARE some trying to cause controversy, and you disagree. There is no 'evidence'. I disagree with you and you have no 'evidence' to disprove my theory.

And as for 'bashing' - can you absolutely, hand on heart, say that you and others don't get a kick from bashing others on here? Pfffftt if you say no.

As for Sippe, he is very wise when it comes to music, but it feels like he goes out of his way to argue and intimidate.

This place is toxic. It depresses the hell out of me and now I feel like it is influencing my love of Muse. I think I need to quit MM, which is a shame as I used to enjoy it :'(

Why would people deliberately post "fake" top 10 just to cause controversy?

This thread (in the last few pages) :LOL:

This place is toxic. It depresses the hell out of me and now I feel like it is influencing my love of Muse. I think I need to quit MM, which is a shame as I used to enjoy it :'(

Still don't get how you can say stuff like this when what started this argument was this:

I guess we all have the odd song that we love which is unpopular here, but some of those are hard to add to a TOP MUSE 10 - surely?

EDIT: I mean songs that are our ABSOLUTE 10 favourite Muse songs, EVER. House of the Rising Sun? The Groove? Sober? Really?

And then complain about being bashed for your opinion.

No I think the issue is there ARE some trying to cause controversy, and you disagree. There is no 'evidence'. I disagree with you and you have no 'evidence' to disprove my theory.

But what reason do you have to believe that people are trying to cause controversy in their lists? Quite a few of the song choices you considered 'weird' and 'not top ten material' have been shown to be liked by quite a lot of fans.

My top 10 (I think) as of now:

1. Stockholm Syndrome

2. Bliss

3. Citizen Erased

4. Map of the Problematique

5. Showbiz

6. Knights of Cydonia

7. Isolated System

8. Plug in Baby

9. Blackout

10. Exogenesis: Symphony, Pt. 3: Redemption

Just in case anyone is interested, here is part 1 (songs 75-38) of my new Top 75 video.

Songs like Ruled By Secrecy, SMBH, Forced In, HCM, Darkshines, Shrinking Universe, Nature_1 and HTAILY have all been in my top10 at some point, and I seriously don't see why it's so odd.

1. People like different things, some people are BOUND to love the less popular songs.

2. Tastes change. A few months ago I was all about Muse's ballads and slow songs, now I'm all about the pop hits.

3. You do realise that you're only judging these "weird" based on your own preferences? There's nothing objectively wrong about having Shrinking Universe as your favourite song. You just find it weird because YOU don't love it.

Songs like Ruled By Secrecy, SMBH, Forced In, HCM, Darkshines, Shrinking Universe, Nature_1 and HTAILY have all been in my top10 at some point, and I seriously don't see why it's so odd.

And many of them have been in mine too. Don't worry I am gone. You, Fabripav, Jobbi, Bumpi and several others have seen me off.

And many of them have been in mine too. Don't worry I am gone. You, Fabripav, Jobbi, Bumpi and several others have seen me off.

:erm:

Oh lawd :rolleyes:

Edit: And that's JobbY to you :phu:

Edited by Jobby

You say that I have no evidence to disprove you (despite the fact that most of these allegedly controversial songs are popular amongst the boardies), but where is your evidence?

And as for 'bashing' - can you absolutely, hand on heart, say that you and others don't get a kick from bashing others on here? Pfffftt if you say no.

No, I don't get a kick out of it. And no one was bashing you (although it might start now). If you say stupid shit you should expect retaliation. That's not just how the board works, it's not just how the internet works, it's how people work. I'm not sure why I'm bothering to say this, though considering you'll just 'pfffftt' it anyway.

Maybe you need to get over yourself a bit. People may disagree with you, they may argue their point, but when was the last time someone insulted you or intentionally made you feel bad? Very few people actually do that here, but if you can't handle negative feedback I suggest you stay away from forums in general.

Edited by bumpypotato

Christ...

Well you're a bit sensitive...

EDIT: I mean songs that are our ABSOLUTE 10 favourite Muse songs, EVER. House of the Rising Sun? The Groove? Sober? Really?

The Groove is awesome. :phu:

It does seem that some people ( I will NOT name names) exist on this board to argue, to not let up, to insult others. It is pretty intimidating around here for a newbie, at least. It's why it took me good few months to start posting after I joined. Sometimes, it's like a pitbull with a steak around here, and that can be offputting.

I don't really think it's a matter of disagreeing, I think its a matter of forgetting that there are real people behind that screen, with feelings, and who don't like to be talked down to. Let's not pretend the critics here are not ruthless and scathing. It would be nice also if everyone's opinions around here were welcomed and not ridiculed, instead of just a few who seem to be untouchable and God forbid someone dish it back out to them. And, new people don't seem to be embraced and welcomed in to the club easily, if at all, which is sad because it is always nice to meet another Muser, imo.

Anyway to keep it on topic, I have hard time with naming favorites because it really depends on my mood, whats going on in my life, what I am interested in at the moment. So, off the top of my head and in no order it goes:

Glorious

Hyperchondriac Music

Unsustainable

Dead Star

Madness

Screenager

Space Dementia

Eternally Missed

The Small Print

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Honorable mention:

Fury

Follow Me

Liquid State

I was waiting for that.

That's what I am here for.

Love how all the people she mentioned replied.

I wish I was mentioned. Why am I so unpopular :'(

Inb4 MandaF replied to musemomof4 with "thank you, at least someone around here understands" and the point is once again lost.

Well it wasn't my intention to take sides, I am not friends with any of you guys beyond a couple interactions here and there.

It was more of an observation from an outside party.

I don't think the people MandaF mentioned are necessarily good or bad, in fact, I can probably point to a lot of posts of theirs (yours) that I agree with or laugh at, or that have made me think.

I just think sometimes ALL of us can go overboard, and speaking as a somewhat newcomer, the "club" is pretty obvious to someone just by glancing at the board.

Look, I am not looking to make anyone change, or break into the clique you all have going on or whatever, I just think it would be nice if we all thought for a second before we hit send. We don't need to be so biting and venomous all the time. Doesn't it make you tired?