I know! Who knew one myspace page could create so much drama!!:LOL:

Yeah, I had forgotten my password and didn't log in for 2 months or so, and a friend of mine had posted one of those lame quizzes about her. I never took it and she sent me a snide text like "oh, did you think you'd fail my friendship quiz?" or something like that, 2 months later! And we're 20+ years old! Come on now! If we were in elementary school, then yeah, it might be acceptable. :LOL: And the other one I get a lot is when I don't approve the photos to be added to my photo album. Sometimes my friends tag me in the most disgusting pictures ever. I'm not very photogenic to begin with! So no, I'm not approving shitty photos!

And I just noticed I put "their" instead of "there" in my original post. :facepalm::vomit: Oops. I hate that.

Now I'm glad myspace isn't that popular among my friends...(but well facebook is :facepalm: so there's pretty much the same problem with photos and I don't even get to reject them :mad: )

Not me but a friend, yes. She told him I messaged him there and he basically said it'd be near impossible for him to find and that he doesn't like to go through there anymore. Can't really blame him! I imagine out of that 200 only 1-2 of them must actually say something that had to be said.

Oh wow that's crazy...no wonder I never got a response back. I hope that everything dies back down. I'm an artist and I recently did some Muse inspired pieces that I really wanted to share with him..maybe I'll just wait out the hysteria. lol I know the few times I've looked at his comments page...wow...some of the comments people make..it's ridiculous! :rolleyes:

Tbh... I really don't think people who have posted screencaps should be blamed for that fuss... I do agree that it was just pure excitement and the fans just wanted to share the joy with the rest of the boardies!

Also, I also agree that Matt really isn't replying anything personal.. Nothing about the colour of the socks he's wearing, nothing about his number, nothing about the brand of his toilet back at home, nothing about his mum etc... He's just being friendly and just at all personal.

I think people who've posted screencaps shouldn't feel bad :)!

I think those psychos are the ones to blame... (I also don't really get why people keep posting on Matt's comment page as if it were their twitter D:! People are like "ZOMG, I am going to work now Matt, I LOVE YOU YOU YOU YOU" etc... C'mon, he won't be interested in your personal schedule!)

- End of rant :p -

Tbh... I really don't think people who have posted screencaps should be blamed for that fuss... I do agree that it was just pure excitement and the fans just wanted to share the joy with the rest of the boardies!

Also, I also agree that Matt really isn't replying anything personal.. Nothing about the colour of the socks he's wearing, nothing about his number, nothing about the brand of his toilet back at home, nothing about his mum etc... He's just being friendly and just at all personal.

I think people who've posted screencaps shouldn't feel bad :)!

I think those psychos are the ones to blame... (I also don't really get why people keep posting on Matt's comment page as if it were their twitter D:! People are like "ZOMG, I am going to work now Matt, I LOVE YOU YOU YOU YOU" etc... C'mon, he won't be interested in your personal schedule!)

- End of rant :p -

Yes, it's really the excitement...because you don't have anybody around you who understands how you feel..."aha, you've recieved a reply from someone on myspace. and now?! What would you like to eat for lunch?" :chuckle:

Hey I have an idea - let's start a "Dom's Myspace" Thread - maybe things come more in balance again by this action :LOL: Chris is a sly fox - I just can imagine how he pokes fun at Dom and Matt while they're totally overchallenged during checking their myspace accounts :LOL::p:LOL:

I think some people are being kind of unfair to Toh...

I don't really think she was blaming anyone here for the crazy posts on his Myspace. She just had an idea to hopefully get things to calm down a bit.

Even if it's out of our hands, I understand where she was coming from and appreciate her for trying to come up with something. :happy:

i wish he'd feel comfortable enough to pop in once in awhile and reply to people and chat a bit on the message board too, maybe. but the band has grown in popularity and so has matt. at this point it's impossible for him to have a myspace or facebook or whatever and not have zillions of people trying to get in touch with him. that's just the way it is.

That would be really cool. I know Trent Reznor replies on the NIN forum every once in a while and has even went into a chat before, and because of that a lot of the fans really are use to Treznor posting and just get into convos with him.

That would be really cool. I know Trent Reznor replies on the NIN forum every once in a while and has even went into a chat before, and because of that a lot of the fans really are use to Treznor posting and just get into convos with him.

Although it's not always positive contact. :LOL: I actually like the fact that the Muse guys don't actively post/read the forums because we can be a bit more relaxed with our posts here. Although some of the board can take that freedom a bit too far sometimes. I know Trent has responded on the forums after I had made a snarky little comment (or two), not knowing he'd read it. It was funny, but at the time I was a bit embarrased and it was weird. :$

Although it's not always positive contact. :LOL: I actually like the fact that the Muse guys don't actively post/read the forums because we can be a bit more relaxed with our posts here. Although some of the board can take that freedom a bit too far sometimes. I know Trent has responded on the forums after I had made a snarky little comment (or two), not knowing he'd read it. It was funny, but at the time I was a bit embarrased and it was weird. :$

:LOL:

I was always scared to participate in the news threads because I didn't want Treznor to viciously attack me if I didn't word my post carefully.

He'd even pick on the users avatar. Like that guy with the Axl Rose avatar. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Oh jeeze I miss his posts. He was either super awesome and gracious, or super awesome and pissed off at a user.

hahaha I love the fact that he posts. I wish the guys did it sometimes. It would be hilarious if they popped into banter and just had regular convos with the board members. :chuckle:

:LOL:

I was always scared to participate in the news threads because I didn't want Treznor to viciously attack me if I didn't word my post carefully.

He'd even pick on the users avatar. Like that guy with the Axl Rose avatar. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Oh jeeze I miss his posts. He was either super awesome and gracious, or super awesome and pissed off at a user.

HAHAHA! I remember that. What's your screenname over there? I don't post much on NIN.com., but I do on ETS. That's where I've had my run-ins with Trent.. :$Here's one run in and here's another one. :facepalm:

I do have to say, Trent is an amazing guy and very very gracious in person. He's been very generous with tickets, etc. and I will always be grateful for that. It's just online, running into him can get quite embarrassing for me. I've learned to not be as snarky, but it still sometimes gets the best of me. :D

Oh, back to Matt's myspace. I think he needs to remove those dead video links from his profile. :D

HAHAHA! I remember that. What's your screenname over there? I don't post much on NIN.com., but I do on ETS. That's where I've had my run-ins with Trent.. :$Here's one run in and here's another one. :facepalm:

I do have to say, Trent is an amazing guy and very very gracious in person. He's been very generous with tickets, etc. and I will always be grateful for that. It's just online, running into him can get quite embarrassing for me. I've learned to not be as snarky, but it still sometimes gets the best of me. :D

Oh, back to Matt's myspace. I think he needs to remove those dead video links from his profile. :D

My name there is just veronicasalas. I don't really post there that much anymore.

o.o oh. my. Awkward.

I bet. Trent seems like such a nice man. Just online he jumps to conclusions and takes out his anger on the small stuff. Except when he had to get his pm disabled... That was not small stuff. I felt so bad for Trizzle.

Matt should replace those dead videos with videos about his good looks to add to the egocentric feel of his myspace. :D

Hey I have an idea - let's start a "Dom's Myspace" Thread - maybe things come more in balance again by this action :LOL: Chris is a sly fox - I just can imagine how he pokes fun at Dom and Matt while they're totally overchallenged during checking their myspace accounts :LOL::p:LOL:

:LOL: Yes, that would be a good way to divert attention from Matt's myspace :ninja:

hahaha I love the fact that he posts. I wish the guys did it sometimes. It would be hilarious if they popped into banter and just had regular convos with the board members. :chuckle:

That would be awesome...But the way things are right now the board would probably implode due to mass hysteria.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: I think I'm gonna die from laughter imagining the look on their pwetty faces while reading the posts...Probably Matt would add pretty insightful, deep comments on Banter. :yesey:

a) Checked out the forum. Loved your "Yes, father." :LOL:

b) Agreed! New videos plz Matt! :happy:

That would be awesome...But the way things are right now the board would probably implode due to mass hysteria.

Well judging from the ISP thread! :facepalm:

It would be nice if they posted, but I think it's too heavy on here. Matt said that reading a hair thread gave him doubt and syphillis! It's very moany on here as well in places which is in contrast to Myspace where the posts might be rather crazy at times but at least seem to be generally meant with affection. I still think they read at times though.

It would be nice if they posted, but I think it's too heavy on here. Matt said that reading a hair thread gave him doubt and syphillis! It's very moany on here as well in places which is in contrast to Myspace where the posts might be rather crazy at times but at least seem to be generally meant with affection. I still think they read at times though.

Stupid question: what does ISP stand for?

Stupid question: what does ISP stand for?

Internet Service Provider

I bet. Trent seems like such a nice man. Just online he jumps to conclusions and takes out his anger on the small stuff. Except when he had to get his pm disabled... That was not small stuff. I felt so bad for Trizzle.

I know :(. I felt bad about it too. It started out as a nice gesture too, with the open email address for fan questions. Then it spiraled out of control.

a) Checked out the forum. Loved your "Yes, father." :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

b) Agreed! New videos plz Matt! :happy:

Yeah! :)

I know :(. I felt bad about it too. It started out as a nice gesture too, with the open email address for fan questions. Then it spiraled out of control.

Those e-mails were beyond anything on Matt's comments board times 100. Those messages were lengthy awful messages meant to hurt him incredibly bad. I wanted to smack that whore!

and they only started up when he became open about his engagement... I really hope Matt's creepy fan problem doesn't even get nearly as disturbing as Trent's.

and they only started up when he became open about his engagement... I really hope Matt's creepy fan problem doesn't even get nearly as disturbing as Trent's.

I definitely think it's escalating. Matt used to be able to visit the forums without that much fanfare. I mean, people would comment on his posts for the lulz, etc., but now it's like 4,000"OMG MATT! HAVE MY BABIES!!!!" & "I FUCKING LOVE YOU DUDE!" posts plus a bunch of other craziness in that ISP thread, and the MySpace craziness. But it seems like Matt has a better handle on the crazies than Trent because he does not give into it at all and ignores it, while Trent tries to bite back, stirring everyone up even more. Then again, as far as we know, the abuse hurled at Trent is way worse and very hateful compared to what Matt receives. :noey:

That is hilarious. :LOL:

"yes father" haha

I remember the initial thread that he was replying to (Lily Allen making a blog about an e-mail he sent to her about the subject) which I partook in only had about 6 page. Instead of replying in there he just made a whole thread about it! He actually says, "some of you think this is well thought out.." and some people did. But yeah no one seemed too interested on the topic until he made a whole thread about it!

That is hilarious. :LOL:

"yes father" haha

I remember the initial thread that he was replying to (Lily Allen making a blog about an e-mail he sent to her about the subject) which I partook in only had about 6 page. Instead of replying in there he just made a whole thread about it! He actually says, "some of you think this is well thought out.." and some people did. But yeah no one seemed too interested on the topic until he made a whole thread about it!

I remember the initial thread. I commented on there too. There was a bit of aggro I remember. I think Matt must have seen it or heard about it.

What's wrong with that? Isn't it nice to know a person actually read your message?

(I only sent one benign "Congrats on a successful tour" message, and I don't have the guts to send anything else.:$)

But... Myspace isn't a private service. And he's a public figure. Hazards of the job, I say. Of course, I'm NOT talking about the crazy "I have your baby" wackadoos. I wish they didn't make people consider giving up harmless fun like sharing that Matt replied to a message.

You quoted me but you cut too much. I said "in order to get a reply from him and then show it to the world", and THAT's what I was talking about. There's nothing wrong with sending a message and hoping he'll reply. And there's nothing wrong with sending random messages like you did either. So actually I don't even know why you wouldn't have the guts to send anything else ;) If you feel like you've got something to tell the guys (and it's not that you want their babies :p), just do it! But if he replies don't put a screencap in your sig and on facebook and on a billboard in the street plz :LOL:

I think some people are being kind of unfair to Toh...

I don't really think she was blaming anyone here for the crazy posts on his Myspace. She just had an idea to hopefully get things to calm down a bit.

Even if it's out of our hands, I understand where she was coming from and appreciate her for trying to come up with something. :happy:

:yesey: +1!

I don't think they'll mind the criticism tbf, so long as it's constructive...if anything, it's just as valuable as all the positive comments they get. They probably visit the board to read our honest views...I don't think it's a coincedence that they introduced the setlist polls this year anyway :)

I remember the initial thread. I commented on there too. There was a bit of aggro I remember. I think Matt must have seen it or heard about it.

I am pretty sure he read it. It wasn't like there were 50 pages to sort through. I think he made the ISP thread mainly because it was a serious topic to him and he didn't get his point across very well in the initial message.

Archived